What's new

Delayed Ryanair passengers loot drinks trolley and steal cigarettes in 'barbaric' revolt

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Delayed Ryanair passengers loot drinks trolley and steal cigarettes in 'barbaric' revolt - Weird News - News - The Independent

Angry Ryanair passengers reportedly took a plane hostage in a 'barbaric' revolt before abusing staff and stealing alcoholic drinks.

The incident took place on a Rabat-Paris flight carrying 170 people on 11 January after a passenger became seriously ill and the plane was forced to make an unscheduled stop in Madrid seeking medical assistance, according to French daily Metronews.

As they left the Spanish capital, passengers were told they would land in Nantes instead and be taken to Paris by bus the next morning, complying with night-time noise restrictions at Beauvais airport in Paris.

As the two-and-a-half hour flight turned into a 24-hour ordeal, angry passengers reportedly staged a rebellion, abusing staff and stealing duty free products.

Staff described the incident as 'barbaric' and 'extremely disrespectful'.

A Nantes airport employee told Metronews: "They pillaged the aircraft for food, drinks – especially alcoholic drinks – cigarettes and perfumes, anything of any value.

"They behaved like animals towards the plane, the crew and members of the airport’s ground staff."

One passenger defended the revolt: "We were tired, on edge, because the situation was badly managed, we were hungry and thirsty and no one was giving us any information.

"After seven hours locked in a plane – instead of the scheduled two-and-a-half – people need to eat. We simply helped ourselves."

Ryanair said reports in the French press were 'inaccurate'.

A spokesperson added: "There was no mutiny on arrival in Nantes, passengers were provided with overnight hotel accommodation and were transferred by coach to Paris Beauvais the following morning, in line with Ryanair’s policies and obligations.

"Ryanair apologised sincerely to all passengers affected by this delay."

Sounds like the passengers may have been Indians...

upload_2014-1-22_11-1-27.jpeg

Sounds like a normal flight with Ryan Air. Serious...you get what you pay for.

Sounds like a normal flight with Ryan Air. Serious...you get what you pay for.

Lol..true that.Have to admit I was a bit of a fan in the mid 2000s before Broon hiked flight taxes and Ryan Air website turned into a minefield of hidden charges.At one point, I was doing day trips to Italy, Spain etc every weekend for around £20 return..those were the days:(

Lol..true that.Have to admit I was a bit of a fan in the mid 2000s before Broon hiked flight taxes and Ryan Air website turned into a minefield of hidden charges.At one point, I was doing day trips to Italy, Spain etc every weekend for around £20 return..those were the days:(

Timuçin where are you from ?

Back
Top Bottom