What's new

Defeat of Sikhs by Dilasa Khan Bannuchi

@FaujHistorian is our biggest mental case…. he forgets sometimes that he is a pakistani not a indian… that he lives in pakistan now not in bihar…
@jatt+gutts your a coward… still waiting on your call… your a matt without gutts

Oh yeah.

Well brother, meray bhai

meray piayray.

Driving taxi for 18 hours must be tough.

Come on. Let me serve you virtual chai.

Have a seat and let's watch a bollywood flick.

Or may be a a crazy talk show talking to every crazier Taliban Khan.

Have a seat brother.

you must be tired.

peace to you.

Oh yeah.

Well brother, meray bhai

meray piayray.

Driving taxi for 18 hours must be tough.

Come on. Let me serve you virtual chai.

Have a seat and let's watch a bollywood flick.

Or may be a a crazy talk show talking to every crazier Taliban Khan.

Have a seat brother.

you must be tired.

peace to you.
yes it is tough , but i gotta keep driving it….

This writeup is kind of confusing.

It says Dilasa Khan of Bannu.

but then he is described to have villages
------------ (So Dilasa Khan must not be from Bannu city of today. Correct?)

then he has foes like Waziris.
------------ (So Dilasa Khan must not be the areas now called North or South Wazirastan. Correct?)

Let's make sure we can pin point his base (or bases) outside bunnu in today's maps.

Without these specific details, this thread will turn into an empty chest beating from all sides.

Thank you.
Khamakha complicate kyun kar rahe ho. If he is bannuchi then he is certainly not from north waziristan. And as mentioned in the article, he was malik/chief of tappa daud shah, not entire bannu (pashtuns do not have single chieftain for a tribe like balochs, but numerous)

Khamakha complicate kyun kar rahe ho. ...)

Study of military history is very very complicated.

If you treat it lightly, you may end up with utterly wrong conclusions.

So it is utmost important to have proper perspective for any military campaign with at least the following (if not more)..

1. Exact time period (s)
2. map of the batter front(s)
3. Men on each position
4. Low level commanders (squad and unit level)
5. Battle plans.

Without such specific knowledge, a military discussion is like trying to make babies when husband and wife are 500 miles apart.

(ignoring the IVC) this will result in either no babies, or worse, bastards.

So please never ever bastardize military history. it will hurt you big time.

......If he is bannuchi then he is certainly not from north waziristan. And as mentioned in the article, he was malik/chief of tappa daud shah, not entire bannu (pashtuns do not have single chieftain for a tribe like balochs, but numerous)

Off course one can assume many things. The point is if you did justice by putting all the facts together.

Thank you and Khuda Paman.

pathans were worthy enemy of Sikhs is all i can say but this account Sikhs armies were trembling and fearfull while entering valley is self boasting.. khalsa warriors fear none.
I agree but these are the exact words of Englishmen ( Septimus Smet Thorburn and Lepel Henry Griffin ) from whose books i have quoted the above two pieces of writing, so it can not be called as self-boasting. We dont know whether Sikhs really trembled in fear from Dilasa khan, but he really inflicted a shock on them .

Last edited:
1. Exact time period (s)
2. map of the batter front(s)]
3. Men on each position
4. Low level commanders (squad and unit level)
5. Battle plans.

Oh bahi, no battle of panipat was taking place.

Last edited:
Sikhs are and were overrated, one-off does not count. Few years here and there does not count. Pashtuns have proved themselves time and time again. Yes Sikhs were worthy enemy of Pashtuns for a short period of time, however compare them to other enemies of Pashtuns over the centuries sikhs does not even come close. Everyone tried and miserably failed, history is the witness.
Sikh misls actually gave quite a trouble to Afghan rulers of Punjab in 18th century and later under leadership of Ranjeet singh , they took the war to the pashtun lands. Neither Pashtuns nor Sikhs are superhumans. Leadership , unity and better military strength played key role. In my opinion,
1- Durranis had poor grip over Punjab, they were not good administrators like mughals.
2- When Ranjeet singh captured lahore, Afghans had already plunged into civil war. First there was war of succession between sadozais, then there was long war between sadozais and barakzais for kabul throne. When Sikhs were conquering punjab, no military aid from kabul came to assist afghan garrissons in punjab.
3- Better training on european lines, heavy artillery and discipline of sikh army proved deadly against Afghan lashkars from volunteers. The local pashtun tribes of KPK sucked even more as they had not even sufficient rifles let alone artillery. Majority were equiped with swords and shields with defiecency of rifles.
4- No leadership and combined resistance from pakhtuns of KPk, each tribe was fighting sikhs individually on its own. Sikhs saw syed ahmad bareilwi as major threat as he had potential to unite various tribes on single platform on religious basis.

Firstly learn how to spell, it’s not Pashtoons. Secondly go read some history of the past 50 years and then compare them to Sikhs – Embarrassing for you, I know. The further you go down the more Sikhs will have nothing to show – Like I said earlier taking the one-off. But then everyone around the world in the past few centuries have got something to show. So don’t take it personally. One word, Overrated.

Lastly talking about pride, type Sikhs into youtube/whatever. Exactly I don’t know where the pride comes from.
Pashtoon is also considered a correct spelling. Pashtun , Pashtoon, Pakhtun.......all are correct words except pathan/pathani

What I drank for was for something else. Taking my jiggar to the end of it's depths and coming back for a personal reason. If I continued to engage in this addiction I would have been just another statistic like you bhangi nashai sardars.

If I kept drinking, I would make up stories about killing hundreds of men with my pinky like you talli sardars.

Regardless, my personal life has nothing to do with how your people got massacred by paan spitting bhaiyaas in 84'.
Stop trolling on the thread.

Last edited:
sikhs r really brave and has the most respect in India.....it does not matter what mujahidind says as we know indian muslims r only good in only talking but they r the most coward among all muslims in this world....indian muslims r typically full of inferiority complex and loud moth but when time comes to fight or do something they chose to run away instead of facing it.......indian muslims r most disrespected among all communities in India due to their coward and stupid attitude and extreme poverty and illiteracy rate.

Back
Top Bottom