What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, especially the A2G missiles and heavy PGMs, but at the lower range (250KG LGB for example) it lacks behind and the US weapon pack is undeniably the best when you want quality and low costs. The European offer to some extend even better weapons, but by the fact that they go to less wars, they produce their weapons in lower numbers of course.
However, the Su 35 is not part of the MMRCA and we have the same load and weapons through the MKI anyway. What we need now is something in addition to them and a fighter in addition to the MKI.

yes!mki is similar to Su 35 but we never heard about RCS of mki from anysource unlike SU 35 ,also SU 35 is truely a multirole craft unlike mki whose primary role is air superiorty . Btw cant we fuse western weapons into Mki or su 35 ??

My vote is for eurofighter!! eurofighter ftv! :D
EADS has invited India to become a partner of the Eurofighter Typhoon programme if the Typhoon wins the contract, and will be given technological and development participation in future tranches of the Typhoon.[35] Bernhard Gerwert, CEO of EADS Defense Department, elaborated that if India becomes the fifth partner of the Eurofighter programme, it will be able to manufacture assemblies for new Eurofighters.
Bernhard Gerwert, CEO of military air systems, said that India is invited to join the Eurofighter Typhoon programme as a partner. The production of the Eurofighter Typhoon will create thousands of new jobs in India. He also said that in order to win the contract, EADS would move avionics jobs from Germany to India.

hi DBC !LOL DO YOU HAVE ANY F/A 18 loadout chart ??

Something like this or what.?

000-Super-Bug-loadout.jpg

The only F16 loadout that I found:

f-16_load.jpg

F/A-18 can operate off roads too​

The Boeing F/A-18 Hornet is capable of operating off public roads like the Saab-built Gripen.

At least, that’s what the Finnish Air Force has been doing with its F/A-18 C&D Hornets. As the images below show, the legacy Hornet seems to have the same expeditionary capabilities as the Gripen.

But can the larger F/A-18 Super Hornet do the same?

“Indeed the Super Hornet can do everything the Classic does – only better! It has a lower landing speed due to the big wing – of course it is a bit wider and heavier, so that is a consideration – but built to operate in spartan conditions and of course, the wing fold makes a difference when pulling off the roadway. The self-contained test and start with the on-board Auxilliary Power Unit means no special equipment needs to be transported to accommodate ground operations,” says Richard S. McCrary, head of Boeing’s F/A-18 campaign in India and former SR-71 Blackbird pilot.

McCrary also provides visual evidence of the ruggedness of the aircraft in this image of high crosswind landing tests on the dry lake at Edwards Air Force Base in the US.

The aircraft is in the race to win the Indian Air Force (IAF) tender for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA).

HN-stb-small-450-x-299.jpg

Landing-450-x-264.jpg

Redigo-+-hornets-450-x-295.jpg

Road-Base-hook-450-x-338.jpg

Road-Base-hook2-450-x-338.jpg

Road-Base3-450-x-338.jpg

Takeoff-450-x-261.jpg

Saab to bring Gripen trio to Aero India

Swedish defense major Saab is planning to get three Gripen NG aircraft to Aero India, the air show in Bangalore due to be held next month. Inderjit Sial, head of Saab in India told StratPost that while two of the aircraft would conduct flight displays, the third would be on static display. The aircraft is in the race to win the Indian Air Force (IAF) tender for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA).

The company is also flying in two other aircraft, the Saab 2000, which it is pitching in response to the Indian Navy’s Request for Information (RFI) for Medium Range Maritime Reconnaissance (MRMR) aircraft, as well as the Saab 340, a 34-seater aircraft in which the company hopes to interest the Indian Coast Guard in association with the Indian company, Punj Lloyd. The Coast Guard is expected to lease a total of 12 aircraft for maritime patrol.

Saab will also display its RBS-15 Anti-Ship Missile and its Giraffe MB radar which it hopes to offer the Indian Navy as part of a network of coastal defense batteries, as well as its RBS-70 MANPADS missile system and HARD radar, which it is pitching to the Indian armed forces.

Besides this, the company will show off its Head Up Display (HUD) built in association with Samtel for light helicopters and aircraft, which will allow operations in weather conditions that require CAT III facilities.

Saab to bring Gripen trio to Aero India

SOURCE STRAT POST -US defense and aerospace company Boeing is offering a charged-up engine to power its F/A-18 Super Hornet, in the race to win the Indian Air Force (IAF) tender for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA).
The engine, called the GE F414 EPE (Enhanced Performance Engine), will provide 20 per cent additional thrust to the aircraft. According to Richard S. McCrary, who leads Boeing’s F/A-18 Super Hornet campaign in India, no changes would be required in the aircraft since the aircraft was designed ab initio to accommodate this evolved engine.
Dr. Vivek Lall, the head of Boeing’s Defense, Space and Security unit in India says that from its inception, the Super Hornet was designed to accommodate additional inlet airflow beyond the current F414 demand in anticipation of future capability enhancements and that technology upgrades for the engine are currently under development with GE Aviation.
The EPE takes advantage of this inherent airframe growth capability through enhancements to the fan and core, resulting in a 20% increase in thrust with no changes to the aircraft structure or outer moldline.
“The EPE includes an upgraded core with an advanced High Pressure Turbine (HPT) and six-stage High Pressure Compressor (HPC) plus a new fan for greater airflow, resulting in a 20% thrust improvement. EPE enhancements also offer greater operational flexibility with reduced fuel consumption. At the maintenance level, the EPE engine provides a more Foreign Object Damage-tolerant compressor to further lower Operating and Support cost,” says McCrary, a former SR-71 Blackbird pilot in an emailed response, refuting any idea that the Super Hornet might be under-powered.
He also says, “The EPE is planned to meet initial delivery timeline should the F/A-18E/F be selected as the MMRCA.”
GE Aviation’s says on its website that the latest F414 advanced-technology demonstrator engine forms the baseline for this engine and has completed a test program that utilized a two-stage, all-blisk (integrated blade and disk) fan, an advanced six-stage high-pressure compressor (HPC) and a new high-pressure turbine (HPT) design. “The engine ran to 100 percent of maximum steady-state core speed and successfully completed all program objectives during more than 20 hours of testing.”
Incidentally, Boeing plans to fly in at least two Super Hornets and a C-17 heavy lift aircraft to Aero India, the air show in Bangalore, next month.

Last edited:
^^^

It would be better if you can format the text so that its readable.

Boeing offers suped-up F/A-18 for MMRCA | StratPost
US defense and aerospace company Boeing is offering a charged-up engine to power its F/A-18 Super Hornet, in the race to win the Indian Air Force (IAF) tender for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA). The engine, called the GE F414 EPE (Enhanced Performance Engine), will provide 20 per cent additional thrust to the aircraft. According to Richard S. McCrary, who leads Boeing ’s F/ A-18 Super Hornet campaign in India, no changes would be required in the aircraft since the aircraft was designed ab initio to accommodate this
evolved engine. Dr. Vivek Lall, the head of Boeing’s Defense, Space and Security unit in India says that from its inception, the Super
Hornet was designed to accommodate additional inlet airflow beyond the current F414 demand in anticipation of future capability enhancements and that technology upgrades for the engine are currently under development with GE Aviation. The EPE takes advantage of this inherent airframe growth capability through enhancements to the fan and core, resulting in a 20% increase in thrust with no changes to the aircraft structure or outer moldline. “The EPE includes an upgraded core with an advanced High Pressure Turbine (HPT) and six-stage High Pressure Compressor (HPC) plus a new fan for greater airflow, resulting in a 20% thrust improvement. EPE enhancements also offer greater operational flexibility with reduced fuel consumption. At the maintenance level, the EPE engine provides a more Foreign Object Damage- tolerant compressor to further lower Operating and Support cost,” says McCrary, a former SR-71 Blackbird pilot in an emailed response, refuting any idea that the Super Hornet might be under-powered. He also says, “The EPE is planned to meet initial delivery timeline should the F/A-18E/F be selected as the MMRCA. ” GE Aviation ’s says on its website that the latest F414 advanced-technology demonstrator engine forms the baseline for this engine and has completed a test program that utilized a two-stage, all- blisk (integrated blade and disk) fan, an advanced six-stage high-pressure compressor (HPC) and a new high-pressure turbine (HPT) design. “The engine ran to 100 percent of maximum steady-state core speed and successfully completed all program objectives during more than 20 hours of testing. ” Incidentally, Boeing plans to fly in at least two Super Hornets and a C-17 heavy lift aircraft to Aero India, the air show in Bangalore, next month.

I bet Sancho was hoping I'd forgotten all about our little discussion about EPE engines when he read the above post. Let me refresh your mind, Sancho claimed the EPE enhanced thrust engine wasn't "funded" and since it wasn't "funded" it wasn't developed and wouldn't be ready for initial delivery in 2014.

You guys think Mr Sancho is man enough to admit he was wrong! :lol:

I bet Sancho was hoping I'd forgotten all about our little discussion about EPE engines when he read the above post. Let me refresh your mind, Sancho claimed the EPE enhanced thrust engine wasn't "funded" and since it wasn't "funded" it wasn't developed and wouldn't be ready for initial delivery in 2014.

most of the people won't even accepting that Grien NG is ready , but now SAAB also coming at Aero2011 with three fighters...

Actually I was hoping that you finally would come with "any" source, or proof for all your claims, but that might remain a hope only. :)

Lets look at the article once again:

US defense and aerospace company Boeing is offering a charged-up engine to power its F/A-18 Super Hornet, in the race to win the Indian Air Force (IAF) tender for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA)...

...The EPE is planned to meet initial delivery timeline should the F/A-18E/F be selected as the MMRCA. ” GE Aviation ’s says on its website that the latest F414 advanced-technology demonstrator engine forms the baseline for this engine and has completed a test program

Facts:

1) There is not a single word regarding the funding of the EPE!
2) Boeing is offering the EPE to India and it can be developed in 4 years, but that was stated often before and again tells us nothing about the funding of the development!
3) GE itself states that the engine will be based on the demonstrator that completed the tests now, but once again, nothing about who will fund the further development to the real EPE engine!

Conclusion:

Nothing new, Boeing knows that their fighter is underpowered compared to the competitiors (except to the Gripen) and as I showed before, will be technologically behind as well. The obvious solution are upgrades, but as long neither USN, nor any export customer funds them, they are nothing but possible future upgrades.

Show me a single proof that the real EPE (not the demonstrator, or EDE) is funded and I will admit it, otherwise stop these baseless claims. :pop:

Show me a single proof that the real EPE (not the demonstrator, or EDE) is funded and I will admit it, otherwise stop these baseless claims. :pop:

DBC.. the long discussion will come to a conclusion ..shown every one the proof .. that EPE is already funded and a time line is provided that F18E/F will be out from hanger with EPE engine .. katham thatham..

Reactions: dbc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom