What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG a decision atlast after the excruciating waiting. I am so happy guys :yahoo:

I think i will have a party today.

So what is the final bid??
Im sure that Dassault has taken a certain loss somewhere to get the big tamale..
But it is the best deal for ToT as the french are more involved in multiple contracts for India.
Not sure if it was the best deal diplomatically.. but nevertheless MBDA is a european company which will provide some sort of consolation prize for the losing states.

the biggest winner though.. is the rafale.. its like the graduate that has been sitting jobless for too long.. and suddenly has been posted to VP.

yeah from having no suitors to having 126 .:lol:

But your forget, we tested both out..... EFT winner by a long way.
What's there out out of ordinary dude..... good luck to you guys.

Sir you can test F-22 for all we care.It is the Plane in the inventory that matters.

But you already knew that.

OH! this means Indian Airforce is screwed up by the kickbacks and bribery....The Frenchies are well known for their secret underhand dealingz....:D
The Rafael is nothing in front of EuroFighter.........India got screwedup BIGGGGG...TIMEEEE........:eek:

if bribes are the case then hornets would have won the contracts.its best and our air force too.;)

OH! this means Indian Airforce is screwed up by the kickbacks and bribery....The Frenchies are well known for their secret underhand dealingz....:D
The Rafael is nothing in front of EuroFighter.........India got screwedup BIGGGGG...TIMEEEE........:eek:

very much on expected lines from yaa..:lol:

Dude, some advice for you.

Never underestimate your opponent. The day you do. You're gone.

Dassault Rafale wins USD 10.4 billion Indian Air Force jet fighter deal: Sources

New Delhi: Sources have told NDTV that the French aviation company Dassault Rafale has won the $10.4 billion deal for supplying fighter aircraft to India. The Indian Airforce plans to buy 126 aircraft over the next ten years.

The first 18 aircraft will be bought off the shelf. The rest 118 will be manufactured in partnership with an Indian company.

There were six contenders for the worlds biggest defence deal which included MIG- 35, F-16 Falcon, F-18 Hornet, Gripen Euro-Fighter, Typhoon and Rafale. Of these, the Typhoon and Rafale were shortlisted. The rest were rejected as they didn't meet the technical qualifications.

Source

Well.... Well.... Well. What it was thought and raised from 11 to 15 bn Dollars deal turn out to be 10.4 bn dollars in end.
And one thing more that was thought that India might complete 126 Birds by 2016-18 but it will actually take minimum 10 years of time.

Well congrats India ... and Dassault, for getting a customer finally.

80 birds may be added later on and it could go to different vendor and i believe this will be for navy:D
and jet will be f-35:D

I agree with you to some extent. Decision may have been in line with cost, reliability and no strings attached policy of Dassault and France plus as you pointed out possibility of further upgrades to it. Not to mention India's past relationship with Dassault.

Nonetheless, I think all Pakistani's were expecting Euro fighter to win. Would be interesting to see how PAF would respond to such news.
Yeah, coming days are going to be interesting one. Hope we all have constructive discussion.
@topic-
I am just wondering with full ToT and french already helping in kaveri engine development, how much this deal with french boost our domestic aviation industry.

than congrats you.:D

ahhh yes the oracle has spoken .:lol:

thank god this has been one deal which went completely by the book . :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom