What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saudi Typhoons Are to defend Saudi AIR SPACE. not to be borrowed by PAF

Non one is handing over $100 million dollar planes to a another country.

Even china wants hard cash via loans for their JF17 & J10 fighters.

Saudi Typhoons Are to defend Saudi AIR SPACE. not to be borrowed by PAF

Non one is handing over $100 million dollar planes to a another country.

Even china wants hard cash via loans for their JF17 & J10 fighters.

Who drives these typhoon, u guessed it right, Pakistanis.

So if you fly these aircrafts then they are Pakistani aircrafts?...what is your logic behind this?:what:
Of course they are not Pakistanis.The pilots are on deputation which means they train Saudi Pilots only and not to hijack the air craft to Pakistan.

Front runner in MRCA has to be Rafael , its fitting all the requirement Indian air force have.
Second option has to be -f/a 18 - super hornet if we can get growler with it.

-----GRIPEN AND tHYPOON STAND A good chance too .
------but f-16 and mig-35 are goner-- if the politics wont invade the requirment of nation.

Front runner in MRCA has to be Rafael , its fitting all the requirement Indian air force have.
Second option has to be -f/a 18 - super hornet if we can get growler with it.

-----GRIPEN AND tHYPOON STAND A good chance too .
------but f-16 and mig-35 are goner-- if the politics wont invade the requirment of nation.

I second this.But this is India, anything can happen.:cheesy:

Of course they are not Pakistanis.The pilots are on deputation which means they train Saudi Pilots only and not to hijack the air craft to Pakistan.
Exactly, so the only access that PAF has is to train with, or against those aircrafts but they can never be used against IAF.
To me that is no reason for us not to buy EF, otherwise we have to shortlist Rafale and F16 IN too, cause UAE already have, or are buying them and your pilots can train against them too.

so what if you guys have access to them i bet all my property not all of the secrets will be let out by them even if you are close to them ...this is something that is happening :woot:

:cheers:

Typhoon Training is been conducted by the RAF.

British Air crew have for years help maintain Saudis Tornados.

PAF pilots have no formal training to fly and indeed teach the saudis how to use or maintain Euro fighters.

Flight trials in May of combat jets in running for IAF order www.idrw.org / Indian Defense Research Wing

BY: IANS

light trials are likely to begin in May of planes in the running for a $10 billion Indian Air Force (IAF) order for 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA), a top commander said Wednesday.
“Hopefully, the flight trials shall commence by the end of May,” IAF chief Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major told reporters on the sidelines of a book release here.

“The technical evaluation is over as far as we are concerned,” he added.

At least two sets of flight trials are likely to be conducted in summer and winter as the competing jets are put through their paces in the icy Himalayan heights, the deserts of Rajasthan and the humid conditions of south India.

Once the field is narrowed down to two or three, the price bids will be opened and negotiations will begin to extract the best deal from the manufacturers, an official said.

The entire process is likely to take a year-and-a-half, if not longer, before the IAF zeros in on its choice of aircraft.

Six aircraft are in the fray: the US Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet, the Lockheed Martin F-16 Super Viper, the French Rafale, the Swedish Gripen, the Russian MiG-35 and the Eurofighter Typhoon that is built by a four-nation European consortium.

The IAF had August 28, 2007 floated a global tender for the jets.

Eighteen aircraft will be purchased in flyaway condition and the remaining 108 manufactured in the country under a transfer of technology (TOT) agreement with the chosen supplier.

The aircraft are envisaged to have a lifecycle of 40 years from the time of delivery.

India’s Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) had cleared the RFP at a meeting here June 29, 2007 chaired by Defence Minister A.K. Antony.

The IAF tender also contains an offsets clause under which 50 percent of the money paid to the chosen vendor will have to be reinvested in India’s defence manufacturing sector.

The offsets clause that was introduced in the Defence Procurement Procedure-2006 (DPP-2006) mandates that 30 percent of the cost of military purchases exceeding Rs.3 billion has to be reinvested in the country. The offsets obligation has been raised in the case of the IAF order given its higher value than most other defence deals.

Typhoons are way too expensive for india.
Rafale and Gripen has no political importance as this tender is about.
Since India has tilted one of its two wings toward America i can assure you that FA-18 will be chosen. Mig-35 F-16 Gripen Rafale EF are out of the race though its another matter that IAF fan boys still want to play their arms chair general guessing game.

Typhoon Training is been conducted by the RAF.

British Air crew have for years help maintain Saudis Tornados.

PAF pilots have no formal training to fly and indeed teach the saudis how to use or maintain Euro fighters.

unfortunately you know very very little of this subject.

Typhoons are way too expensive for india.
Rafale and Gripen has no political importance as this tender is about.
Since India has tilted one of its two wings toward America i can assure you that FA-18 will be chosen. Mig-35 F-16 Gripen Rafale EF are out of the race though its another matter that IAF fan boys still want to play their arms chair general guessing game.

Going for USA is too risky I think Rafale and good change F-16 is too old and Gripen is too close to lca EF is expansive. I think for my point of view Ist contender is Rafale then F-18 coze of proven history and along with AESA radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom