What's new

Featured Delhi Muslims fear they will never see justice for religious riot atrocities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Sanatan Dharam then.

Let's not get into semantics.

All religions are ways of life for the pious adherents.

I never understood this way of life line.

Religion and personal faith is not a special dress that's worn only on special days when you visit someone or some place.

And you are talking about the concept of cultural nationalism here that remains limited to our soil and bloodlines of a period of hundreds a d thousands of years by residence.

A Christian German in Bremen cannot become a Hindu by living as one. Not by the strict Varana and bloodline paradigm of Vedic Hinduism at least.

No idea about pop Hinduism.

Cheers, Doc
Hinduism (or Sanatan Dharm) is the most difficult to understand by people (even Hindus themselves), since it cannot be bracketed or compared with other religions. There is no start date to Hinduism, nor a single founder, no Pope or Caliph (central religious figure), no central book (Gita is just one of many religious texts).

Hinduism does not believe in conversion as it believes all paths lead to God. You continue following your path to God. Hindus have no desire to ask you to follow our path instead. If someone says Jesus is God, Hindus will say fine. Jesus is also a God, and so is Krishna.

Christian German in Bremen, if he follows a Hindu way of life and consider himself Hindu, is a Hindu. No rituals are needed. There are no codefied laws in Hinduism. Even an atheist can be a Hindu.

Accept all, take everyone along with you, but carry a big stick.

Cheers, Doc

Doc, what about you ? Your dream of a enlarged Zoroastrian population in West Asia. The holy fire back in Iran ? What is India to you ? A launch pad ?

Iskon is Hare Rama pop Hinduism.

I live barely a klometer from their main temple.

Cheers, Doc
Iskon type Hinduism only emerged in the last 100 years as a response to Christian missionary activity. As Kedar said, conversion and reversion are allowed. But since there was originally no concept of conversion in Hinduism, these are not necessary and no rituals are necessary. People do these rituals just to help announce to themselves and the society around them.

"Pitrubhumi" would go well with "Jai Hind".

And even further "Homeland" would go even well with "Jai Hind".
But how would it go well with Jai Hind. Can you come up with a slogan?:p:
Sure, "Jai Hind" for me and "Vande Bharat" for you.
I'm fine with all the slogans you mentioned. I'm not bringing religion anywhere as I know they are nationalistic slogans:-). But just to let you know, during our Independence movement, all the 3 were popular slogans that was used by all communities.

for the love of God, i give up. go ask the hindus, atheists, and communists about islam. no need to refer to Quran and Sunnah.

i have no interest in man-made religions.
Yes, love God. Thats it. Dont go around hating people. Thats the central message of God in any religion. Please follow that.

Yes, love God. Thats it. Dont go around hating people. Thats the central message of God in any religion. Please follow that.

i hate who God told me to hate, and i love who God told me to love. dont talk rubbish about islam if you know nothing about it, and then going about propping up javed akhtar, a jahil when it comes to islam.

Accept all, take everyone along with you, but carry a big stick.
Cheers, Doc
Agreed, but given India is a declared secular country. People of all religions are equal citizens. People of one community becoming self-appointed chowkidars and carrying a stick against another makes the other community second-class citizens. This constant surveillance attitude needs to be dropped.

Agreed, but given India is a declared secular country. People of all religions are equal citizens. People of one community becoming self-appointed chowkidars and carrying a stick against another makes the other community second-class citizens. This constant surveillance attitude needs to be dropped.

There is only one community in India historically.

Hindus.

We need to live with the basic acceptance and respect that historical truth deserves

Loosely we are all Hindus.

For 99.999% of us, we were all Hindu.

This churn is good.

It's teaching people some manners and humility.

Good nation building in our lifetimes.

Cheers, Doc

i hate who God told me to hate, and i love who God told me to love. dont talk rubbish about islam if you know nothing about it, and then going about propping up javed akhtar, a jahil when it comes to islam.
I am not propping or denouncing anyone. I am questioning your authority to denounce anyone. And no God will ask to hate other people. You need a better understanding of your religion.
To quote Allama Iqbal's poetry, "Mazhab nahin sikhaata, aapas mein bair rakhna, Hindi hain hum watan hain, Hindustan hamara, Saare jahan se achha..."

For us India is our homeland

Bharat Mata ki Jai.

Vande Mararam.

Jai Hind.

Jai Sri Ram.

Ushta te.

Cheers, Doc
Ase vichar asayla havet baakichyanche pan, pan nailazane thode loka sagli kade Dharma aantat. Tumchya ya drushtikonamule tumhi evdhe pragatishil zhale aahat sampurna Bhartat.
Ani mala athavtay tumhi sangitlela ki tumche purvaz Maharajanchya sene madhe hote, arthatach hi khup abhimanachi goshta asnar tumchyasathi.

I am not propping or denouncing anyone. I am questioning your authority to denounce anyone. And no God will ask to hate other people. You need a better understanding of your religion.
To quote Allama Iqbal's poetry, "Mazhab nahin sikhaata, aapas mein bair rakhna, Hindi hain hum watan hain, Hindustan hamara, Saare jahan se achha..."

i dont take my religion from a sufi. evidence of anything in religion is a must.

who cares about my authority or javed akhtar? the classical scholars are the authority on the matter, and they say Javed Akhtar is a kafir, and vande mataram is not allowed. my own opinion/authority is not even worth the dust under the feet of the classical islamic scholars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom