What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in BRF is probably high.
Its understandable that India has money, but I know this for a fact that Indians arent wasteful.(anymore)
Why would the IAF want to buy another fighter with capabilities that the LCAmk2 is supposed to partially mirror anyway.
Why would the IAF want to add more headaches to logistics when clearly its focus seems to be on increasing commonality and reducing the types it wants to operate?.

Well that is surprising thing. I do not object to the Rafale's usage against Pakistan. What I object to is the immedieate focus of it.Pakistan does not represent a credible threat to India anymore, China does. Even now India is lacking in the northeast sector and that is where I believe the Rafale should go.
That does not mean some Rafale sq not be based on the western front or on more developed bases in the west for training and general rotation.

Could not agree any more... :tup:

Mig-21, Mig-27, Jaguar, Mirage in future replacement by Rafale and Gripen means 4 replaced by 2.

Mirage and Rafale logistics have commanality hence its 4 replaced by 1;)

Mirage will be in service for the next 15 years at the minimum...gripen makes no friggin sense...

6542209201_c964ce65c2_b.jpg

3857547785_239ba55b85_b.jpg

3849885755_4bc7a73132_b.jpg

3872651180_95b2ca9759_b.jpg

3871866255_f3ca5f82b4_b.jpg

Alrighty ...............So the Raffy has finally won as I predicted, I feel sorry for all the ones i have debated and fought with in this thread and other ones regarding how Raffy will finally make it, Some even called me a Raffy agent.. lol.

Been going through various threads and was enjoying the thread of Raffy purchases and neighborhood issues. Well all i can read was people claiming we have seen it touch it flew it so no problemo.. Well IAF has been studying all the technicals of these 6 aircrafts for quite some time and the technical report they made will take almost a life time to read . They have conducted low, high, wet dry, snowy trials and evaluated the fighters to the core. The obvious choice was Raffy for its ability to destroy any gorund based threats better than any fighter that's readily available in world market.

Well all i can say is :P

ZeQl4Ub0025ewCqoUcPMh8Rs7x6p0YQR.jpg

The DDM NG and Spectra are class apart and any guys researching on these things surely knows these.

Raffy will grow with the associations and both the countries can now look into and research more on taking it to the next level.

I am also excited on the prospect of Stealth UCAV association it can bring with the commonality between nEUROn and AuRa.

Also interesting is the possibility of Gripen coming to the ranks which is of an uncertainity but a good prospect in long run since it will bring the time for squadron expectations much further down and we all know they have plans to completly shift their production facility to India and a JV with TATA group regarding designing and manufacturing next generation fighter. They have also association with HAL and has been offering state of art defence systems for some time.

I as always cracked up the news early of the win first in various forums but unfortunatly was on a rare pink here in pdf.:sick: and missed all the fun here.. but didnt matter cause i been busy lately in the other places where they "discuss" , not post garbage and badmouth each others.

And a special thanks to Sancho for reminding me amidst the fireworks.

SpArK, did you mean BR?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

drk_9611.jpg

t2pix.jpg

katrina.jpg

images of the Rafale's HUD show what the terrain following and avoidance modes will look like for the pilot on the HUD..
Courtesy - User Kartik on BRF (This is copied without permission. I apologize in advance. :( )

rafale3dhudf3.jpg

dsc9075z.jpg

Lets put it to places that do not badmouth India and Hindus(whilst ironically celebrating India's secularism)
However it is perfectly okay for those places to badmouth Pakistan and Muslims.

Lets put it to places that do not badmouth India and Hindus(whilst ironically celebrating India's secularism)
However it is perfectly okay for those places to badmouth Pakistan and Muslims.

Except a few like Imran Khan and others, majority of Pakistanis or their diaspora on this forum are anti-hindu/christian/jew as well. There, they ridicule Pakistan and its identity not Muslims per se. Now, don't ban me for replying to your post. :P

I've practiced self-restraint in my post. :D

Mig-21, Mig-27, Jaguar, Mirage in future replacement by Rafale and Gripen means 4 replaced by 2.
Mirage and Rafale logistics have commanality hence its 4 replaced by 1;)

Correct. But there is some change in plan. MiG21 will be replace by LCA.

