What's new

Dawn: an anti-Pakistan newspaper ?

then*

And again because of your infidelity my eyes are committing sin and kufr by reading your infidel English typing; you infidel !!.....Address me in Arabic you al-moron !!
Al-moron:rofl: that's new and perfect for a hypocrite you engaging with:cheesy:

Guys plz dont fight here. Lets stick to topic.its an engaging one.

Nahi nahi yey baat nai hai. Woh in introduction forum i had a thread ,'so i was asking an 'apparently' friendly memeber akheilos where are you can we talk,as i cant open my own threads and i had wanted to discuss an article, someother memeber came and wrote she that is akheilos is hibernating ,which is a normal comment, so i wrote not hibernating, its aestivation, aestivation is summer sleep ,opposite of hiberntion which is winters sleep.whats offensive in this. But maybe akheilos got offended and reported me and my thread got locked and i recieved warning for trolling from irfan baloch and that its a 3 strike system ,this warning is first strike then iwill be banned. Was that something offensive?? I wrote in normal sense. i mean who on earth will ever get offended on such thing???atleast educate yourselves on meaning of words.
There are lot of patriotic pakistanis here and thats why i came here. And if just cuz someone is a new member has to be given warnings over stupid stuff then it just means new ppl arent welcome.
And someone recently had opened a thread on emotional quotient. Duh.

@MastanKhan bahii @Color_Less_Sky bahi, aur kon hai han 45' 22 and some more ppl, may ban ho gayi tau aap logon ko miss karoon gee aur may bhoot ban kay proxy use kar kay multi ban kay nai aaoon gee. But iwil remember you guys.
Aur kon kon hai jo yaad aey ga,abhi tau nicks bhi nahi yaad arahay.

Dil pay mat lo Appa, it happens, I had some serious abusive exchanges with Mastan Khan himself, Oscar (I even reported in posting rating review board), Juungibaz and once I replied to Irfan as well. They did not issue me warnings and I commend them for that as they held the position but refrained from using it for their personal advantage or satisfaction.

Their role requires them to be neutral and look after others and they have to act when someone reports someone. :enjoy:

then*

And again because of your infidelity my eyes are committing sin and kufr by reading your infidel English typing; you infidel !!.....Address me in Arabic you al-moron !!

Reported for trolling (hate and cheap shots at other member of this forum). Get well soon.

Dil pay mat lo Appa, it happens, I had some serious abusive exchanges with Mastan Khan himself, Oscar (I even reported in posting rating review board), Juungibaz and once I replied to Irfan as well. They did not issue me warnings and I commend them for that as they held the position but refrained from using it for their personal advantage or satisfaction.

Their role requires them to be neutral and look after others and they have to act when someone reports someone. :enjoy:

Tch. You fail to see the point here. If its something abusive then you react. You dont react to stuff which is forget abusive ,is extremely irrelevant and kiddish. You cant go on showing this attitude kay kuch nai hota. this sort of attitude discourages ppl. Even i had reported an indians post who was using a very inappropriate word for me but just cuz i amnew nothing was done. So if a senior member reports a ridiculous report ,it doesnt mean you have To DEFINITELY taken an action just cuz it was report, even if post has zero percent offensie content. Common tell me whats wrong in what i wrote. One cant just brush off kay choro. NO. it acts as a deterrant. The kind of post i got warned on, i keep wondering its like you dont even know what thingis going to earn u a warning or ban, its more like i am going to type, 'hi' and i am going to get banned for that.
No i dont agree with your comment not even ,001 pc.
Unless you want to send away member from the forum there is no point in such reaction. I mean i am so shocked. I dont even may kya post karun, i get this feeling now that every next post of mine will fetch infractions.
And i am surprised at such immature ppl who report such posts.
Acha khair i know you think differently just leave this topic.

And also that i am not here for trolling and its very easy to see in my posts how i am quie respectful to ppl,not cuz i am so obliged but because this is what i was taught

Thats a normal thing. the issue is with all media world they just tend to be more of Anti or Devils Advocates. If Dawn needs to be banned then so should all of em. I remember time when only ptv was aired the time of hope and faith in Pakistan was way good.

None of the media houses are anti-Pakistani. They are just misguided.

Too many people with different ideas to make headlines. The government can ban youtube but can't bring their own news companies under line.

All that is required is not to question, sensationalize or outright fabricate anything to do with national security issues and diplomatic relations with other nations. Everything else is fair game.

I have seen news channels spend a whole day telling a complete lie to bring in viewers then pulling it from the news the next day. I don't know what other country tolerates this.

Terrorism laws should extend to news companies.

I bet more Indians read Dawn than Pakistanis which I am guessing by sheer number of comments by Indian readers. Hence the skewed news articles which are liberal in tone to cater to their Indian audience.

I was hooked to Dawn for a while after their expose on Kargil.

Hi,

It takes a little time for new members to adjust and it also takes awhile for the mods to adjust to your style of writing.

Nowadays dawn is pushing hard against the capital punishment. Everyday it is printing an article againat the hangings of criminals. It has become a springboard for terrorist lovers.

I bet more Indians read Dawn than Pakistanis which I am guessing by sheer number of comments by Indian readers. Hence the skewed news articles which are liberal in tone to cater to their Indian audience.

I was hooked to Dawn for a while after their expose on Kargil.

Nope,

upload_2015-4-6_12-32-8.png

dawn.com Site Overview

Nowadays dawn is pushing hard against the capital punishment. Everyday it is printing an article againat the hangings of criminals. It has become a springboard for terrorist lovers.

Nothing new sir, a log of their activities and opinions they carry at different times should be maintained, a law formulated to monitor actions, speeches and writings against interests of State. What happened before Lal Masjid and after Lal Masjid is a classic example of how this media just worries about their sales. I would not doubt how much they would be missing suicide bombings these days.

Even Indian media use to criticize India and praise China many time. But we cant say that they are anti indian. It is about how you look. Do you want to improve or just want to be a day dreamer?

From the article I would call Dawn more as free speech than as anti national, even if shows certain establishments in less than positive light, including the army.

If this is considered an example of an anti national then we have much more "anti national" publications in India, which we give space to respecting the freedom of speech and differing viewpoints. I have read editorials in mainstream print media, critical of India, as well as editorials in praise of Pakistan and China in the past.

However, since the last few years since India has outgrown Pakistan, and thanks to Pakistan's inner turmoil and economic stagnation, it's mostly praising certain aspects of China, and Pakistan not so much.

In the end, mostly all media generates paid news, partial to the pay master, and very few media pieces are unbiased or neutral, adhering to the principles of honest journalistic reporting. Be it the media of any country, India, U.S., China or Pakistan.

For the warning part I don't know what you wrote that attracted it, but if it helps just be yourself Appa and this forum is not the last thing.

Regarding rest of your post I would never expect a money making business to promote patriotism and start public service free of cost, not especially in current times. What I don't understand is idiocy of our people, when you don't like something don't use it "Meer Jaffar" and "Meer Sadiq" are nothing new for us.

And laws of this country are joke as much as law enforcement agency (Police) are.
This is exactly the mindset which might fail us. See wherelse in world media is so bold that it speaks so loudly against state. and its not state basically. Basically anti army and anti isi. See no doubt musharraf was the worst animal in pak's history who brought an external war upon us. I dont consider it our war. And he was a dark age in pakistan's history. Where in world is it happening that media is spewing such poison against state. Making fun of politicians looks etc is one thing that they do, but anti state attitude is another.
look at india,if indian media ever does such thing indian state will hammer them to ground.
We cant say they are mir jaaffars ignore them. Bahi uthain jagain history dekhain mir jaffar nay kya kar diya tha. You cant turn your backs to them. Remember this is how east pakistan was done. Trust me east pakistan itna subjugated bilkiul nahi tha. Itwas all indian propaganda. Same has been done towar 0ds balochistan. Agar hum ignore kar dain then we shouldnt complain about the rukus in balochistan. That is media does pays its role in creating miscreancy and dawn is doing it. if one doesnt want to stop it then one shouldn.t complain about incidents happening in country.
This is media war age.
All pakistan needs to do is launch a good healthy quality newspaper and channel. Which doesnt go panting pakistan as a heaven. But instesd shows its ills and its bright sides. Does a realistic analysis. Educates people, inform them of their country's resources, increase positive patriotism,bring nation closer, teach good moral values. Above all good goood quality work. Pakistanis want such stuff and they want altenative to bathroom rags like dawns but absence of good newspapers takes them there.
Dont forget you want success than first thing that you should lear to do is deliver quality work, when quality ia good lil quantity is mammoth.
And most importantly dont ignore these things, we have a painful past behind us we dont want a repeat. put all these media houses on hook. These traitors are biggest cowards and no matter how loud they yap yap from editorial desks once you nail them they cry and wail like mice stuck in traps. Bloody cowards.

Dawn is a glaring example of a media house desperate to attract western attention. I believe DAWN was the first to launch an English language news channel, which failed miserably.

its a decent newspaper with liberal views... hindu is only newspaper that comes close to dawn.. (but they have open left wing bias)

It is very upsetting to see people trying to discredit media prestigious outlets like Dawn and Jang. This criticism seems to be increasing for no apparent reason. Criticism for the sake of criticism will not help anyone. We may have issues with the editorial decisions of these media outlets but calling Dawn anti-Pakistani and Jang/Geo traitors is unfair. These have been around for too long to be taking sides, they are mature, responsible media outlets that have the responsibility of not only setting an example for the new media outlets and personnel but also reporting the facts properly.
Over the years these two media outlets have held the important role as the voice of the people; and guiding, advicing and sometimes criticising policies of the rulers. Everyone who is anyone turns to these two media outlets since their words carries weight.
If Dawn is discussing military courts and pointing out some points, that does not mean it is anti-Army or Pakistan, it is simply doing its job as guide and advisor. Journalists have their hands on the pulse of the nation and privy to a myriad of opinions and this is what they based their opinions, criticisms and debates on. These are only to help not hamper the overall situation.
If media was dangerous, do you think the Founder of Pakistan would have established Dawn? Do you think if newspapers/media were traitors, rulers in the past would have heeded advice in Jang newspaper? All educated people are aware of the importance of mature media houses like Dawn and Jang and the mature thinkers and analysts that they breed. Calling them traitors and anti-Pakistan and anti-Army is shameful and degrading and must be stopped.

Back
Top Bottom