What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

If f35 is not as good as rafale yet costly,then why Israelis are not going for rafale?
USA help Israel financialy... It's enough to kill any extra US plane deal.

@BON PLAN @Taygibay @Picdelamirand-oil @DavidSling @PARIKRAMA

Other than the Israeli HMSD (probably DASH lV) will the LITENING G4 LDP and RECCELITE also be integrated for India as part of the Indian specific upgrades?
Only IAF or India's top brass can answered.
Litening probably, because alredy in IAF arsenal.
Reccelite? I don't know. Probably France will try to push AREOS pod.

I understand the tendency to undermine F35, but neither F15 or F16 were problem free in the start, and F35 is another level of sophistication all together.
Saying it's no better than the rafale is lack of knowledge at best.
and as for Israeli system integration, Israel rather integrate it's avionics into every thing it purchases, so it will serve them best.
I won't continue to comment on this stupid comparision but you should stick on rafale capabilities rather than slide to propaganda.
And btw, the Israeli pilot who went to learn about the plane in the U.S are very happy about it's capabilities, so I heard
It is a good enough plane. But it is not matching its potential. Legacy of F-16s will not be repeated.

It is a good enough plane. But it is not matching its potential. Legacy of F-16s will not be repeated.
According to you. Israel wouldn't compromise it's security for no one, even for it's greatest ally.
Pilots I talked with, are very happy with the plane, and say that all the noise around it is unjust altho it has it own share of problems that will probably be fixed in the future

According to you. Israel wouldn't compromise it's security for no one, even for it's greatest ally.
Pilots I talked with, are very happy with the plane, and say that all the noise around it is unjust altho it has it own share of problems that will probably be fixed in the future
AFAIK Israel demands f22 not 35s.

Israel demanded f22 for aerial superiority role to replace old f 15 ...
To my knowledge Israel lacks powerful neighbouring enemies, so instead of investing on costly air superiority fighters concentrate on f35/16 type multi roles and b2 type stealth bombers,which is essential to tackle far away enemies like iran

To my knowledge Israel lacks powerful neighbouring enemies, so instead of investing on costly air superiority fighters concentrate on f35/16 type multi roles and b2 type stealth bombers,which is essential to tackle far away enemies like iran
Israel military is designed to be small on quantity but big on quality, which is why Israel rather have less but more efficient weapons

Comparison with F-35 is unjustified. F-35 is just entering into service. So come chinks will be there. Come 2025, and we will talk.

Lets keep this thread focused on Rafale.

F35 has no equivalent. Even in its current form its better than f22 let alone rafale or eurofighter. Its sensor fusion , network warfare is unrivalled. But its potential will harnessed fully by only few usa or maybe uk, cause of their extensive networking. In future f35 can guide misseles fired from aegis/ zumwalt or guiding predator/avenger drones.
Basically an american f 35 will be a nightmare to its enemies while other countries f35 wont be that effective although still better than rafale or eurofighter.

As of today F35 may not be good, but some day the white elephant will mature. And its sheer numbers across the world and successfully integrating new weapons and stabilizing the coding issues over time, will see this as a much potent system. No doubt its more advanced than say F22. But its still a bit far from its true potential.

Hopefully its the same time by 2024 when Rafale F3R2 also comes online. Basically it will keep Rafale in good solid competitive position versus the F35s.

Israel cant buy the Rafales. For them the US F35s were not good enough thats why Adir has so much customization to make it suitable and meet Israeli AF requirements. It in a way point to the realistic position.

Anyway i guess soon we will have F35 Adir vs Rafale India exercise. We should get to know much more at that point of time.

The F-35 is Mr. Late Latif. When it is fully operational, it will be nearing uselessness, those are comments from the USAF. They have admitted the F-22 and F-35 won't compete with the PAK FA and J-20. That's why they have a new Penetrating Counter Air and the F-X program coming in much sooner than anticipated.

Israel demanded f22 for aerial superiority role to replace old f 15 ...

You can buy the AMCA to replace the F-15s.

The F-35 is Mr. Late Latif. When it is fully operational, it will be nearing uselessness, those are comments from the USAF. They have admitted the F-22 and F-35 won't compete with the PAK FA and J-20. That's why they have a new Penetrating Counter Air and the F-X program coming in much sooner than anticipated.
There Lot things in F-35 Except Analog Radar My friend
AN/AAQ-37 electro-optical Distributed Aperture System (DAS) There No Match of this system by Any Nation till now

In 21st century air combat is based on One can detect other Threat before That;s why its called God's Eye

The DAS is a remarkably sensitive and discriminating set of six sensors that gives the pilot data not just from in front of his aircraft, but directly below, above and to the sides — in military parlance he’s got 360 degree situational awareness. How sensitive is the system? I’ve been told by two sources that the DAS spotted a missile launch from 1,200 miles away during a Red Flag exercise in Alaska. But DAS, just as with the older Defense Support Satellites used to search the world for missile launches, may not know exactly what it’s looking at right away.

That’s where the F-35’s data fusion library comes in, combing through threat information to decide what the plane has detected. The plane, after combing through thousands of possible signatures, may suggest the pilot use his Eletro-Optical Targeting System (EOTS) or his AESA radar to gather more data, depending on the situation. The F-35 that spots the apparent missile launch will share its data with other F-35s and the Combined Air and Space Operations Center (CAOC), which will be managing all the data from US and allied aircraft and satellites so that bigger computers on the ground can crunch the data from those sensors and make recommendations if any single plane hasn’t gathered enough information with enough fidelity. (Of course, the CAOC can also do that whole command thing and coordinate the F-35s flying with other aircraft, ships and ground troops.)

The loop will be complete once a target is identified. Then the plane’s fusion center will recommend targets, which weapons to use and which targets should be killed first. Given the Chinese government’s vast and persistent espionage enterprise it won’t be surprising if the J-20s boast some of the F-35’s capabilities, but I have yet to speak with anyone in the Pentagon or the intelligence community who says the Chinese appear to have developed software and sensor capabilities as good as those on the F-35.

Last edited:
There Lot things in F-35 Except Analog Radar My friend
AN/AAQ-37 electro-optical Distributed Aperture System (DAS) There No Match of this system by Any Nation till now

There's nothing particularly great about it. The Rafale has had something similar since early 2010s, fully operational.

image+DDMNG.png

_DSC0980_web.jpg

There's nothing particularly great about it. The Rafale has had something similar since early 2010s, fully operational.

image+DDMNG.png

_DSC0980_web.jpg

The F-35's DAS is so sensitive, it reportedly detected the launch of an air-to-air missile in a training exercise from 1200 mi (1,900 km) away, which in combat would give away the location of an enemy aircraft even if it had a very low RCS

Do you Know how Power full RWR of F-35 Is

Iam ready Listen Its Performance in rafale what's its Range

How can you fight Enemy Which detect Thousand Miles Away ?

I'm not even discussing f-35 Network centric Jamming capabilities Which can Fry any Known fighter

Last edited:
The F-35's DAS is so sensitive, it reportedly detected the launch of an air-to-air missile in a training exercise from 1200 mi (1,900 km) away, which in combat would give away the location of an enemy aircraft even if it had a very low RCS

Do you Know how Power full RWR of F-35 Is

Iam ready Listen Its Performance in rafale what's its Range

How can you fight Enemy Which detect Thousand Miles Away ?

I'm not even discussing f-35 Network centric Jamming capabilities Which can Fry any Known fighter
Does it have a A to A missile with 1900 km range?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom