What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The successful bidding of Indian MMRCA will speed J-10's export to Pakistan.Guess which is better, mighty dragon or Rafle?

we indians expected u to thanks us nevermind
but on your post...................

wat is mighty dragon .... A UFO

stop comparing....... enjoy this thread

this thread race to 17 pages within 2 hours

(Reuters) - India will not sign a multi-billion dollar contract to buy European fighter jets before the fiscal year ends in March, the defense minister said on Tuesday, about a deal to revamp ageing weapons in line with the country's rising global influence.

"Not this financial year," Defence Minister A.K. Antony told Reuters in reply to a question about when the deal that has been in the works since 2007 would be signed.

However, India will "soon" announce the lowest bidder for the tender for 126 jets worth up to $15 billion, two government sources with knowledge of the deal told Reuters.

One of the sources said France's Rafale jet was the likely winner, adding that the defense ministry was now considering buying another 80 or so jets and could invite bidders excluded from the current process to take part.:disagree:

Already Asia's third-largest economy and growing fast, India has emerged as the world's leading importer of weapons as it jostles with China for influence and reach on the world stage.

Dassault's (AVMD.PA) Rafale is competing with the Typhoon fighter made by four-nation consortium Eurofighter in what is currently one of the largest global weapons tenders.

"It is a long process. The file has not come to my table," Antony said, adding that the finance ministry and a cabinet panel headed by the prime minister have to look at the agreement after he signs off.

The Eurofighter Typhoon is built by the German and Spanish branches of EADS (EAD.PA), Britain's BAE Systems (BAES.L) and Italy's Finmeccanica (SIFI.MI). Dassault is French.

American, Russian and Swedish bids were rejected in April.

The U.S. company Lockheed Martin (LMT.N) has kept alive hopes of selling its F-35 Joint Strike Fighter to India.

One defense ministry source with knowledge of the negotiations said the life-time cost of the tender including training and maintenance may reach $15 billion.

Previous estimates put the cost around $11 billion.

The defense ministry source said each Rafale was $4 million to $5 million cheaper:woot: than its rival and the plane was preferred by the Air Force.

"Unit-wise, the French plane is much cheaper than the Eurofighter. Moreover, the Indian Airforce, which is well-equipped with French fighters, is favoring the French fighter," said the source, who asked not be named.

(Reporting by Manoj Kumar and Nigam Prusty; Writing by Frank Jack Daniel; Editing by Malini Menon and Ed Lane)

No India jet fighter deal before end March: minister | Reuters
:cheers:

I had told to Sancho. IAF will either buy Mig35 which may do its work economically and efficiently for just $55mil per piece, or, if they want to pay twice then its Rafale only, the best Multi Role aircraft of the 4++ generation. We now hope IAF may prefer to wait for 2-3 years for the first batch of Rafale but they would go for the best features of Rafale only which would incorporate a powerful AESA radar, stealth features etc like how SU30MKIs are being upgraded to Super Sukhoi 30, SU35 to SU35BM, J10 to J10B, and Eurofighter to Euro 2020 etc :tup:

And now Its Mig35/ Mig29VOT for 80 more, as it already had infrastructure of Mig29s (68Mi29SMT+45Mi29k). Mig35, a primarily an air superiority aircraft with much improved A2G roles and very powerful AESA radar, while Mig29k being already supplied for INS Vikramaditya & IAC-1, Indian pilots already experienced on this aircrafts, which is available for just 55mil per piece with loaded with missiles also? Mig35 is set to win this additional $4.5bn deal to supply 80 MMRCA :smokin:

The successful bidding of Indian MMRCA will speed J-10's export to Pakistan.Guess which is better, mighty dragon or Rafle?

True, the next logical step for PAF is to pursue J-10B on priority basis and perhaps increase the amount of JF-17s to be procured. I think the only reason PAF delayed it's purchase was to see who IAF would choose.

I think the deal will only be signed at the begining of next financial year.Correct me if m wrong
Only lowest bidder has been disclosed. Deal won't be signed before march. Now price negotiation will start. Even EF can get deal if they offer better than french. But announcement of lowest bidder is a significant for Dassault. There shares already rose immediately. They have to release information carefully to avoid sudden drop in share prices.

False Alarm folks...

India Rafale deal not yet signed - French source

Jan 31 (Reuters) - A French source close to the matter said on Tuesday that India had not yet signed a contract to buy Dassault Aviation Rafale fighter jets, though a step forward had been taken.

Dassault has placed the lowest bid to supply India with 126 fighters in a multi-billion dollar deal, two Indian government sources said earlier on Tuesday, adding that further commercial negotiations would first have to take place.

"No contract has been signed," the French source said.

A source close to the French finance ministry dampened reports that Dassault had already won the contest, which is pitting the Rafale against the Eurofighter Typhoon

India Rafale deal not yet signed - French source | Reuters
'

Rafale's bid was said to be ‘significantly’ lower than the other fighter, the Eurofighter Typhoon. The MMRCA is India’s biggest single defence deal which will see India purchasing 126 fighters planes for the Indian Air Force.

A final contract will be signed following negotiations by March this year. As per the contract rules, India will now negotiate the terms and the offsets clause.

So, except for some major league goof up by Dassault; this is a done deal.

True, the next logical step for PAF is to pursue J-10B on priority basis and perhaps increase the amount of JF-17s to be procured. I think the only reason PAF delayed it's purchase was to see who IAF would choose.
I don't think so. They are following old timeline of inducting JF-17 , both block I, block II. J-10B was always on the table as they knew whatever india will buy will be in competition with it. I think delay was due to cost as Oscar said in one of his post.
But you never know how PAF strategists think ?

:cheers:

I had told to Sancho. IAF will either buy Mig35 which may do its work economically and efficiently for just $55mil per piece, or, if they want to pay twice then its Rafale only, the best Multi Role aircraft of the 4++ generation. We now hope IAF may prefer to wait for 2-3 years for the first batch of Rafale but they would go for the best features of Rafale only which would incorporate a powerful AESA radar, stealth features etc like how SU30MKIs are being upgraded to Super Sukhoi 30, SU35 to SU35BM, J10 to J10B, and Eurofighter to Euro 2020 etc :tup:

And now Its Mig35/ Mig29VOT for 80 more, as it already had infrastructure of Mig29s (68Mi29SMT+45Mi29k). Mig35, a primarily an air superiority aircraft with much improved A2G roles and very powerful AESA radar, while Mig29k being already supplied for INS Vikramaditya & IAC-1, Indian pilots already experienced on this aircrafts, which is available for just 55mil per piece with loaded with missiles also? Mig35 is set to win this additional $4.5bn deal to supply 80 MMRCA :smokin:

i remember u........ with putin avatar

u the most neutral chinese member in this forum

even the fair and unbiased is unfair and biased(partial)

ab refale ki tareefeen kero hahahahahaha last week EU fighter ki ki thi :lol:

I don't think so. They are following old timeline of inducting JF-17 , both block I, block II. J-10B was always on the table as they knew whatever india will buy will be in competition with it. I think delay was due to cost as Oscar said in one of his post.
But you never know how PAF strategists think ?

I think cost was never an issue with J-10B as China would be providing some level of assistance in the form of long term financial assistance. It was more to do with what IAF would procure and how to respond to that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom