What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dassault_Rafale_by_AndrewDro.png

OK Seriously -- How many Guesses that French charged a huge amount of money for upgrades of Mirage so that they can lower Rafale's price per unit !!

Suddenly French stubborness makes sense !!!

What's your opinion ?

Either way - its bliss !! French Beauties !!

Think about the claims about HAL building a new facility just to upgrade Mirage 2000s, which didn't make sense at all unless,...

...these would be used for the licence production of Rafale too! It eases HALs logistics, several principles of the production should be similar anyway, since Rafale was based on the Mirage 2000 development and experience. Samtel will benefit a lot from both as well, since they should get the biggest offset parts next to HAL.

Bl[i]tZ;2547033 said:
Guys, the $1.23 billion 500 air-to-air MICA missiles deal for the Mirage-2000's on Jan 4 this year are also the primary air-to-air weapon of Rafale till MBDA Meteor comes in 2013/14.

Now that deal makes more sense.

Doubtful, 500 MICAs for 51 Mirage 2000-5s aren't that much, since each of them carries 5 to 6 MICAs at any mission, so there will be only a few left for reserve.

On paper, the Eurofighter is better.

I really hope that cost was not the only factor while picking Rafale over EF.

One of the sources said France's Rafale jet was the likely winner, adding that the defence ministry was now considering buying another 80 or so jets and could invite bidders excluded from the current process to take part.

There are currently 111 users browsing this thread. (24 members and 87 guests)

But would Rafale be upgraded with thrust vectoring?? and what would be the cost per unit after this up-gradation?

hmm how many times i need to change the side.... Jai Rafale... [hope MOD wont change its decision]

Nice to hear. The EFT was expensive, hard to obtain supplies for (with four countries building it and no commonality with Mirage 2000), and not to mention ugly. Rafale wasn't my first choice here, but it's a hell of a lot better than the EFT.

rafaleiafhr.jpg

Livefist: Disappointed, But It Ain't Over: Eurofighter

Eurofighter Statement: India took the decision to select our competitor as the preferred bidder in the Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) tender. Although this is not yet a contract signature and contract negotiations are still ahead, we are disappointed. However, we respect the decision of the Indian MoD. With the Eurofighter Typhoon, we offered the Indian Air Force the most modern combat aircraft available. Based on the Indian Government feedback, we will now carefully analyze and evaluate this situation together with our European Partner Companies and their respective Governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom