What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
MIG-35 (almost same as MIG-29K which we already have). The new MIG has the AESA radar but offers nothing new from Mig-29 and more over its for air superiority.

Is it a bad deal? Honestly, this is the best option for IAF but of course F-16 is tempting.

Its not about good or bad deal. Every aircraft has its advantages and disadvantages. MIG just doesn't measure up to what is expected out of MMRCA (medium multi-role combat aircraft). First, there's only few proto-types built, no production line and none in Russian airforce (so far). Second, does not offer any new political advantage. Third, India does not want to limit the entire fleet only with Russian tech. So, why not just swap the old radar with new AESA and other upgrades in MIG-29K to make equal to MIG-35. Sounds reasonable...?

Last edited:
Its not about good or bad deal. Every aircraft has its advantages and disadvantages. MIG just doesn't measure up to what is expected out of MMRCA (medium multi-role combat aircraft). First, there's only few proto-types built, no production line and none in Russian airforce (so far). Second, does not offer any new political advantage. Third, India does not want to limit the entire fleet only with Russian tech. So, why not just swap the old radar with new AESA and other upgrades in MIG-29K to make equal to MIG-35. Sounds reasonable...?

Why cant we co produce the russian AESA radar for Tejas?:yahoo:

The early we opened our eyes ,the better position we going to be.. My dad is in SAM 6 PECHORA SQN and he use to tell me how russian arm twist indians and let us pay huge amount of money in the name of after sales care ,even for the missile carriers,towing like kraz,urals,compressors etc . No body is saint here,they made their point that there vehicles spare parts should only be purchased from them else they going to sue for breaching the contracts even many of the vehicles are 20 old.Nothing is free,its all farce that russian equipments are cheap and economical.

I must say we doing the same mistake again by joining hands with them for pak fa and MTA.. Just simply concentrate on our indigineous weapon system like LCA MK2,AMCA ,SARAS ,AURA etc .. Atleast we can say these stuff will be with us only.

I must say we doing the same mistake again by joining hands with them for pak fa and MTA.. Just simply concentrate on our indigineous weapon system like LCA MK2,AMCA ,SARAS ,AURA etc .. Atleast we can say these stuff will be with us only.
Sorry to interrupt. I dont usually post on Indian threads as anything i'll say will be consider troll. But allow me this once.

I can't understand why Indians feels that having a project with another country is a mistake. Look at Dhruv. Its yours but with little help of French you made it on time. It also scored few exports. There no shame in it. thats how things works. If you say no we dont want help from anyone. Its a mistake. Then it was a bye bye for Dhruv.

Look at LCA. Its good the plane is going to be inducted soon. Nice effort. But still dont you thing doing everything on your own stretched its timeline a little too long.

As long staying things will be with you concerns you'll sale weapons to other countries just like Dhruv. Don't you want costumers for Arjun. so in the end you wont be the only user.

most of the parts of pak fa and MTA will be menufecture in india but the most inportent part the engine will still be imported from russia...

i hope somehow we can fly MTA with kerveri engines..

Sorry to interrupt. I dont usually post on Indian threads as anything i'll say will be consider troll. But allow me this once.

I can't understand why Indians feels that having a project with another country is a mistake. Look at Dhruv. Its yours but with little help of French you made it on time. It also scored few exports. There no shame in it. thats how things works. If you say no we dont want help from anyone. Its a mistake. Then it was a bye bye for Dhruv.

Look at LCA. Its good the plane is going to be inducted soon. Nice effort. But still dont you thing doing everything on your own stretched its timeline a little too long.

As long staying things will be with you concerns you'll sale weapons to other countries just like Dhruv. Don't you want costumers for Arjun. so in the end you wont be the only user.

hope you heard about turbomeca debacle ?? and thankfully there nothing russian in dhruv else again we have to pay from our noses.Arjun mbt is already developed without russian assistance and CVRDE started manufacturing this already,its no longer looking for customer as indian army is quiet enough to fulfill there order bag and you can expect couple of more order here with 124 +124 within 2years.USE Indian ,buy Indian that should be our moto:coffee:

most of the parts of pak fa and MTA will be menufecture in india but the most inportent part the engine will still be imported from russia...

i hope somehow we can fly MTA with kerveri engines..

lucky transport plane fly on high-bypass turbofan engine. there is no way we can use a low bypass engine like kavari for MTA

We could have but we already are with Israel in ELTA 520 Hybrid :undecided:

So far I know, Elta is Multi Mode Radar, not an AESA.

Since IAF wants to incorporate an AESA into Tejas in MK-2, why don't we pick russian Radar.

We must have got the abilities of the same while we testing for MMRCA, Mig-35, so take out the radar if it is worthy and incorporate into Tejas.

So far I know, Elta is Multi Mode Radar, not an AESA.

Since IAF wants to incorporate an AESA into Tejas in MK-2, why don't we pick russian Radar.

We must have got the abilities of the same while we testing for MMRCA, Mig-35, so take out the radar if it is worthy and incorporate into Tejas.

Hmnn But do You think these radars could be accommodated into Tejas?? Where as Indigenous AESA Has been put to Use in several other ways, We are yet to miniaturize it to Be fixed on a fighter aircraft....

Lets Wait and See If Indigenous AESA is ready by that Time frame....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom