What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK since i sense some conflict on which fighter was safer for future i have a silly solution.

You can turn it the other way around too and look at the projected end of the production lines, without additional orders.

The Mig production line is only running for Mig 29Ks and SMTs, not even Russia has ordered Mig 35s (just added a minor order for SMTs to keep the production line open and Egypt is not looking for Mig 35s, but Mi 35 helicopters, news reports confused that) and even the 2016 date is just an estimate.
The F18SH, F16 and F15 production lines are about to end around 2018, same goes for the EF, since the T3B orders of the partners will be cancelled and today most of the partners are trying to divert their T3A orders to other countries, which means no additional EF in numbers.
Gripen C/D production is closed, the E/F will start only by 2018.
Rafale has got 180 confirmed orders and the government decision to limit the fighter fleet to 225, so the production will go on well over 2020.

So the only 2 fighters today with a prospect of a long production and operational time and therefor with the potential of upgraded batches are the Rafale and the Gripen E/F. Any of the other fighters are dependent on what upgrades will be funded by the main operators in future.

Add pakfa too

Sukhoi PAK-FA/HAL FGFA was never a part of MMRCA and did not match requirements if I add other options
then it'll have to contain PAK-FA/FGFA, AMCA, JSF, but also Su-34, Su-35, F-2, F-CK1, J-10, JF-17/FC-1, Saeqeh and Qaher cause they are also probabilities that may manifest if IAF decide to go for em.

KSA's Royal Navy is also interested in the Rafale .. we signed two MOUs

don't mean to be offensive but what will they do with em without a carrier?

Sukhoi PAK-FA/HAL FGFA was never a part of MMRCA and did not match requirements if I add other options
then it'll have to contain PAK-FA/FGFA, AMCA, JSF, but also Su-34, Su-35, F-2, F-CK1, J-10, JF-17/FC-1, Saeqeh and Qaher cause they are also probabilities that may manifest if IAF decide to go for em.

Nothing of an offense. If the deal goes through, the Rafale will be used as a shore-based fighter for the navy.

Many countries operate fighters with carriers, take China as a prime example prior to the introduction of their AC.

The Mig production line is only running for Mig 29Ks and SMTs, not even Russia has ordered Mig 35s (just added a minor order for SMTs to keep the production line open and Egypt is not looking for Mig 35s, but Mi 35 helicopters, news reports confused that) and even the 2016 date is just an estimate.
I got my info here I think DID is pretty dependable, please correct me if I'm wrong.
All Over Again: Egypt Looks Beyond the USA for New Arms

Oh u were talking about only mmrca ?my bad:(

If the deal goes through, the Rafale will be used as a shore-based fighter for the navy.

Which doesn't make any sense, when you have F15s with SLAM-ER, Tornados and soon EFs with Storm Shadows (not to mention that you could simply integrate SLAM-ER to the EFs too). Not even the Saudi Navy would take the Exocet, which means integrating SLAM-ER to Rafale again, but why add a different type of fighter then? Bottom line is, not going to happen unless there is a political importance behind it.

I got my info here I think DID is pretty dependable, please correct me if I'm wrong.
All Over Again: Egypt Looks Beyond the USA for New Arms

The reports simply mixed up the designations, they want Mig 29 fighters and Mi 35 helicopters:

Egypt signs $3 billion deal for Russian fighter jets, attack helicopters - World Tribune | World Tribune

Russia, Egypt Reach Initial $3 Bln Arms Deal – Report | Russia | RIA Novosti

Which doesn't make any sense, when you have F15s with SLAM-ER, Tornados and soon EFs with Storm Shadows (not to mention that you could simply integrate SLAM-ER to the EFs too). Not even the Saudi Navy would take the Exocet, which means integrating SLAM-ER to Rafale again, but why add a different type of fighter then? Bottom line is, not going to happen unless there is a political importance behind it.
yeah thats what occured to me too F-15SA and EFTs should be able to handle the job why increase logistic problems for such a small number the Navy should choose a fighter already employed by the country unless those fighters can't/limitedly do the job?

Coming from someone who's country is the world's largest military importer, this excerise is null and void.
im not saying we cant afford it...but we can't be in haste... afterall money of us indians is hard earned!!

Which doesn't make any sense

By whose standards? You? I don't think you're qualified enough to produce such argument.

when you have F15s with SLAM-ER, Tornados and soon EFs with Storm Shadows (not to mention that you could simply integrate SLAM-ER to the EFs too)

As a matter of fact, the Storm Shadows are now fully operational in the RSAF's arsenal.

Saudi Arabia pushes for Storm Shadow integration with Typhoon

In the next few years, we will pull off the Tornados from the front lines. That's why the DR is being considered.

but why add a different type of fighter then?

It is because the RSNF has an independent Air Arms on its own.

Bottom line is, not going to happen unless there is a political importance behind it.

We are still waiting till a decision is reached. In any given day, the Saudi-Franco relations is going nowhere but forward. There is no need for political motive when it comes to arms procurement in our book. At the end of the day, we will always introduce what we need the most to enhance our self-defensive capabilities, and that's that.

The reports simply mixed up the designations, they want Mig 29 fighters and Mi 35 helicopters:

Egypt signs $3 billion deal for Russian fighter jets, attack helicopters - World Tribune | World Tribune

Russia, Egypt Reach Initial $3 Bln Arms Deal – Report | Russia | RIA Novosti

im not saying we cant afford it...but we can't be in haste... afterall money of us indians is hard earned!!

No body said so. But your Gov't said, there is no money left in the safe to finalize the contract. If you are going to be handing your hand-earned money to them for the DR, then good for you :-) ...

yeah thats what occured to me too F-15SA and EFTs should be able to handle the job why increase logistic problems for such a small number the Navy should choose a fighter already employed by the country unless those fighters can't/limitedly do the job?

Or maybe the Saudis will be waiting for a worth-procuring 5th Gen jet in the near future.

Last edited:
No money left LAST YEAR int the 2013-14 FY, the Rafale is budgeted for in THIS FY2014-15.

Let's hope that the contract will be signed by next year then, as nothing left to be negotiated on but cash.

Let's hope that the contract will be signed by next year then, as nothing left to be negotiated on but cash.
The FY2013-2014 where there was no budgetary allowance left for the Rafale ENDED on March 31st 2014.
On April 1st 2014 the FY2014-15 BEGAN where there IS allowance for the Rafale deal. The ONLY thing holding back the signing of the deal now is the General Elections currently being held in India. Once the new Indian Govt is in place by the end of MAY 2014, we can expect the deal to be signed. So really the deal is a few weeks, at most, months from being signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom