What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you pls paste the entire entry if possible as Im at work and that page is blocked..? :(

Can you pls paste the entire entry if possible as Im at work and that page is blocked..? :(

"No Connection Between Tejas MK-II Engine and MMRCA": IAF Chief
IAF chief Air Chief Marshal PV Naik today asserted that there was "no connection" between the GE F414 engine selection for the Tejas MK-II and the Indian MMRCA competition. He was asked if the F414's selection would provide any considerably advantage to the two platforms in the MMRCA that were powered by the same engine. His reply: "No, there is no connection."

enzoy

then it sure is a great news as the indian govt. always look for relating different matters and delaying everything... It's a good thing then...

Common people -- You all really think IAF chief would admit that there is a connection ? Such an admission would automatically raise legal issues and would leave all the participating vendors fuming -- since they were not informed of such a condition.

No any implications of LCA engine selection would be indirect -- it will have a role to play in the selection especially if one is faced with a GE engine fighter and one non GE engine fighter.

Common people -- You all really think IAF chief would admit that there is a connection ? Such an admission would automatically raise legal issues and would leave all the participating vendors fuming -- since they were not informed of such a condition.

No any implications of LCA engine selection would be indirect -- it will have a role to play in the selection especially if one is faced with a GE engine fighter and one non GE engine fighter.

Brother, no offfence but whom are you referring to as common people here..? We all are the same and never forget that.... And if what's told earlier is not correct then this will be a controversial issue as then the IAF chief would be in trouble for airing something that's not relevant and true.... What I knew from the very beginning is that this engine thing is directly related to the MRCA deal as the party finally getting selected for the supply of engines for LCA would have an upper hand in the competition and moreover it would be very much convenient for our maintainance crew to maintain the engines for both LCA and whichever aircraft that gets selected finally..... But I personally feel that it should not be a deciding factor even to be concidered for the MRCA deal.... As this engine only is equipping the Super Hornet(GE F414-GE-400) and Gripen (GE F414G).... and the SH is now topping the charts according to the unofficial information... As US is also offerring India with the development of Hornet in future which sure is interesting and attractive, but no one has seen the future..... We all can just hope for something that's good and rather best for us......

We should not forget that common engine with LCA will reduce the costs of MRCA by ~12%. and 12% is surely a huge amount.

I think you guys should go for the Super Bug, its the most capable A2G aircraft here, mature AESA, twin engine(your cup of tea) you could also bargain for atleast 50 of them to be wired as Growlers for future EW upgrades, this will make them even more deadlier....:sniper:

Even if F-18 wins the people concerned will term it as pure coincidence and move on... :lol:

We should not forget that common engine with LCA will reduce the costs of MRCA by ~12%. and 12% is surely a huge amount.

That way we just are left with Rafale and Super hornet then.. Which I believe is a good thing again... But Rafale is going to be a very expensive deal for us as seeing the current behavior of France with the upgradation of the Mirages that we operate to the Mk-II standards... Hornets on the other hand is again a good options only if you concider all the added offers that US is offerring now but do you really think that future projections should be strong enough for choosing a jet over an other......?

when IAF keep buying SU-30 , getting MIG-29 upgraded , planing to buy 250 FGFA .....

why then MIG-35 been the least faverate to win MMRCA ..

when IAF keep buying SU-30 , getting MIG-29 upgraded , planing to buy 250 FGFA .....

why then MIG-35 been the least faverate to win MMRCA ..

Politics and strategy too play a big role in choice of weaponry. Those deals are to keep our old lover happy and the MRCA is to make new love with a chick getting increasingly close to us recently. If u know what i mean.

Politics and strategy too play a big role in choice of weaponry. Those deals are to keep our old lover happy and the MRCA is to make new love with a chick getting increasingly close to us recently. If u know what i mean.

there also another lover "france"....mirage upgrade deal still hanging..

but my point was not that , IAF has not made any statement that MIG-35 is out of MMRCA , it's more in the public domain ..

not knowing about IAF/MoD but surely MIG-35 is least favorate in public domain.....

why ?

Last edited:
there also another lover "france"....mirage upgrade deal still hanging..

but my point was not that , IAF has not made any statement that MIG-35 is out of MMRCA , it's more in the public domain ..

not knowing about IAF/MoD but surely MIG-35 is least favorate in public domain.....

why ?

Only coz of the bad reputation of Mig jets (Mig-21,27) of technical lags.

If you see the feature wise of all MMRCA contenders, Mig-35 is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom