What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 birds may be added later on and it could go to different vendor and i believe this will be for navy:D
and jet will be f-35:D
I was bit surprised by this. But IF we select F-35, then we wont get it before 2018 , while IF we select Eurofighter then we can have parallel deliveries of most advanced 4.5 gen. fighters. I know my scenario is somewhat dreamy, but i wish it happens this way.

the EFT supply chain could be inferior to that of the Rafale - RAF had issues with its EFT's during the libyan air-blockade. so the IAF planners seem to have done their homework. Rafale has one supplier Dassault whilst EFT is made by a consortium of countries and the SC could be a complex issue.

OH! this means Indian Airforce is screwed up by the kickbacks and bribery....The Frenchies are well known for their secret underhand dealingz....:D
The Rafael is nothing in front of EuroFighter.........India got screwedup BIGGGGG...TIMEEEE........:eek:

It's totally possible. But, i doubt that's case here.

However, government sources told Reuters about the $15 billion deal that France's Rafale jet was the likely winner, adding that the defence ministry was now considering buying another 80 or so jets and could invite bidders excluded from the current process to take part.

f-35 for navy

Its very logical and sensible. The MMRCA was originally envisaged as additional Mirage-2000 to the fleet. Especially after their stellar performance of the kargil war. However, by then the Mirage's were being phased out and their production stopped. Rafale is the successor to Mirage-2000 and it perfectly fits the IAF requirement.

thread stuck na hu jaye more then
There are currently 203 users browsing this thread. (62 members and 141 guests)

Its very logical and sensible. The MMRCA was originally envisaged as additional Mirage-2000 to the fleet. Especially after their stellar performance of the kargil war. However, by then the Mirage's were being phased out and their production stopped. Rafale is the successor to Mirage-2000 and it perfectly fits the IAF requirement.

And dont forget the existing Mirage supporting infrastructure that can be upgraded to support Rafales..

the EFT supply chain could be inferior to that of the Rafale - RAF had issues with its EFT's during the libyan air-blockade. so the IAF planners seem to have done their homework. Rafale has one supplier Dassault whilst EFT is made by a consortium of countries and the SC could be a complex issue.

didn t thought about that:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom