What's new

Delhi - Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)

No offence but this is not comparable to Pak-China corridor.

Pak-China will build 10.000MW coal power plants in Thar alon by 2025, lets not even talk about other projects. Dozen of airports are being upgraded, thousands of km of new motorway which is unique in whole South Asia. Hundreds of industrial zones all over Pakistan along corridor. Its gigantic project to connect billions of people with railway, motorway, airports etc
First of all Pakistan has a major bottleneck in power generation so the large number is somewhat expected.
Secondly 4000 MW is just being built as the part of the corridor . Otherwise a lot of power projects are underway . About 32800 MW is to be commissioned in 2015-16 ( not planned or constructed , but to start power generation) with a majority in this region.

Its still in MoU stage,

and if I tell you truth, without feasibility study of Karakorum pass that a all weather road/tunnel can be constructed, with well analysed seismological report, the whole project in doldrums.

And alone this require 2-3 yrs.
he has given clear answer dmic was done in the same way
dmic construction was going to start earlier than 2011 but because of late feasibility study it had to push to 2011

Its still in MoU stage,

and if I tell you truth, without feasibility study of Karakorum pass that a all weather road/tunnel can be constructed, with well analysed seismological report, the whole project in doldrums.

And alone this require 2-3 yrs.

the doldrums are not due to lack of technical assistance it is in that state of trauma because of decisions at political level. They are yet to finalize the route. Delay in project means Loss in Business.

If not from north atleast they should as planned , start building it the basic infrastructure from south. They have this Gwadar port, what is it for? They should not wait. Once the money is invested in the port they will be in pressure to finalize the route to complete the project.

If 2-3 power stations are constructed there it is not a loss even if project is delayed. Finally energy shortage in Sindh will get some additions.

This was going on since UPA's era but the work is now going speed & south is getting Bangalore chennai corridor.I am more worried about East & NE
In Chennai bangalore industrial corridor Uk is partnering like japan is partenering in DMIC
the other parts will get their share of Industrial corridor because many are going to get built.
Don't worry:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited:
Also in the Chennai bangalore industrial corridor Uk is partnering like japan is in DMIC
the other parts will get their share of Industrial corridor because many are going to get built.
Don't worry:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

will this project have electronic fabrication of IC/chips unit also?

If 2-3 power stations are constructed there it is not a loss even if project is delayed. Finally energy shortage in Sindh will get some additions.

But I still emphasize, these projects should be constructed by Pakistanis, and not by Chinese. Otherwise it create another circular debt.

will this project have electronic fabrication of IC/chips unit also?
Yes and you will be surprised that cities which are being built will have zero carbon plot and it is because while forming the Dmic the china reference was taken and after seeing much pollution in china they decided on this. All is given in DMIC youtube video look and take a look at clean energy production. It's a nice video.

But I still emphasize, these projects should be constructed by Pakistanis, and not by Chinese. Otherwise it create another circular debt.

I know but for that we lack infrastructure. Of course the ground level labour will be ours. This is the best time to get trained on some heavy machinery.

Sadly I dont see how this Kolkata to anywhwere/anywhere to Kolkata corridor will come up. With our dear Mamta in West Bengal land aquisition will be a nightmare. Moreover the center cant even get the damn land aquisition bill passed....

Back
Top Bottom