What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

The MII component will be part of the initial IGA signed in Jan this year, not part of the 36 jet contract.

But it is contingent on the singing of the contract for 36 jets. Otherwise that agreement means less than nothing. Its just an MOU.

But it is contingent on the singing of the contract for 36 jets. Otherwise that agreement means less than nothing. Its just an MOU.

IGA is not a MOU. And this 36 jet contract will be signed. Doval had already said last year that the Rafale deal will be signed. It was always a question of when.

IGA is not a MOU. And this 36 jet contract will be signed. Doval had already said last year that the Rafale deal will be signed. It was always a question of when.

Yes the Rafale deal will be signed since Modi has already declared it more than 1 year back in France. You were talking about the MII and not IGA. IGA will cover a lot more strategic and geo political issues including climate change, solar alliance, intelligence sharing, nuclear know how, etc.

Some Bits Based on Source

• To a query by a senior cabinet minister (from Lutyen Circle fraternity) if any more jet is coming for a line in India or not, the whole folks laughed.
  • PM NaMo Looked at DM MP and said in hindi roughly , i hope its explicit what we want in future part. If needed check that again. And who are coming for that?
  • DM MP said Partnership, some talks are there with Reliance ,Tata, Kalyani, more are there (aur bhi hai) etc. Bharat Electronics is there also for majority of things. DRDO is there also for the engine. (he meant GTRE, a lab under DRDO)
  • PM NaMo said then , yes Engine, and what about the other things Doval had talked about?
  • DM MP listed then the technologies being transferred and showed the report of the process and milestones
  • PM NaMo then said in hindi roughly , Anyone else gave similar things?
  • DM MP said Carter assured few of the things. But nothing in writing or in proper proposal like this. (pointing to a stack of papers , a report detailing each technology and how transfer is mandated and proposed)
  • All burst out laughing
  • PM NaMo asked for opinion what others think.
  • A senior cabinet minister said we have to set a benchmark with this deal. I hope Law Ministry had seen every point proposed that we get all benefits as we have desired.
  • PM Namo said in hindi, check for every point language and interpretation. Law is funny. so lets take extra few days but be 100% (sau pratishak) sure that nothing is left from this
  • DM MP said will check again and put it in next meeting...

@Nilgiri @Abingdonboy @Vergennes @MilSpec @anant_s @Picdelamirand-oil @Taygibay @Ankit Kumar 002 @randomradio @Armani @[Bregs] @GuardianRED @R!CK @CNL-PN-AA

Last edited:
Some Bits Based on Source

• To a query by a senior cabinet minister (from Lutyen Circle fraternity) if any more jet is coming for a line in India or not, the whole folks laughed.
  • PM NaMo Looked at DM MP and said in hindi roughly , i hope its explicit what we want in future part. If needed check that again. And who are coming for that?
  • DM MP said Partnership, some talks are there with Reliance ,Tata, Kalyani, more are there (aur bhi hai) etc. Bharat Electronics is there also for majority of things. DRDO is there also for the engine. (he meant GTRE, a lab under DRDO)
  • PM NaMo said then , yes Engine, and what about the other things Doval had talked about?
  • DM MP listed then the technologies being transferred and showed the report of the process and milestones
  • PM NaMo then said in hindi roughly , Anyone else gave similar things?
  • DM MP said Carter assured few of the things. But nothing in writing or in proper proposal like this. (pointing to a stack of papers , a report detailing each technology and how transfer is mandated and proposed)
  • All burst out laughing
  • PM NaMo asked for opinion what others think.
  • A senior cabinet minister said we have to set a benchmark with this deal. I hope Law Ministry had seen every point proposed that we get all benefits as we have desired.
  • PM Namo said in hindi, check for every point language and interpretation. Law is funny. so lets take extra few days but be 100% (sau pratishak) sure that nothing is left from this
  • DM MP said will check again and put it in next meeting...

@Abingdonboy @Vergennes @MilSpec @anant_s @Picdelamirand-oil @Taygibay @Ankit Kumar 002 @randomradio @Armani @[Bregs] @GuardianRED @R!CK @CNL-PN-AA

Are you seriously posting conversations between PM, DM & FM in a pakistani forum ?

This is better than Radia tapes.

Are you seriously posting conversations between PM, DM & FM in a pakistani forum ?

This is better than Radia tapes.

I did not post the list of 16 technologies. So dont worry on that. I only posted things which are so general that its bascially a lowest level classification in terms of confidentiality and potentially not harming us in any manner.

From 1210 i have waited to see an open source say its postponed bcz of the same fact that i will be out too much in limelight if i post that here,

The discussion are even more livid. and it touched many other points which are obviously omitted for the same very reason..

The gist was posted bcz there is a campaign out in media to showcase the close relationship dynamics and a possible new alignment. And truth is far from that. Nothing escapes PM and DM eyes not even the fact that a report of Su35 talks also surfaced in the intel brief and about the proposed joint exercise between our Neighbor and Russia. But then such things i cant post here obviously as i said classification issues.

Cost differential
  • Deal started in excess of Euro 11 Bn now bought down and escalation clause reduced to 3.5% yoy
  • MMRCA was 85Mn $ fly away now its fully weapons loaded.
Jet lee :p: - you caught him- Some LM lady did come to meet him and impress him for the jet deal.

Cost differential
  • Deal started in excess of Euro 11 Bn now bought down and escalation clause reduced to 3.5% yoy
  • MMRCA was 85Mn $ fly away now its fully weapons loaded.
Jet lee :p: - you caught him- Some LM lady did come to meet him and impress him for the jet deal.
Thanks for the clarification bro.

Rafale contract on verge of finalisation: Government sources
NEW DELHI: The contract for 36 Rafales is in the last stages of finalisation and the multi-billion euro deal with France could be announced soon.

"Finer points of the contract are being worked out. The deal is almost in final stages," government sources said.

Last month, a report submitted by a team negotiating the much-anticipated Rafale deal with France was cleared by the defence ministry. The file was then sent to the Prime Minister's office for review and clearance.
ources said the PMO had sought from Defence Ministry some clarifications on the life cycle costs and unit price of the aircraft which was replied to

French sources have said they are expecting a positive development this month.

The deal is expected to be worth around 7.89 billion euros for the 36 fighter jets in fly away conditions. The weapon systems, part of the deal, will also include the new-age, beyond visual range missile, Meteor, and Israeli helmet mounted display

Link::http://m.economictimes.com/news/def...n-government-sources/articleshow/54292945.cms

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom