What's new

Dedicated to General Hameed Gul: Man of Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he do exactly? Training Afghan mujahidin? Didn't that policy backfire at the end for Pakistan?

Someone please explain why he is popular and what he has done for Pakistan that has made it a "better" country.

While Iran was busy backing Northern Alliance child molesters and murderers he was busy safeguarding Pakistani interests.

@ mods please check this guy out and please don't let any trolls ruin this thread.

Calm down. That's a very simple question, and if you don't like the question, just leave it.

I don't know much about him, that's why I asked about him. I just know he was a head of ISI for some time and an army general.

If he did make Pakistan a better place, then I wish he rests in peace.

What I do know is, Pakistan's policy in Afghanistan DID NOT make Pakistan a better place, looking at current situation. That's my personal observation that some of you may disagree with.

While Iran was busy backing Northern Alliance child molesters and murderers he was busy safeguarding Pakistani interests.

You try to target my nationality for asking a question, that's what I call a childish attitude and you certainly can't tease me like that.

Let me make the concept simple, one does not know how everything will end up, but one must always try their level best to do what is right for their country. What is true today may not be true in 10 years, but you can not look 10 years ahead. He was a patriot, a loyal soldier of the Pakistani armed services, and holds a great position in the hearts of many.

Calm down. That's a very simple question, and if you don't like the question, just leave it.

I don't know much about him, that's why I asked about him. I just know he was a head of ISI for some time and an army general.

What I do know is, Pakistan's policy in Afghanistan DID NOT make Pakistan a better place, looking at current situation. That's my personal observation that some of you may disagree.

You try to target my nationality for asking a question, that's what I call a childish attitude and you certainly can't tease me like that.

He was given a piece of the Berlin War by German intelligence for playing his part in the destruction of the Soviets. He has had a profound impact on modern history.

If Soviets had established in Afghanistan most likely engulfed Pakistan in civil war through pressure with India and Iran.

He has kept Pakistan alive.

Yeah, I fight for the Yehoodi Beniya Qadiyani Grey front. We run Pakistan via our control of all Tikka joints and Nihari spots.
please take this argument elsewhere, there is a very pertinent point here, which is he was the head of an Intelligence agency and what he did or did not do will probably be never known to most of us. The army chief paid his respect, and you can do the same and leave your arguments for another thread.

This thread is not for questions and answers. there are a lot of appropriate forums to ask questions, this thread is dedicated in the memory of this Soldier.

What I do know is, Pakistan's policy in Afghanistan DID NOT make Pakistan a better place, looking at current situation. That's my personal observation that some of you may disagree with.

He was given a piece of the Berlin War by German intelligence for playing his part in the destruction of the Soviets. He has had a profound impact on modern history.

If Soviets had established in Afghanistan most likely engulfed Pakistan in civil war through pressure with India and Iran.

He has kept Pakistan alive.
I am not against supporting insurgents who fought with Soviets. You already know that Iran also supported Mujahidin and a presence of Soviets in Afghanistan was not in anyone's interest in region. They literally screwed up the country and turned it in to a black hole.

But the difference is, Iran managed to contain repercussions of supporting Afghan mujahidin to a great extent, most importantly, those fighters never came back to haunt us and the violence didn't spill over to Iran from Afghanistan.

But Pakistan, although doing the right think by supporting the Mujahidin, but it insisted too much on arming fundamentalists that later started targeting Pakistan itself. That's why I say Pakistan's policy in Afghanistan, especially after Soviet withdrawal did not make Pakistan a better place.

Let me make the concept simple, one does not know how everything will end up, but one must always try their level best to do what is right for their country. What is true today may not be true in 10 years, but you can not look 10 years ahead. He was a patriot, a loyal soldier of the Pakistani armed services, and holds a great position in the hearts of many.

Thanks for the explanation. :tup:
As a patriot, he has certainly thought of Pakistan's interests first for whatever he has done, even if the results were not what he expected.

PS: I don't want to derail this thread, just asked a question that some didn't seem to like. So we'll leave it here.

What did he do exactly? Training Afghan mujahidin? Didn't that policy backfire at the end for Pakistan?

Someone please explain why he is popular and what he has done for Pakistan that has made it a "better" country.

Back fired.. yes, but only after Afghanistan was handed over to Iran stooges by US.
He is popular in all world... for consolidating post Russia vacuum in Afghanistan and keeping Pakistan protected.

Waah Waah...

Shah ka wafadar, Shah se bhi zyada??

The highlighted part of your rant should be enough for even the uneducated masses to realize where your loyalties lie. And Benazir for me was and always had been a traitor. AQ Khan leaned that way, but without facts I cannot lay down a final verdict.

Regarding the politcal parties, would you say your very own MQM's militant wing was facilitated through Hamid Gul? I have no problem with MQM's foundation btw.

Yes it was. MQM was propped up by Zia and his pets like Gul to serve up against Bhutto and the PPP's strength in Karachi.
No wonder MQM became thugs and Bhatta Khors.. they had people like Zia and Gul as their fathers. Funny, how you went "yours".. but then terrorist supporters are also racists.

Thanks for the explanation. :tup:
As a patriot, he has certainly thought of Pakistan's interests first for whatever he has done, even if the results were not what he expected..

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

@Hyperion @Oscar

These are the views of another martyr about General someone who knew him lot more closely and knew very well the circumstances around generals decisions unlike some keypad warriors whose only source of information is internet where anybody can write anything.

Sure, if someone was my mentor and also taught me to use terrorism and death of innocents as a tool for my means.. I will miss him and support him. Since you too believe in killing women and children, beating them in public and everything else the Taliban and all of Mr Guls "Children" believe in..so your support is natural too.

@Oscar
man we didn' start Afghan war.. Soviets entered on call of Local commuinists...now in wr rand chaos, truth and morality are first victims.. its not because of mal-intention but because its impossible to control war variables... Taliban, tribes cutoms are not islamic.. WHen holy Prophet SW sentenced death on hearing music or beaten people for not having beard... General H.Gull supported taliban against soviets not for torturing people..he said that he told several times to taliban not to refrain girls from schooling, but Taliban didn't allow as per customs.. Itwas not islamic nor Hameed Gulll call...

COAS General Raheel sharif offering nameze Janaza of Lt General retired Hamid Gul at Army graveyard Rawalpindi.
image_resize.aspx-2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom