Empty weight: 9,500 kg
Loaded weight: 14,016 kg
Max. takeoff weight: 24,500 kg
Powerplant: 2 × Snecma M88-2 turbofans
Dry thrust: 50.04 kN (11,250 lbf) each
Thrust with afterburner: 75.62 kN (17,000 lbf) each
Fuel capacity: 4,700 kg (10,000 lb) internal
Payload:9,500 kg
Thrust/weight: 1.10 (100% fuel, 2 EM A2A missile, 2 IR A2A missile)

Eurofighter Typhoon

Empty weight: 11,150 kg
Loaded weight: 16,000 kg
Max. takeoff weight: 23,500 kg
Powerplant: 2 × Eurojet EJ200 afterburning turbofan
Dry thrust: 60 kN (13,000 lbf) each
Thrust with afterburner: 89 kN (20,000 lbf) each
Fuel capacity: 4,500 kg (9,900 lb) internal
Thrust/weight: 1.15(clean)
Payload:7,500 kg

so you can see a TOW of Dassault Rafale 1.10 (100% fuel, 2 EM A2A missile, 2 IR A2A missile) is much better than 1.15 (clean ) of Eurofighter Typhoon

Dassault Rafale is

1.Lighter(so a 75.62 kN engine is enough) but have more Max. takeoff weight than Typhoon.
2.Carry more fuel.
3.Carry more payload
4. Dassault Rafale has a 30mm gun as to 27 mm of Eurofighter Typhoon.

Where you get the sum of $3.9bn for the Mirage upgrade?

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

You know missiles and other goodies is always additional costs

here it is:-

Taking into account $1 billion for new weapons and another $500 million for new facilities at Bangalore-based Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the upgrade, the cost could rise to $3.9 billion, the officials said.

Defence brass split over French Mirage upgrade deal - The Economic Times

Yes I know that. please check my last few posts, thats why I said IAF may now buy 80 Mig35 for around $4.5bn with loaded with missiles also for price of $55mil each, while India signed deal for 29 Mig29k for just $40mil each in 2010, if I remember :tup:

Sancho - Amen to that !!

I just hope that we get lots of benefit from France for our own LCA. We will be needing every ounce of it. Also hope that Kaveri fructifies !!

It will be interesting to see if there is any MKI'zation of Rafale. Especially in terms of integrating our own homegrown missiles OR Python likewise. Also i hope MoD can arm twist France into incorporating a HMS for Rafale - that i believe is a Rafale disadvantage.

Python V will not come, because the combination of SPECTRA, FSO and MICA IR gives a huge advantage in A2A combats, especially in BVR. Maybe IAF will reject the Damocles pod and integrate the Litening instead, which it already uses on most types in the fleet. Another Israeli part that could be added is the SPICE PGM and a good hint for this will be the selection of IAF for a new PGM for the upgraded M2Ks in the 500 & 1000Kg class. Sagem has proposed AASM, while Rafael has proposed SPICE and Greece evaluated the same and prefered the Israeli versions. So IF IAF also prefers SPICE, they might add it to Rafale as well.

HMS will come for sure, because it was offered in all competitions the only question is, will it be the Topsight varient that Samtel already produces or will there be a new development. The French prefered another Helmet, but didn't wanted to fund the development so far.

mirage deal:4.5 billion dollars
rafale deal:15 billion +
also Submarine deals

french have got more than enough, nearly 25 billion dollar arms deals

here it is:-

Yes I know that. thats why I said IAF may now buy 80 Mig35 for $4.5bn with loaded with missiles also for price of $55mil each, while India signed deal for 29 Mig29k for just $40mil each in 2010, if I remember :tup:

That can also be factored in for the MRCA on why the price was high for the upgrade but 30% of the cost will be put back to Indian companies.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

mirage deal:4.5 billion dollars
rafale deal:15 billion +
also Submarine deals

french have got more than enough, nearly 25 billion dollar arms deals

Not to forget the Nuke deal

sancho must be the happiest person around here...

I told him, if IAF didnt buy Mig35 but still wants to go for MMRCA then it means for Rafale only. IAF was even considering Mirage2000-5 mk2 only for MMRCA till 2007, so if they didnt buy Mig35 then if they could afford to pay twice price than Mig35 then it must be Rafale only. Ask Sancho I told him how IAF think :coffee:

You should have taken the Eurofighter. The french plane will probably auto-surrender on sight of a powerful enemy plane ;)

We would have thrown in extending warranty and everything... ;(

/joke

these mofos had looted all of us for so many years and now talking ****..

Funny thing is that countries like France, Sweden give aid also but they don't cry about it like the Brits.

The Queen still has our Koor-I-Noor Diamond looting english will never change.

I don't think Cost Factor as being the major fact of selection comes into play. It is indeed a political decision. I hope for a better future of Rafale in IAF with the best upgrades available.

India need to buy some U-boot now.

Political? Not at all, if politics had played a role we would have gone with a US fighter or now with the EF and I'm very happy that this wasn't the case!

sancho must be the happiest person around here...

Not sure if I am the happiest, but I am happy for sure that IAF gets the best fighter that fits to their requirements and to IAF fleet. That was always the main reason why I supported Rafale!

I told him, if IAF didnt buy Mig35 but still wants to go for MMRCA then it means for Rafale only. IAF was even considering Mirage2000-5 mk2 only for MMRCA till 2007, so if they didnt buy Mig35 then if they could afford to pay twice price than Mig35 then it must be Rafale only. Ask Sancho I told him how IAF think :coffee:

Yes you said so, but that doesn't mean you reasons are correct, because the Mig (no matter if 29 SMT nor 35) was never a real choice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom