What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRCA is for plugging the gap in squadron strength , if that money is pumped into R&D what will be the alternative.. ?

Tie the missiles and radars on scientists and throw them at enemy? :what:

plugging which gap ????? when our coffins are killing young pilots , this whole filling the gap sound bullshyt.

it took too much time and if its delayed by some more time - because of change of govt or budget or lazyness - this will get worst.

mrca should have been placed and done deal - at-least 2 years ago.

technology is fast fading obsolete. by new upcoming fifth gen and ucav ,

MRCA is for plugging the gap in squadron strength , if that money is pumped into R&D what will be the alternative.. ?

Tie the missiles and radars on scientists and throw them at enemy? :what:

Pakistan was facing the same situation...or 40 years old Mirages and F7..the gap was going wide...but they still invested in JF17....1 beacuse no other country was willing and if willing they was no assurity that the sale will go till the end....2nd the policy makers or the Generals do study abt any possible conflict and they also study the power of the enemy....as far as indian policy makers are concern they also do the same...they also study and know very well the potential power of PAF in any conflict...the point I am trying to tell is that they could easily afford to send this money for R&D and put pressure for LCA tejjas...now If i take word from any Indian member that it is 4+ gen fighter then why do u need MRCA...tejjas is late MRCA is late...this MRCA is becoming pride issue for all countries and can make indian possition very bad at the end...

plugging which gap ????? when our coffins are killing young pilots , this whole filling the gap sound bullshyt.
No its actually true. I don't know why you said that. I mean every Indian knows the status of our Migs, how many pilots they have killed. If by chance we get into a war with Pakistan at the moment, we would face a very big blow.

We really need these fighters...

Its not fading so fast. Right now only US has fifth gen fighters. Only by 2020, 12-15 countries will be able to field fifth gen fighters and except US, Russia, China, India and England rest of the countries will not field enough 5th gen fighters.

As far as the reports are coming many countries are even backing out of the F35 project even the big countries like UK are thinking of relying on their Typhoon instead of F35.

Even france has no plans for 5th gen fighter. Yeah they have a plan for a UCAV but it will take time.

As far as the UCAV are concerned only US has made sufficient development in this field. It would take them 5-10 years to make the final prototype of UCAV and then the production would start. Rest of the UCAV are far away, they would come in production only between 2020-2025.

it took too much time and if its delayed by some more time - because of change of govt or budget or lazyness - this will get worst.

mrca should have been placed and done deal - at-least 2 years ago.

I do agree MRCA deal is a delayed one.. but the fighters competing including EF,Rafale, Gripen, Mig are quite new...

technology is obsolete?:what:

We dont need 100% fighters that is 5th gen.. 4.5 will also have its role.. and they too will evolve..

Apart from US no country has anything in its fleet and they do operate 4 and 4.5 fighters and will operate for a long time..

Our procurement plan for FGFA is on track.. so worries..

Chill guys
all this is not going to make a significant impact on Sqd strength
THE 6 MONTH delay which u guys see is becoz of offset negotiations with vendors
As u know GOI wants critical subsystem as part of 50% Offset , not useless subsystems like the case of C130 Hercules
Believe me MOD and IAF have already shortlisted the fighters for which it will begin negotiations
Earliar it was said that Shortlist would be annouced after Aero India while contract would be signed in June
Now knowing Indian Babus and Negotiators , they simply cannot complete the Bargaining within 3-4 Months after announcement of Shortlist , u have to give them 8-12 Months
Even if mmrca is signed by end of 2011 , it would still be good
Let me tell u another thing If mmrca induction is delayed Beyond 2015 , IAF will order another batch of 30-40 Su30mki of upgraded standard

THE 6 MONTH delay which u guys see is becoz of offset negotiations with vendors
There was a reports a couple of months back that offset negotiations are completed.

Let me tell u another thing If mmrca induction is delayed Beyond 2015
I hope you are wrong because if this is true then it would be by 2022-2025 that these fighters will be fully inducted in our IAF.
I thought the induction was to start from 2013.

MMRCA deselect to top 3 contenders during Aero india next month.

Winner to be annouced 6 months later between July and Sept

First sqd to be formed 18 months later ie mid 2013

L;icense production to start a further 18 months after 1st Sdq. ie 2015

Total 126 (108 license build over 7 years) = 2022

I think we wil have all mmrca aircraft by 2017? 2022 seems far fetched and surely IAF will not wait that long for these aircraft. Think about it. Mig 21 bis can only be operational til 2017. The gap needs to be filed quickly so we won't have to air till 2022 for all mmrca planes.

Last edited:
I think we wil have all mmrca aircraft by 2017
108 fighters/3 =36 fighter per year (2015,16 & 17).

Its hard, we don't have this big infrastructure. Also HAL and ADA will also be busy in LCA and Su30 mki. I don't think its possible right now. We produce around 12-15 Su30 mki per year(please correct if i am wrong). Similar kind of production unit will be there for LCA also.

^^ i didnt think of the fact we have other planes we will be manufacturing. But if HAL knows that they are faced with this ordeal and know their infrastrcture is not sufficent enough, dont they address that to the gov't so they can build more factories on order to match the demand? i mean it is our country's air defence at stake.

I think we wil have all mmrca aircraft by 2017
i didnt think of the fact we have other planes we will be manufacturing
I am sorry but this is the current situation.

But if HAL knows that they are faced with this ordeal and know their infrastrcture is not sufficent enough, dont they address that to the gov't so they can build more factories on order to match the demand?
Yeah HAL is increasing the capacity because right now we don't have the facility to even produce a new aircraft. HAL is expanding its capacity but i don't think we would be producing more than 10-15 MMRCA per year along with 30-35 other fighters(LCA and MKI). Actually it would be a big facility in all but our problem is that by that time we would be producing 3 different fighters simultaneously. Just tell me which country does that ??

Deadline Emerges For India's $10B Warplane Deal

NEW DELHI - India could award the $10 billion Medium Multirole Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) contract by the end of the year, according to the country's defense minister.

M.M. Pallam Raju, the minister of state for defense, said on the sidelines of a Jan. 19 conference here that the warplane contest could be decided by December. The conference was hosted by an industrial lobby group, the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.

"I am hopeful of awarding it by the end of this year," Raju said.

The MMRCA program, for the purchase of 126 planes, is running behind schedule, The Indian Defence Ministry has made no formal announcement on the short-listing of aircraft after flight trials last year.

Raju said the ministry still has to carry out a comparative analysis of different vendors in terms of offset and transfer of technology offers before the financial bids are opened.

Earlier this month, a secret file pertaining to the MMRCA's offset program was lost and later recovered by Delhi police. An internal inquiry by the Defence Ministry has so far not named any individual behind the lapse, sources said.

Six aircraft vying for the MMRCA contract went through field evaluations, a series of flight trials and ground tests, in mid-2010. They include two U.S. fighter jets, Boeing's F/A-18 and Lockheed Martin's F-16, as well as the Rafale, built by France's Dassault; the MiG-35, built by RAC MiG of Russia; the Eurofighter Typhoon; and the Gripen, built by Saab of Sweden.

Damn, we have to wait one more year???? Buy the damn thing already.....ggggeeezzzzzz:hang2:

Here comes Super Hornet with its new Goodies..

SH-Growth.jpg

SH-growth2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom