What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
143473_682932397_01-01-01arma%20ra.jpg

Wrong thread mate!

Try this: http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/138858-stupid-funny-all-over-world-ii.html

rafaut.jpg

(Google translated)

Rafaut for French Hercules?

Among the proposals to modernize the French C-130 Hercules, one of them is the installation of triple racks used in the Rafale, called Rafaut, as shown in the image above. Each rack takes up three 250kg bombs like Paveway or AASM. The image includes a cocoon of target designation ATLIS II.

The Rafaut be installed on racks where now are the external tanks of 10,000 liters. The proposal would transform the Hercules in a bomber, similar capacity with the Harvest Hawk KC-130 used by the USMC (Marine Corps U.S.) in Afghanistan.

Rafaut para os Hercules franceses? | Poder Aéreo - Informação e Discussão sobre Aviação Militar e Civil

Quiet interesting:

IAF+C-130J+eng+run.jpg

IAF+C-130J+eng+run3.jpg

AN32+BOMB.jpg

^^^^ Interesting indeed. We should try something like this on An-32 and MTA... US wont let us tweak our C-130s like this.

^^^^ Interesting indeed. We should try something like this on An-32 and MTA... US wont let us tweak our C-130s like this.

The proposal was for French C130 modernisations, that that wouldn't be an issue for ours either, especially since it's only a weapon pylon that will be added, not a whole new systems that needs to be integrated. MTA with a jet engine will be of limited use in CAS roles I guess, one reason I would like to see a turbo prob varient too.

However, I think this pylon could be interesting for Rafale and CAS roles as well. Currently it can carry 6 x LGBs/AASMs at max, with such a pylon the attack capability could be doubled, especially with new lighter weapons.

3 x HELINA ATGMs in the front Rafaut
3 x GBU 49 / AASM 250 in the rear one
total of 6 x ATGMs + 6 x bomb kits for every Rafale!!!

The proposal was for French C130 modernisations, that that wouldn't be an issue for ours either, especially since it's only a weapon pylon that will be added, not a whole new systems that needs to be integrated. MTA with a jet engine will be of limited use in CAS roles I guess, one reason I would like to see a turbo prob varient too.

However, I think this pylon could be interesting for Rafale and CAS roles as well. Currently it can carry 6 x LGBs/AASMs at max, with such a pylon the attack capability could be doubled, especially with new lighter weapons.

3 x HELINA ATGMs in the front Rafaut
3 x GBU 49 / AASM 250 in the rear one
total of 6 x ATGMs + 6 x bomb kits for every Rafale!!!

@sancho would you then suggest the IAF go for addtioanl C-130s over and above the 12 C-130Js it will get? As these 12 are for purely Spec Ops support, or would you have some of these 12 converted into such a role?

Additionally what utility would these machines have for India? I can see the utility of these for the likes of the French and US who are constantly getting involved in low-intensity conflicts around the globe however the CT ops the Indian armed forces are involved in within India do not employ such lethal airpower as a matter of course. For a conventional conflict against the traditional opponents India can expect to face(China and Pakistan) with high density SAM cover and BVR-equipped Fighter a/c a slow-moving turbo-prob transport a/c is going to be an easy kill. So what can India do with this weapon system?

Last edited by a moderator:
@sancho would you then suggest the IAF go for addtioanl C-130s over and above the 12 C-130Js it will get? As these 12 are for purely Spec Ops support, or would you have some of these 12 converted into such a role?

What for? You just remove the external fuel tanks and add the pylons, which means we can modify the current once, whenever needed and not all the time.

For a conventional conflict against the traditional opponents India can expect to face(China and Pakistan) with high density SAM cover and BVR-equipped Fighter a/c a slow-moving turbo-prob transport a/c is going to be an easy kill.

And still IAF felt the need for arming the AN 32s right? The C130Js on the other hand has much better defence capabilities, has modern avionics and optronics for night and low level operations and would be much more useful. And this option would simply offer commonality to Rafale too, be it with the Rafaut pylon, the possibe weapons, or the LDP if needed, so a very simple upgrade for IAF.
However, of course using such aircrafts in CAS is only possible when you have air superiority, but it would have been highly useful in Kargil. But I still hope on a more capable A2G package for the P8Is, which would be much better for long distance of heavy strikes (GBU 24 bunker buster, SDB quadpacks, JSOW, SLAM-ER).

And as I said, I think it would be a good addition to Rafale too!

Last edited by a moderator:
i wanted to know that what will the single rafael cost iaf that it would will be receiving and what would be the total number of the order :cheers:

FFS, another MRCA thread. :pissed:

To answer your ?

This is India we are talking about here, seeing is believing, until then, it's all talk and only a paper plane. You may get tonnes of "in the future, we may, possibly, by 2020", etc, replies, but none of it is worth the bandwidth. Nothing has been signed, there is no official confirmation of numbers, no contracts, until then, it's useless and worthless chit chat.

:coffee:

i wanted to know that what will the single rafael cost iaf that it would will be receiving and what would be the total number of the order :cheers:

No need to start a new thread, when we have a sticky MMRCA thread that you can go through. There is no reliable figure for the price yet, but the costs for French forces might give a hint:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/4347-mrca-news-discussions-555.html#post4085037

A minumum of 126, that possibly can go up to 200.

Dont worry Rafale will not be procured. This whole saga will repeat again when the govt. changes next year.

FFS, another MRCA thread. :pissed:

To answer your ?

This is India we are talking about here, seeing is believing, until then, it's all talk and only a paper plane. You may get tonnes of "in the future, we may, possibly, by 2020", etc, replies, but none of it is worth the bandwidth. Nothing has been signed, there is no official confirmation of numbers, no contracts, until then, it's useless and worthless chit chat.

:coffee:

The amount of cr@p u uttered just now goes in complete reverse to what u said !

...Prospects for Rafale

In Paris, the amendment is seen mainly as a bid to win votes in parliamentary elections due in April or May 2014, as there has already been a steady move over time to promote buying from domestic sources, said a defense expert with knowledge of the Indian market.

Although the amendment will not affect talks over a planned buy of 126 Rafale fighters, the tender’s terms reflected a policy to boost local industry.

If India does sign an order with Dassault, only the first 18 units will be built in France, with the remainder assembled from kits and eventually built, from raw materials to components to full systems, in India.

In the first stage of negotiations, Dassault has been asked to hand over full documentation of Rafale production plans so Indian authorities can assess the work for local industry.

But Dassault is reluctant to hand over the papers, as India also insists on the French company acting as overall prime contractor providing guarantees for program performance. Dassault is concerned over the Indian partner’s ability to deliver the aircraft to standard, on time and on budget. That single corporate guarantee is seen as “deal-breaker,” the expert said.

India's New Rules Could Mean More Overseas Tie-ups | Defense News | defensenews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom