What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it is time for Typhoon. poor typhoon fellow members will shot down typhoon here in PDF easily and regularly.

BY the way when will the final winner will be announced???

I'm pretty sure everyone knows how much the French jack up their prices and would consider that in any future dealings.

Wow.. check the tone of jingoism in that article in an effort to play down such an important development.

But that is what Grande Strategy, Rupee News, Sajjad Shaukat and others of that ilk have to do all the time. Though I will not hold it against them. They have to pander to a certain constituency to keep getting read and bankrolled. And this kind of thing happens across all borders. Bless them all. :)

p.s. I seemed to have forgotten to "honorably mention" a certain guy in a funny red cap.
But compared to these gents, he really seems "intellectually challenged". :D

The view of this author is to develop UCAVs customized for the Pakistani scenario and couple these with two-seater JF-17 Block II/III

Sure dude.. where are those spare billions we have stashed away??
Oh yes.. the swiss bank accounts.. if some estimates(read PTI) are to be kept in play than there are a hundred gazillion dollars of Pakistani money in there.. we could bail out the US if that money comes back to Pakistan.
what other sources of money would this guy want.

The PAF is a good AF.. but neither it or the RSAF are the best in the Muslim world(only if you count being declared as "Islamic")
The best AF of a Muslim majority country is the TuAF.. their training and evolved combat doctrine matches their equipment.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Both you and quite a few PAF officers think the same with regards to that issue.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

But that is what Grande Strategy, Rupee News, Sajjad Shaukat and others of that ilk have to do all the time. Though I will not hold it against them. They have to pander to a certain constituency to keep getting read and bankrolled. And this kind of thing happens across all borders. Bless them all. :)

p.s. I seemed to have forgotten to "honorably mention" a certain guy in a funny red cap.
But compared to these gents, he really seems "intellectually challenged". :D

We all have our Pran Chopra's..
Zaid Hamid would have advocated enlisting the help of the AjAF.. Ill give you a hint..the J stands for Jinns.

Well, I dont think India would be able to descide anything before 2015......

Well, I dont think India would be able to descide anything before 2015......

Within next 1 month guaranteed. And contract stipulates an entire SQD has to be delivered off the shelf within 36 months of greement so ~Q1 2014

34zgbaw.gif

more predictions.. it aint over until its over.

poor article just bits put together for show

34zgbaw.gif

more predictions.. it aint over until its over.

You sound like Borat hoping that Pamela is still a virgin..
The french have lost this round.. But I suspect that they may get a "pacifier" order for the strategic forces command or something.

Countdown To MMRCA?

We're square in the time window now for an announcement on the M-MRCA competition. The last ten days have been thick with rumours of a Eurofighter victory (the company has wisely stayed away from comment). It's an incredibly delicate situation now. Last night, Reuters Aero tweeted saying the two parties were called for a meeting, but that it was unclear if this pertained to a decision or an update. The tweet appeared to draw its essence from an earlier tweet in the day by Newsx defence editor Vishal Thapar, who claimed that only Eurofighter representatives had been called for a meeting. He similarly wondered in his tweet if this had been for a "verdict or clarification". Now, unless this meeting was hardcore top-secret, my information is that no representatives of either company were summoned to any meeting yesterday (Thursday, Jan 12). My sources at both vendor companies and the MoD said there was no meeting, but that it was expected "soon". But this is hardly important. Assuming that the meeting didn't in fact happen, it is after all expected to happen at any time.

The sense I get is the government has until Republic Day (Jan 26) to declare the lowest bidder -- if it wants to, that is. After that, the country enters a phase of an elaborate series of crucial state elections that bring with them their own political sensitivities and code of conduct guidelines. The sense I get, therefore, is that if the government intends to make an announcement this month, it has to be in the next 10-odd days. Otherwise, it could drift for months as the establishment's mind gets diverted. As always, stay tuned.

Livefist

You sound like Borat hoping that Pamela is still a virgin..
The french have lost this round.. But I suspect that they may get a "pacifier" order for the strategic forces command or something.

HeHeHeh, Now you're on to something!
An' I don't mean Borat and Vergins'.

But part of the "pacifier" bit seems to have been already dished out.

HeHeHeh, Now you're on to something!
An' I don't mean Borat and Vergins'.

But part of the "pacifier" bit seems to have been already dished out.

A long protracted and overpriced "pacifier" if you ask me.. but that is the price of being a democracy with its checks and balances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom