What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are just goign in circles in this thread lol - I think best will be sit back and see what happnes in next -25 years - when india will get its - Fighters.
Lol as indian i say we just dont deserve a damn thing - we got money from my and your pocket and some idiots are just wasting it - by not using it - They might have let it be in my pocket so i could have atleast made some money out of it.
( i hope people get what i am trying to say )
We all know this - MRCA - been goign for years and i see it not becomign reality for atleast 2-3 yrs just to decide what we want and then - 15 yrs to get the whole lot of fighter in out arsenal.
-- LOL what a joke india - defense has become - I like it what a pakistani defense side said- Pakistan is protected not becuase of its - great defence but becuase of DUMB enemy that they got.
It just gets annoying most time, FAn boys ( including me ) keep dreaming of some grest addition because WE FRIGGIN ARE BUYIGN TI ( PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY ) but some idiots are not doing their jobs.
We need a change.
I think we south asians don't deserve democracy we need somebody to kick our behind and make us work.

Last edited:
Mki come in $40m why not India scarp mrca deal any buy mki it is better then from all mrca fighter and much cheaper + logistic and maintenance cost come too low coze we have already this type of fighter

Typhoons are way too expensive for india.
Rafale and Gripen has no political importance as this tender is about.
Since India has tilted one of its two wings toward America i can assure you that FA-18 will be chosen. Mig-35 F-16 Gripen Rafale EF are out of the race though its another matter that IAF fan boys still want to play their arms chair general guessing game.
First, I don't think that Typhoon is generally too expensive for us (latest news reports says a unit cost around $ 85 mil), but of course it might be the most expensive one in the competition. Maybe we should keep in mind how the EF is offered to us!
They offered a full partnership, that normally means share of techs and development costs on the one side, but also lower unit costs than customers like Saudi Arabia for example has to pay!
My guess is that they want us to take some share in funding EF tranche 3, because the member countries are facing funding problems at the moment and can't efford all the aircrafts they originally ordered. The fact that they split the tranche 3 into A and B now hints also in this direction, cause that leaves funding tranche 3B (or a part of it) for us.

French Rafael knocked off $ 10 billion race for IAF fighter

indianexpress.com/news/french-rafael-knocked-off-10-billion-race-for-iaf-fighter/447745/

:usflag:

UPDATE 1-France's Dassault out of India fighter deal

By Bappa Majumdar

NEW DELHI, April 16 (Reuters) - France's Dassault Aviation is out of the running for a $10 billion contract to supply India with 126 multi-role fighter jets, an Indian defence ministry spokesman said on Thursday.

Boeing (BA.N), Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N), Russia's MiG-35, Sweden's Saab (SAABb.ST) KAS-39 Gripen and the Eurofighter Typhoon, a consortium of British, German, Italian and Spanish companies, were the other parties that submitted bids last year for the contract, one of the biggest in the world.

"Rafale did not meet the usual requirement," the spokesman told Reuters.

"The other five companies are still in the race," he said.

In Paris, a Dassault Aviation (DAST.PA) spokesman had no immediate comment on the announcement.

Dassault's other leading partners in the Rafale project include Thales (TCFP.PA), which makes the radar, and engine maker Safran (SAF.PA).

India has said it will soon begin trials of the fighter jets, as it plans to replace its ageing Soviet-era fleet. Defence officials have said the trial process could begin by end-May and could take nearly a year to test the capability of the fighters.

"It will be a long process, as we will check various things, including the capabilities of the fighters in combat scenarios," the spokesman said.

India plans to spend more than $30 billion over the next five years to modernise its largely Soviet-era weapons systems and is also launching its first military spy satellite next year. (Additional reporting by Tim Hepher in Paris; Editing by John Mair)

UPDATE 1-France's Dassault out of India fighter deal | Industries | Industrials, Materials & Utilities | Reuters

:yahoo:

First, I don't think that Typhoon is generally too expensive for us (latest news reports says a unit cost around $ 85 mil), but of course it might be the most expensive one in the competition. Maybe we should keep in mind how the EF is offered to us!
They offered a full partnership, that normally means share of techs and development costs on the one side, but also lower unit costs than customers like Saudi Arabia for example has to pay!
My guess is that they want us to take some share in funding EF tranche 3, because the member countries are facing funding problems at the moment and can't efford all the aircrafts they originally ordered. The fact that they split the tranche 3 into A and B now hints also in this direction, cause that leaves funding tranche 3B (or a part of it) for us.

This might mean lower unit cost, but the capital spent on R&D funding, and logistical development from scratch, coupled with licensing and other tidbits would really fill the basket. 85 Million$ is also the lowest figure I've heard anyone quote. IAF would also have to wait a considerable amount of time for the delivery of the newer tranches. All in all, EF Typhoon is the costliest, most complicated and also most time consuming option.

By Bappa Majumdar

NEW DELHI, April 16 (Reuters) - France's Dassault Aviation is out of the running for a $10 billion contract to supply India with 126 multi-role fighter jets, an Indian defence ministry spokesman said on Thursday.

Boeing (BA.N), Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N), Russia's MiG-35, Sweden's Saab (SAABb.ST) KAS-39 Gripen and the Eurofighter Typhoon, a consortium of British, German, Italian and Spanish companies, were the other parties that submitted bids last year for the contract, one of the biggest in the world.

In Paris, a Dassault Aviation (DAST.PA) spokesman had no immediate comment on the announcement.

Dassault's other leading partners in the Rafale project include Thales (TCFP.PA), which makes the radar, and engine maker Safran (SAF.PA).

India has said it will soon begin trials of the fighter jets, as it plans to replace its ageing Soviet-era fleet. Defence officials have said the trial process could begin by end-May and could take nearly a year to test the capability of the fighters.

"It will be a long process, as we will check various things, including the capabilities of the fighters in combat scenarios," the spokesman said.

India plans to spend more than $30 billion over the next five years to modernise its largely Soviet-era weapons systems and is also launching its first military spy satellite next year. (Additional reporting by Tim Hepher in Paris; Editing by John Mair)

UPDATE 1-France's Dassault out of India fighter deal | Industries | Industrials, Materials & Utilities | Reuters

why are you getting overjoyed . you are not getting them .!:crazy::what:

this definitely increases the chances of typhoon and f-18 . :yahoo::yahoo:

There were murmurs already of "Rafale" being out of the race... Going by the "no show" of Rafale during Aero India. The other contender not present was "Gripen".

indianexpress.com/news/french-rafael-knocked-off-10-billion-race-for-iaf-fighter/447745/

:usflag:

This had to happen....it was pretty obvious to those who interacted with the French officials during Aero-India 2009....They dug their own grave by not bringing it to the Air show...to top it all the officials were citing the cost of bringing it to the show as the major reason.

But I guess they knew something that the general public didn't. I am sure that the reason for rejection was technical and not political. If it was political then they would have at least managed to proceed to the next stage.

Anyway everyone knows that the competition is very tough and the IAF maintains the highest standards when it comes to specific operational requirements and quality. The LCA is also facing similar levels of evaluation standards.

By Bappa Majumdar

It doesn't meet the requirements? Does the IAF want an UFO?:cheesy:

dont live in self importance . i was not talking about you but about people of your country who laugh when something bad happens in india .

So you admit that the Rafale being executed so early in the tender process is a bad thing ? I thought you were happy at first? :crazy:

New Delhi:

In a shocker, the French Rafael fighter has been knocked off a $ 10 billion contract to provide 126 combat aircraft for the Indian Air Force. The French fighter, which was one of the six contenders for the race, was officially rejected by the Defence Ministry for failing to meet qualitative requirements for the contract.

The news comes as a bit of a shock as the Indian Air Force has been maintaining that all six contenders – the American F 18 and F 16, the Eurofighter Typhoon, Russian MiG 35, Swedish Gripen NG and the French fighter – had met the technical requirements.

However, a senior defence ministry official made is clear on Thursday that Rafael has been rejected at the technical evaluation stage for failing to meet minimum performance requirements that had been detailed in the tender document. The flight trials for the remaining five fighters are now expected to commence within three months, a senior MoD official said.
“They did not meet the requirements and will not proceed to the next stage. We hope to begin trials within three months with the others that have qualified,” a top Defence Ministry official said.

While the French fighter was always considered an underdog in the competition, which has been described as the largest international defence contract in the world, it was been aggressively pushed by the French government. Former President Jacques Chirac and his successor Nichols Sarkozy have been talking about the fighter in all their interactions with India.

There goes the neutrals choice. I would think the path is clear for one of the U.S Jets now:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::usflag::usflag:

New Delhi:

In a shocker, the French Rafael fighter has been knocked off a $ 10 billion contract to provide 126 combat aircraft for the Indian Air Force. The French fighter, which was one of the six contenders for the race, was officially rejected by the Defence Ministry for failing to meet qualitative requirements for the contract.

The news comes as a bit of a shock as the Indian Air Force has been maintaining that all six contenders – the American F 18 and F 16, the Eurofighter Typhoon, Russian MiG 35, Swedish Gripen NG and the French fighter – had met the technical requirements.

However, a senior defence ministry official made is clear on Thursday that Rafael has been rejected at the technical evaluation stage for failing to meet minimum performance requirements that had been detailed in the tender document. The flight trials for the remaining five fighters are now expected to commence within three months, a senior MoD official said.
“They did not meet the requirements and will not proceed to the next stage. We hope to begin trials within three months with the others that have qualified,” a top Defence Ministry official said.

While the French fighter was always considered an underdog in the competition, which has been described as the largest international defence contract in the world, it was been aggressively pushed by the French government. Former President Jacques Chirac and his successor Nichols Sarkozy have been talking about the fighter in all their interactions with India.

There goes the neutrals choice. I would think the path is clear for one of the U.S Jets now:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::usflag::usflag:

man, your first post is a shocker......links???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom