What's new

Dawood sitting pretty in Karachi

Flintlock

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Dawood sitting pretty in Karachi
4 Dec 2008, 0123 hrs IST, S Balakrishnan, TNN:

MUMBAI: Even as India seeks Dawood Ibrahim's extradition yet again, the don is ensconced safely in his plush bungalow in Karachi.

Security agency sources told TOI on Wednesday that it's business as usual for the underworld kingpin. A few days ago, a couple of his relatives, including Salim Ansari, flew to Pakistan (using their valid Indian passports) to meet him. Sources said the don was so confident that he would not be touched by the Pakistani establishment that he had made no changes in his daily routine.

He continues to phone his contacts in Mumbai
. Recently, a contact who fronts for him in the real estate business reportedly sent Rs 120 crore via hawala, sources in the government stated. The hawala channel between Mumbai and Karachi remains busy.

Indian security agencies are keeping close tabs on Dawood's movements, as are their counterparts in the US intelligence establishment. It's on the basis of detailed inputs from them that India maintains that Dawood Ibrahim is in Pakistan. But central agencies question why the Maharashtra government has not taken any action against the D-company here.

"What's the point of asking Islamabad to hand over Dawood when we're not doing anything to destroy his empire in Mumbai and other places in India?" a senior official asked.

Mohammed Ali, who holds sway in the docks and is a key member of the Dawood Ibrahim network, continues to operate with impunity. Even after the November 26 terror attacks, his smuggling racket remains unchecked. Despite strong indications that it provided logistical assistance to the attackers, the police insist there was no local support. At the same time, they do not rule out Dawood Ibrahim's involvement.

Meanwhile, security agencies are hoping the US will move on Lashkar-e-Taiba leaders, including Abu Hamza and Hafeez Syed. An email sent to a TV channel was traced to an LeT hideout near Muridke in Pakistan's Punjab province. The phone intercepts of the LeT terrorists who executed the Mumbai massacre also reveal their links to Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Dawood sitting pretty in Karachi-India-The Times of India

But central agencies question why the Maharashtra government has not taken any action against the D-company here.
Yes that is the central question isn't it.

When a simple journalist knows that he is 'sitting pretty in his plush (now how does he know whether its plush or not) bungalow in Karachi', why is his network still allowed to flourish in India?

Yes that is the central question isn't it.

When a simple journalist knows that he is 'sitting pretty in his plush (now how does he know whether its plush or not) bungalow in Karachi', why is his network still allowed to flourish in India?

Besides the point. There are legal issues, court cases, etc.

However, you have a wanted man, both by India and internationally by the Interpol happily enjoying the good life and mingling with Karachi's and Pakistan's elite.

What is preventing the Pakistani authorities from arresting him?

Ans:
1. He hates India and they love him for that.
2. He's got friends in high places.
3. He's got cash - lots of cash.

He's not there, or he's underground (i.e we do not know whether he is in Pakistan or not), which is what my tongue in cheek comment about a simple journalist knowing about his 'sitting pretty in a plush bungalow' was about.

Besides the point. There are legal issues, court cases, etc.

However, you have a wanted man, both by India and internationally by the Interpol happily enjoying the good life and mingling with Karachi's and Pakistan's elite.

Ans:
1. He hates India and they love him for that.
2. He's got friends in high places.
3. He's got cash - lots of cash.
i hate india but i don,t support terrosists acts.
IF he is in karachi try to come and catch him if you have balls:oops:

Then crack down on his network in Maharashtra - Destroy D-company instead of making movies on it.

Dawood is a sitting duck in Karachi if he has no contacts or influence in India , destroy the remote control to stop the Car.

Then crack down on his network in Maharashtra - Destroy D-company instead of making movies on it.

Dawood is a sitting duck in Karachi if he has no contacts or influence in India , destroy the remote control to stop the Car.

Problem is, many of our corrupt and traitor maharastra politicians are hand in glove with him.

to add to that , they will keep saying "catch Dawood" , "kill Dawood" . If there was only an Iota of Political will then we would have fed some fidayeen in Pakistan to blow up near his house @ night , take out every single operative which is loitering mumbai.

What angers me even more is that when there is a terror attack , these politicians ask for Dawoods head and the crazy public and media houses catch on with that hype and excuse themselves saying that Dawood is in Pak so we can't do anything so lets just sit on our ***** again and wait for public to forget.

When this activity was at it's peak , the mumbai police did a credible job of eliminating these gangs but later on their hands were tied by Politicians . I keep repeating this but just can't help it.

Pehle Apna Gandh saaf karte hein

to add to that , they will keep saying "catch Dawood" , "kill Dawood" . If there was only an Iota of Political will then we would have fed some fidayeen in Pakistan to blow up near his house @ night , take out every single operative which is loitering mumbai.

What angers me even more is that when there is a terror attack , these politicians ask for Dawoods head and the crazy public and media houses catch on with that hype and excuse themselves saying that Dawood is in Pak so we can't do anything so lets just sit on our ***** again and wait for public to forget.

When this activity was at it's peak , the mumbai police did a credible job of eliminating these gangs but later on their hands were tied by Politicians . I keep repeating this but just can't help it.

Pehle Apna Gandh saaf karte hein

Well I think we've seen the sparks of a politically active middle-class in the shadow of the Taj Mahal hotel.

I hope this is a new phase in the history of our democracy - a phase in which influential citizens use the mass media effectively to pressure politicians into acting in the country's interest for a change, rather than their own.

Definitely corrupt Politicians are the India's number one enemy. I think this is widely believed in other South-Asian countries as well.

In Pakistan as well, there are many influential political figures involved in the drugs trade and smuggling that funds criminals and the Taliban.

There is a clear and present danger to the nation from activities such as these, yet we cannot act to stop them.

Its good that you people answered the question by yourselves in the subsequent posts and it reflects appreciable pragmatism on your part.

If there was only an Iota of Political will then we would have fed some fidayeen in Pakistan to blow up near his house @ night

Only if this sentece was uttered by a Pakistani on this forum against India, you would have latched onto it to level all sorts of allegations and condemned it in the severest possible way and few Pakistanis like me would also have jumped in, but its amazing how Indian members on this forum are openly toying with this pernicious idea which has the potential to claim innocent lives and would amount to sponsoring of terrorism by India inside Pakistan. :tsk:
Please refrain from it or the resulting conflagration will consume all and sundry in this region. It makes you no different from the likes of savages and brutal criminals against which we need to unite. Violence only breeds violence and let me assure you that you are not doing your country a favor by unnecessarily jumping into this bandwagon of WOT, thinking that it will benefit you by any means in engaging Pakistan. My prescience tells me, your politicians are hell bent on doing just that and mumbai incident has helped them gather the requisite support from educated middle class which was the only hurdle in joining this war as they wanted peace and prosperity. I am afraid they have fallen for the trap.

Last edited:
Just an after thought, is there a single picture of Dawood Ibrahim in Karachi... EVER?

Dawood is not an innocent civilian like the ones who just died the most horrific death in Peashwar , Dawood is the perpetrators of such crimes , the mumbai serial blasts of 1993 a stark reminder.

Frankly, if a Pakistani had uttered the same thing about the likes Of amar Singh or raj Thackrey or I would totally welcome it , we need to get rid of such scum of the earth . Hiding such criminals because they commit crimes against another country is a crime in itself.

Dawood is not a normal person , he's a killer of the highest order who has to be eliminated , not sentenced in Jail cells.

Back
Top Bottom