MiG21 Total 152: Will be replace by LCA. by 2013-14 almost 40 LCA MK1 will be delivered to IAF. 2014 MKII start production. By
2017 (Which is MiG21 retirement timeline) 60 more LCA will be delivered.

MiG27 and Jaguar will be completely replaced by MMRCA Rafael.

M2000H will replace in phase. I think M2000H gonna stay longer (along with Rafael) after current upgrades.

Correct. But there is some change in plan. MiG21 will be replace by LCA.

MiG21 Total 152: Will be replace by LCA. by 2013-14 almost 40 LCA MK1 will be delivered to IAF. 2014 MKII start production. By
2017 (Which is MiG21 retirement timeline) 60 more LCA will be delivered.

MiG27 and Jaguar will be completely replaced by MMRCA Rafael.

M2000H will replace in phase. I think M2000H gonna stay longer (along with Rafael) after current upgrades.

Well actually you are pretty much on the spot
Except a few things
While we do have 152 Mig21Bis/Bisons in service , but out of these 2 Sqds ie 32 aircrafts will be replaced by Su30MKI , and remaining 6 Sqds ie 120 Aircrafts will be replaced by inducting 40 LCA MK1 and 83 LCA MK2 , But all this will take time , INFACT WE CAN ONLY COUNT 40 LCA MK1 till 2016 , there after 83 LCA MK2 will be delivered between 2017-22
While all Mig21s Would be retired by 2017 , Hence we will have to assume that out of 8 Mig21 sqds , 5 would have to be replaced by MKI , With the 14th MKI sqd actually replacing the first Mig27 Sqd

While Rafale will replace 4 Mig27 sqds and 3 Jaguar sqds ,

In the end Last 3 LCA MK2 Sqds will just help to increase the number of Fighter sqds from 33 to 36, Coz the aircraft which it meant to replace would have been retired before they enter service

Infact we can look at the following fleet in 2022

126 RAFALES - 7 Sqds
269 Su30MKI - 14 Sqds
123 LCAMK1/2 - 6 Sqds
72 Jaguars - 3 Sqds + Trainers
50 Mirage 2000V5 - 3 Sqds
60 Mig29SMT - 3 Sqds
30 FGFA - 1.5 Sqds

Ie 730 Fighters in 37.5 Sqds

Also Note Any follow on order for 80 Rafales or any other fighters will replace Remaining Jaguars and 1 sqd of Mirages

While 4th , 5th and 6th FGFA Sqds will replace Mig29SMT

yar aj kal t indians k mind main rafael sawar hai
itni attension rtejas ko dete to $11 billion save ho jate

Funniest thing eva :lol: so you mean just because gorkhas (I love them) serve in the Indian army, we would prefer nepal even if they are not economically powerful?? lol, we all can see who is the stupid here...

We were talking about Pakistans access to GCC hardware, and knowing it's intricacies, but you had to bring in a moot point and derail the conversation didn't you?

Yeah hawaon main jo orrh rahe hain, dharam say zameen pay giraengay, agar yeah khali emirati RFP dekhlaien!!

Tejas is definitely going to come (full scale production in 2014) and replace the Mig21s as the single engine interceptor and will have way better avionics, airframe and multirole capabilities. Rafale is higher end (4.5++) - it is omnirole (even though the requirement for MMRCA was only multirole) and the tech received from the french under ToT contracts might go into AMCA.

As there are here.. but if there is such a decision. I would be surprised.
Since it makes no sense. Buying the Gripen is overlapping capability and burdening logistics for NO significant gain. If they want to buy the Gripen.. scrap the Tejas... why bother with it?

Gripen is not on the cards at all!!! Never mind what anybody (with any self-professed) connections to MoD in GoI claims. While the Gripen has its own merits as an aircraft, it has some serious down sides as well. Then there is the Tejas factor that you correctly mention. At the most, the Gripen may serve as the template for upgrades to Tejas.

But Gripen is unequivocally out of IAF reckoning.

Bl[i]tZ;2568725 said:
Tejas is definitely going to come (full scale production in 2014) and replace the Mig21s as the single engine interceptor and will have way better avionics, airframe and multirole capabilities. Rafale is higher end (4.5++) - it is omnirole (even though the requirement for MMRCA was only multirole) and the tech received from the french under ToT contracts might go into AMCA.

Whats the differnce between "Omnirole" and "Multirole" ??? :azn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom