What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, because they lost mainly against cheaper US fighters with political pressure behind it. Against European fighters, their chances are much higher, because the costs care more comparable and politically they can offer sometime even more (Swiss, Brazil).

I said chances to win and in both competitions, the Gripen is not really a front runner. As I said, the highest chances are still in Brazil so far.

Both not correct, Oman had no real competition and F18 for UAE are nothing more than rumors in the media.

Actually it hasn't, because beeing cheap won't help in such competitions, if you don't have any political, or strategic support. Gripen is a good fighter and still found only 2 real export custormers, that bought hardly 40 fighters. Gripen NG is on offer for years, but no customer wants it and even the Swedish forces don't buy it so far. So the future of Gripen is way more in trouble than you might believe.

The new president chose the same defense minister again and he is pro Rafale. The new president will take her own look on the things of course, but so far Rafale is still leading, especially because it is the obvious choice as a strategic partner for Brazil. It will be a political choice there as well!

Again, that's only the planed number, T3B is not ordered so far, only T3A and including them, only 559 EFs are on order now.
Italy already reduced the T3B order in favour of F35s and will probably switch completely, UK agreed even to T3A only under German pressure. Germany is reducing the military size dramatically and a cut of the last batch is beeing discussed as well.
So forget about planed stuff, the reality now is totally different!

Neuron is only planed to be a tech demonstrator so far, but it will be interesting if BAE now would join as well and combine their UCAV development with the current Neuron partners. Maybe then they will switch to a real aircraft development.

HEY SANCHO DO YOU HAVE ANY WEAPON LOAOUT OPTION CHART of F 16 IN/block 60 ?

RAFALE TANNING OVER NORMANDY BEACH :smitten:
ae4d615b-acc4-4e70-b0e6-487f789a1bbc.Large.jpg

@ sancho Actully i compared the weapon loadout of SU 35 vs F/A 18 SH ,to be honest SU 35 impressed me much .

i think the EF should win it,puerly because we will gain a lot of tech from the ToT :tup:

hurray my 100th post on:pdf::flame::flame:
:yahoo::yahoo::bunny::bunny:

@ sancho Actully i compared the weapon loadout of SU 35 vs F/A 18 SH ,to be honest SU 35 impressed me much .

It is, especially the A2G missiles and heavy PGMs, but at the lower range (250KG LGB for example) it lacks behind and the US weapon pack is undeniably the best when you want quality and low costs. The European offer to some extend even better weapons, but by the fact that they go to less wars, they produce their weapons in lower numbers of course.
However, the Su 35 is not part of the MMRCA and we have the same load and weapons through the MKI anyway. What we need now is something in addition to them and a fighter in addition to the MKI.

i think the EF should win it,puerly because we will gain a lot of tech from the ToT :tup:

hurray my 100th post on:pdf::flame::flame:
:yahoo::yahoo::bunny::bunny:

Thats what i thought but now I changed my mind as India will be a partner in the project which is already established we only benefit in gaining technology in future upgrades.

The F/A-18 E/F can carry up to 18 JAGM's the JAGM's multi-mode seeker makes it a versatile weapons now that's capability the Sukhoi may never have. :coffee:

Ive been following this MRCA tender for many a moon now. My first choice was the Gripen NG I later changed to the EF typoon and now after hearing much debate I have again changed to the Rafale my only concern with this plane is a lower thrust on the engine compared to the EF but I feel France will give us more tech transfer.

It is, especially the A2G missiles and heavy PGMs, but at the lower range (250KG LGB for example) it lacks behind and the US weapon pack is undeniably the best when you want quality and low costs. The European offer to some extend even better weapons, but by the fact that they go to less wars, they produce their weapons in lower numbers of course.
However, the Su 35 is not part of the MMRCA and we have the same load and weapons through the MKI anyway. What we need now is something in addition to them and a fighter in addition to the MKI.

I think only draw back of MKI is RCS

Plus the SU-35 has a more powerful engine to the MK1 but we can upgrade later if we wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom