What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought MKI can take on Typhoon?

it can buddy but MKI bit 'inch' behind Typhoon. Indian airforce knows better then me. MKI lack after burner and the climbing rate and turning speed of Typhoon. Both are best jet fighters but Typhoon has the edge over MKI. If PDF would make this forum with file upload option then i can upload the latest typhoon video in which its cutting the wind like knife cutting the butter. Typhoon and rafale both best jet fighters. i wish the news of Tyhoon the front runner is true. i will give party to my colony friends lol.

it can buddy but MKI bit 'inch' behind Typhoon. Indian airforce knows better then me. MKI lack after burner and the climbing rate and turning speed of Typhoon. Both are best jet fighters but Typhoon has the edge over MKI. If PDF would make this forum with file upload option then i can upload the latest typhoon video in which its cutting the wind like knife cutting the butter. Typhoon and rafale both best jet fighters. i wish the news of Tyhoon the front runner is true. i will give party to my colony friends lol.

Hey friend.. Why dont you upload to youtube and paste the link here.. would love to see it in action

Eurofighter can certainly win this MRCA competition, but in the end it all boils down to how good it is at serving IAF.

My first post here :-)

here's the link for the video of the EF !
youtube.com/watch?v=JCuG-yvc2bk

For India's single-largest defence deal, SAAB offers 'independent choice'

Inclement weather conditions are set to jeopardise the flight display of a Gripen C fighter aircraft at the Skaraborg Air Force Wing, located near Lidkoping in south central Sweden. Till, the enthusiasm of a rookie pilot of the Swedish Air Force carries the day.

He steps forward, and takes the single-seater machine into the clouds, performs a series of fascinating manoeuvres within a very limited airspace pocket (so that the plane is visible), makes a perfect landing and brings the plane to a halt within 500 metres after touching down, all in a matter of minutes.

The pilot's eagerness to perform is somewhat mirrored in the way the Swedish company SAAB, the manufacturer of the Gripen aircraft, is going about competing for IAF's $10.2 billion (around Rs 48,000 crore) worth tender for 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft.

In race with the US's Boeing and Lockheed Martin, the French d'Assault, European consortium EADS and the Russian MiG for what is touted as India's single-largest defence deal ever, SAAB is positioning its Gripen NG (Next Generation) aircraft as an "independent choice" that will offer the IAF a product suited for its needs with enough room for customisation.

"Swedish support provides an 'independent image' given our non-aligned past," SAAB's Deputy Director Jonas Harma says. "What we bring to the table is the freedom of choice. We believe that we have the product. We are not telling the customers what weapons they need to take with the aircraft," says Eddy de la Motte, SAAB's Director India.

The Gripen NG, which will be ready by the end of 2010, is billed as a multi-role combat aircraft that can perform an array of air-to-air and air-to-surface operations, ensuring flight safety and low operating costs at the same time. It is currently under a variety of evaluations and trials at Malmen Air Base in Linkoping.

The Phase I and Phase III trials for the Gripen IN have already been conducted in Sweden with two IAF pilots having flown the Gripen planes in Sweden. The critical Phase II Flight Evaluation Tests, that will involve flying in extreme weather conditions in India, will begin sometime mid-March and continue for a fortnight.

The Machine

With a length of 14.1 metres and a wingspan of 8.6 metres, the Gripen IN, the customised Indian version of the Gripen NG, will boast of a thrust of 10 tonnes and a carrying capacity of 6.5 tonnes of payload and 7 tonnes of fuel. With a super-cruise capability (the ability to fly supersonic without using the afterburner, thus enabling fuel savings and range enhancement) of more than 1.2 Mach, the Gripen IN will also offer manoeuvrability up to 9 G.

Having a maximum flying range of more than 4,000 km, the Gripen IN is being billed as a fighter plane that will require less than 500 metres of landing space, less than an hour for its engine replacement and less than 10 minutes of turnaround time. Most importantly, its cost per flight hour has been estimated to be less than $3,000, thus making it a very cost-effective proposition.

Adding to the plane's capabilities will be second-generation Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar, the Integrated Electronic Warfare System, the Missile Approach Warner, data links and latest generation weapons from all over the world.

(The writer visited Sweden as part of a media group hosted by SAAB)

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

a new article ...have a go...
NATO Fighter Plane War Games Turn to a Eurofighter Sales Pitch - NATO Warplanes and India Fighter Bids - Popular Mechanics
When there is more than $10 billion in weapons sales at stake, marketing can trump diplomacy during NATO air combat training.

NATO pilots routinely participate in war games with its members, during which flights of "red team" airplanes play the opposition and square off against NATO pilots in realistic encounters. Recently, a squadron of pilots of the Spanish air force flew Eurofighter Typhoons, a multirole airplane with good dogfighting abilities, in mock combat against U.S. Air Force F-15s in the skies around ***** Air Base, Gran Canaria.

The engagements, judging by a press release issued by Eurofighter, did not go well for the Americans. The Typhoons tore into a formation of eight F-15s playing the role of the attacker.

One Typhoon shot down—that is, by the rules of the game, was able to target and lock onto—four F-15 fighter jets. Another Typhoon disabled three F-15 jets during the exercise.

"Eurofighters involved in a dogfight simulation against the F-15s enjoyed full control of the engagement," the release says. "Trump that."

That's some undiplomatic trash talk. But some serious money may be motivating the European NATO members to be disparaging. The crowing from Eurofighter (which is run by a consortium of the German-Italian-U.K.-Spanish governments) is not aimed at the United States, but at India. Eurofighter's Typhoon is considered a leading contender in a $10.4 billion contract to sell 126 warplanes to India.
Beating a storied airplane during training exercises is a nice advertisement—one that the Eurofighter marketing team obviously could not help but trumpet.

The contest for the Indian contract will be tight. One of the Typhoon's competitors is the F/A-18 Superhornet, a more modern and capable warplane than the F-15. The Superhornet, made by Boeing, is involved in other international sales fights, including an imminent warplane contract for Japan, against Eurofighter's Typhoon.

But it's not only about capabilities. The U.S. government is reluctant to export some of its defense technology to other nations, a fact that complicates U.S. defense firms' sales pitches. The best dogfighter in existence today is likely the F-22 Raptor, but the cost and restrictive U.S. export laws make the stealth warplane prohibitive to international customers. On the European side, a lingering argument about the design of advanced radar in the Typhoon might be seen as a hindrance to a big sale. But most nations would choose to tackle a technical problem over a diplomatic one. Engineers are able solve problems quicker than politicians and diplomats.

Arey what about its ground attack capabilities, I want this MMRCA fighter to be like one, that we don't have to bark to convince ours in better. lol just kidding that happens most of the time everywhere.

What missile package comes with it?

And when you buy a fighter jet, does refill comes with it like a pen. Oh i mean does it come with free missiles and weapon systems? Please reply soon as I have to go for a smoke.

How these F**kers know that EF is leading when we Indians don't know this?

Our media sleeping or what? WTF is this non-sense? Please enlighten me.

If EF wins the contract,it will get the price further more down.
Advanced technology compared to what US/Russia/Sweden is offering but at a marginal price and with lot of controllability.Prone to sanctions and iron sterings.

How these F**kers know that EF is leading when we Indians don't know this?

Our media sleeping or what? WTF is this non-sense? Please enlighten me.

Its all posturing. Going by the record of GOI decisions on this , the final call is still 9-12 months away. My money is on Mig 35 or F 18 SA though

If EF wins the contract,it will get the price further more down.
Advanced technology compared to what US/Russia/Sweden is offering but at a marginal price and with lot of controllability.Prone to sanctions and iron sterings.
Nearly all reports say it is to most expensive fighter in the competition, but the question will be is he worth the cost?
For a nation that search for a new air superiority fighter with latest radar, avionics and A2A weapons it would, no doubt about it. That's why it is a good choice for Saudi Arabia and maybe even for Japan, if they don't go for 5. gen fighters.
But for a nation like India, where multi role capabilities are important and similar A2A capabilities are already in the air force (also 5.gen fighters under development), the lack of capabilities will make such costs not worth it.

Does anybody know when the A2G trials will be and who will be first?

If I'm not wrong the Mig 35 and one of the US fighters were ready to come to India for it, the others will held them in the vendor countries right?

Russia optimistic about MIG-35`s victory in IAF tender

Moscow: Russia today expressed optimism that the MiG-35 fighter jets fielded by it in the Indian Air Force's tender for acquisition of 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) will prove an edge over its Western rivals and ultimately win the contract.

"We hope that our aircraft would be the winner," chief of Rosoboronexport (ROE), Russia's sole state intermediary agency for export-import of defence related technologies and services, Anatoly Isaikin said.

"Russia is competing with top aircraft manufacturers of the US and Europe. Such tenders are carried out in several stages and takes time. We are in the middle and so far, no one has dropped out," he said.

Isaikin said MiG-35 is an air superiority fighter capable of taking on the current fourth and prospective fifth generation combat aircraft.

"From the point of view of technological inputs it is virtually a fifth generation fighter, unmatched by any of the European fighters," he said.

ROE has fielded the MiG-35 fighter jets developed by RAC MiG against American rivals F-16 of Lockheed Martin and F/A-18 of Boeing, France's Rafale, Swedish JAS-39 Gripen (SAAB) and European Eurofighter Typhoon (EADS).

ROE's exports in 2009 amounted to USD 7.4 billion of which over 50 per cent were related to fighter aircraft, Isaikin told a press conference here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom