What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

According to the release, the proposed strategic partnership will also focus on promoting Research and development projects under the IDDM program (Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured), a new initiative of India’s Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. This new JV will support Prime Minister Modi’s “Make in India” and “Skill India” policies and develop major Indian programs with high levels of technology transfer to benefit the entire aerospace sector, the release added.

Commenting on the JV, Anil Ambani, chairman of Reliance Group said, “This is a transformational moment for the Indian Aerospace sector and for Reliance Infrastructure’s subsidiary Reliance Aerospace.” “We are delighted to partner a world leader in aviation like Dassault Aviation, and a visionary leader like Eric Trappier,” he said.

Eric Trappier, Dassault Aviation Chairman & CEO said, “The formation of this Joint venture with Reliance Aerospace led by Anil Ambani’s Reliance Group illustrates our strong commitment to establish ourselves in India and to develop strategic industrial partnerships under the “Make in India” policy promoted by the Indian Government.”

http://www.financialexpress.com/ind...-fighter-jet-iaf-make-in-india-offset/402719/

• A big step for MII hurdle also cleared..
  • Now component level facility will be up..
  • Next would be assembling and sub assembling level work and creation of the ecosystem with skills
  • Then should be the ability to do CKD/SKD based assembling...
  • Looks like Raffy from Indian plant is not very far away judging by the plan and its progress..
  • We should see some progress in Indian Rafale order as well may be in next 1 year...

@Skull and Bones - Your post got answered.. Looks like MII plan is now in action surely

In fact i have a very completely hand written commented SITAC photo (we used a photo from a Vianney article), but i'm not home, and far from beloved files.... (in fact i'm closer to india atm than home). Will try to process while back home.

edit : late answering to request.

In fact i have a very completely hand written commented SITAC photo (we used a photo from a Vianney article), but i'm not home, and far from beloved files.... (in fact i'm closer to india atm than home). Will try to process while back home.

edit : late answering to request.
We all will eagerly wait for that !!!

According to the release, the proposed strategic partnership will also focus on promoting Research and development projects under the IDDM program (Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured), a new initiative of India’s Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. This new JV will support Prime Minister Modi’s “Make in India” and “Skill India” policies and develop major Indian programs with high levels of technology transfer to benefit the entire aerospace sector, the release added.

Commenting on the JV, Anil Ambani, chairman of Reliance Group said, “This is a transformational moment for the Indian Aerospace sector and for Reliance Infrastructure’s subsidiary Reliance Aerospace.” “We are delighted to partner a world leader in aviation like Dassault Aviation, and a visionary leader like Eric Trappier,” he said.

Eric Trappier, Dassault Aviation Chairman & CEO said, “The formation of this Joint venture with Reliance Aerospace led by Anil Ambani’s Reliance Group illustrates our strong commitment to establish ourselves in India and to develop strategic industrial partnerships under the “Make in India” policy promoted by the Indian Government.”

http://www.financialexpress.com/ind...-fighter-jet-iaf-make-in-india-offset/402719/

• A big step for MII hurdle also cleared..
  • Now component level facility will be up..
  • Next would be assembling and sub assembling level work and creation of the ecosystem with skills
  • Then should be the ability to do CKD/SKD based assembling...
  • Looks like Raffy from Indian plant is not very far away judging by the plan and its progress..
  • We should see some progress in Indian Rafale order as well may be in next 1 year...

@Skull and Bones - Your post got answered.. Looks like MII plan is now in action surely
Left and liberals will start making up stories with this Reliance link. :mad:

Reliance ties up with Dassault to execute Rafale offsets

"This is the largest offset contract to be executed by any defence company in India till date," Reliance said.
Dassault Aviation of France has entered into a partnership with Reliance group to execute offsets for the recently concluded deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets.

The joint venture called “Dassault Reliance Aerospace” was jointly announced by Dassault Aviation Chairman & CEO Eric Trappier and Reliance Group Chairman Anil Dhirubhai Ambani.

“This is the largest offset contract to be executed by any defence company in India till date,” Reliance said in a statement on Monday as the contract value is estimated up to Rs. 30,000 crore.

“The proposed strategic partnership between Dassault and Reliance will also focus on promoting research and development projects under the IDDM program (Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured)…,” the statement added, referring to the new provision introduced in the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2016.

Last month, India and France signed an Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) for 36 Rafale multi-role jets in fly-away condition worth €7.87 billion or about Rs. 59,000 crore. The deal has a 50 per cent offset clause to be executed by Dassault and its partners in India.

Industry sources said that the JV will focus on aero structures, electronics and engines and intends to infrastructure and supply chain in India for the aerospace sector.

A huge integrated facility is proposed to be set up at Reliance Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Nagpur. Work is expected to begin in the next couple of months and production intended to begin within 12 months, sources told The Hindu.

“The offsets are only for seven years but the JV will be part of the global supply chain of Rafale jets to support the larger program,” one industry observer noted.

Given the scale of the contract, the JV will partner with 100 odd Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) for sourcing and contracting.

The government expects the offsets to bring in much needed expertise to build the domestic defence and aerospace industry.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-to-execute-rafale-offsets/article9179906.ece

Frankly don't like the the selection of ADAG group. They are one bunch of inefficient guys and also have loads of chinese loans on their other businesses. Risk of compromise is high.
I agree financial position wise they are not at all a sound group.. I would always advocate a better name like Tata or even L&T. Perhaps choice lies from the aspect that DA can control ADAG group company much better than may be other entities like L&T (already involved with GOI) and Tata (Big name and also US ventures).

I remember in due diligence i hav said before DA asked details on this aspect

upload_2016-10-3_15-48-37.png

https://defence.pk/threads/dassault...ussions-thread-2.230070/page-301#post-8593571

Thats why i guess Samtel and Bharat Electronics are also there as part of this deal.. But still I am interested really to understand what Anil Ambani may have given as guarantee to get the backing from financial positioning purposes. The group has way too much exposure in industries which have long gestation cycles, thin margins and humongous debt which will require refinancing at some point of time surely.

This is the biggest naive mistake on part of Dassault to tie up with bankrupt and corrupt ADAG which also has 0 experience and knowledge of defense industry. This tie up might increase political temp and there might be allegations too in future

I agree financial position wise they are not at all a sound group.. I would always advocate a better name like Tata or even L&T. Perhaps choice lies from the aspect that DA can control ADAG group company much better than may be other entities like L&T (already involved with GOI) and Tata (Big name and also US ventures).

I remember in due diligence i hav said before DA asked details on this aspect

View attachment 340219

https://defence.pk/threads/dassault...ussions-thread-2.230070/page-301#post-8593571

Thats why i guess Samtel and Bharat Electronics are also there as part of this deal.. But still I am interested really to understand what Anil Ambani may have given as guarantee to get the backing from financial positioning purposes. The group has way too much exposure in industries which have long gestation cycles, thin margins and humongous debt which will require refinancing at some point of time surely.
Foresight tell us , that it is a possibility that every private player is getting a piece of a pie in defence. The old players ie TATA will be getting the C295, Mahindra possible with the panther ie the Navy contract and Now Reliance getting this.

Honestly, as long as the contracts are signed with delivery and quality in check. I really don't care who gets it!

Last edited:
Anil A Reliance, French Dassault JV To Execute $3.3 Billion Rafale Offsets Contract

Part of 50 per cent offset obligation

Indian Reliance Group and Dassault Aviation have announced a joint venture (JV) to execute $3.3 billion worth offset contract as part of the Rafale fighter jet deal.

The announcement of the JV, Dassault Reliance Aerospace, comes within days of India and France on September 23 signing an agreement for 36 Rafale fighter jets at a value of euro 7.87 billion.
The agreement includes a 50 per cent offset obligation. The main point of the offset agreement is 74 per cent of it has to be imported from India, which means direct business worth around Rs 22,000 crore ($3.3 billion).

The offset, spread over seven years, will be finalised soon. There is also a technology-sharing component, which is being discussed with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). Other companies involved in the Rafale deal include French firms MBDA and Thales, besides Safran, which too will be part of the overall offset obligation.

The Dassault Reliance Aerospace joint venture will be a key player in the execution of offset obligations, a joint statement by the companies said Monday.

The development has come as a boost to the Reliance Group, which entered the defense sector only in January 2015.

The proposed strategic partnership between Dassault and Reliance will also focus on promoting research and development projects under the IDDM programme (Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured).

"The formation of this joint venture with Reliance Aerospace led by Anil Ambani's Reliance Group illustrates our strong commitment to establish ourselves in India and develop strategic industrial partnerships under the Make in India policy promoted by the Indian government," Eric Trappier, Dassault Aviation Chairman and CEO said.

You might also like:

Back
Top Bottom