What's new

Debate / Ideas for solutions to Pakistan's economic problems

@HRK @jamahir @xeuss @jaibi @vishwambhar @Joe Shearer
post #115
so basically,

Just gilgit produces 150k tonnes of apricot. All is produced naturally with no human input. Even animals get tired eating it.
We have some exotic gluten free seeds.
We need to export dried foods like Philippines mango, Indian mango, Turkish apricot.
Pakistan is sixth largest apricot producer but still imports apricot as nobody preserve apricot and it gets wasted.
and he mentions I think about exotic berries... here are some pictures..
I think we should learn mango drying from Indians.. I can't find Karl Rock video about aam papar etc
Also, Persian berries bar is also a novelty, which we can adopt.

The Brahmin meat. I wish we can cultivate and then export it to Gulf, citing that it will improve their image about renewability/ecofriendliness etc..

7. Pakistan is sixth largest apricot producer but still imports apricot as nobody preserve apricot and it gets wasted.

In Pakistan do you have 'Qubani ka meetha' ?

Vegetable meat

Nice vid.

The vid says jackfruit doesn't need input of much water and chemicals. I wonder if it can be the "meat" for near-future Mars colonies other than lab-grown real meat.

1. Just gilgit produces 150k tonnes of apricot. All is produced naturally with no human input.
2. Gilgit is tax free zone but people pay taxes even if the company is registered there but operates beyond gilgit boundary.
3. We need proper paper work so that we can make a) scientific method to standardise it b) value addition.
4. To create economic opportunity for farmers.
5. We have some exotic gluten free seeds.
6. We need to export dried foods like Philippines mango, Indian mango, Turkish apricot.
7. Pakistan is sixth largest apricot producer but still imports apricot as nobody preserve apricot and it gets wasted.
@ghazi52 @Blacklight @Imran Khan @Meengla idhar invest karny ka soch lain... but you need to be there, I guess.

I like that he has all the ideas which i have.. and happy that somebody is actually doing it. :smitten::smitten::smitten:
Worth listening

Go big on organic food. First of all focus on employment generation through skill development. That should be the first step to bigin with. Make Pakistan a hub of organic food, fruit and milk. If a specic thread is oprned on ghis, I can give my input in big numbers.

Go big on organic food. First of all focus on employment generation through skill development. That should be the first step to bigin with. Make Pakistan a hub of organic food, fruit and milk. If a specic thread is oprned on ghis, I can give my input in big numbers.
Technically, I would like to India to export more Asian products. Like coconut products, its oil, its shell bowls, its husk scrubber, etc. Like Indians coupled make edible plates/spoons from grains/pulses. Skim through the thread, I mentioned that.

Also, like trade routes from Culcutta to Kabul then Tehran and Anqara. So economic activity can lift common people status. However, I think it will take another 50 years if we survived Hindu/Muslim rivalry and heat rise.

1. Just gilgit produces 150k tonnes of apricot. All is produced naturally with no human input.
2. Gilgit is tax free zone but people pay taxes even if the company is registered there but operates beyond gilgit boundary.
3. We need proper paper work so that we can make a) scientific method to standardise it b) value addition.
4. To create economic opportunity for farmers.
5. We have some exotic gluten free seeds.
6. We need to export dried foods like Philippines mango, Indian mango, Turkish apricot.
@ghazi52 @Blacklight @Imran Khan @Meengla idhar invest karny ka soch lain... but you need to be there, I guess.

I like that he has all the ideas which i have.. and happy that somebody is actually doing it. :smitten::smitten::smitten:
Worth listening
not only this but more its such a vast topic I don't think any one individual on the forum would justifiably write about it .... only organise institutes could do better job

I can write about it in concise manner just to give basic idea the gist of the issue under discussion .... but I am afraid that too will be very lengthy write up ..... hope If I find some spare time then I might share 'my understanding' on the subject .... but to keep it simple would only post in point wise and summarise manner with related official or unofficial [but reliable] data where possible.

Last edited:
Technically, I would like to India to export more Asian products. Like coconut products, its oil, its shell bowls, its husk scrubber, etc. Like Indians coupled make edible plates/spoons from grains/pulses. Skim through the thread, I mentioned that.

Also, like trade routes from Culcutta to Kabul then Tehran and Anqara. So economic activity can lift common people status. However, I think it will take another 50 years if we survived Hindu/Muslim rivalry and heat rise.

A great Idea. First of all, subcontinent should produce quality food in abandunce and make it available to its masses. A brand for organic food should be created.

I had once read in local newspaper that India and Pakistan both alone can fulfill the food requirements of whole Asia that is production capacity of food, vegetables and fruits in this both countries.... Is this true?

I had once read in local newspaper that India and Pakistan both alone can fulfill the food requirements of whole Asia that is production capacity of food, vegetables and fruits in this both countries.... Is this true?
India stores 3 times of its population needs and rest, it exports or don;t buy it all from farmers. So basically, Indian govt has grains for 3 billion people. Shekar Gupta/Akash benerjee both had programs on it

Last edited:

Why? If India alone can produce 3 times more than the population requirements then together India and Pakistan easily can fulfill the food requirements of entire continent.....

I think India and Pakistan both are the most fertile lands of Asia..... imagine Indo Pak today with half of a size of their population today..... we would be a food powerhouse of entire globe..... let alone Asia....

Why? If India alone can produce 3 times more than the population requirements then together India and Pakistan easily can fulfill the food requirements of entire continent.....

I think India and Pakistan both are the most fertile lands of Asia..... imagine Indo Pak today with half of a size of their population today..... we would be a food powerhouse of entire globe..... let alone Asia....
Do u have any data to support your claim that india can produce three times its population? As per your claim india can feed 5 billion people ? This is wired claim. India and pakistan both have water shortages and already at almost full capacity

Back
Top Bottom