What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

"This new partnership clearly reflects the close relationship established over many years between Snecma, our parent Safran and the Indian aerospace industry," said Pierre Fabre, Chairman and CEO of Snecma. "We are strongly committed to contributing to the ’Make in India’ policy, based on ambitious partnerships and extensive direct investments. This new venture is further proof that we are actively strengthening our existing ties with HAL.”

Good to see that there are French companies that see the potential of India / HAL as a long term partner and we have heared the same from Thales too.

Dassault is selling, India is buying. Why doesn't India cancel the deal? Dassault cannot do much, unless they substantially agree to let go of their demands, which puts their business at risk.

Just that India can give the deal to other vendors too, where does Dassault get a deal for 126 fighters? If they had played it smarter, they could had even a way bigger deal and far more benefits for the Rafale itself, but for that, they should had seen us as a partner country, not only as just another export country. They are risking the business on their own, all we ask is, to remain commited to the deal, till the 126th fighter is delivered and not only till the 18th fighter is.

all we ask is, to remain commited to the deal, till the 126th fighter is delivered and not only till the 18th fighter is.

And there is EVERY possibility of the 63 MORE planes being bought ( exercising the options )
ie a total of 189 or say 200 ie if the First 126 come out RIGHT

At least we know the Engines will be made in India :P ........... wonder who will provide the alloys.

We know more:

rafale01erer92.JPG

I guess Bharat Forge. Some parts need an oven costing 100 million dollars...

I don't think they make super alloys for jet turbines. I don't think anyone in India makes it.

Besides they are not a metal smelting company, (e.g steel plant) but a forging company.

And there is EVERY possibility of the 63 MORE planes being bought ( exercising the options )
ie a total of 189 or say 200 ie if the First 126 come out RIGHT

The 63 is just the 50% option for any deal that is made under the DDP 2006, with all the delays and issues Dassault caused, it will be questionable if more will ordered.

I guess Bharat Forge. Some parts need an oven costing 100 million dollars...

Any confirmation for that yet?

The 63 is just the 50% option for any deal that is made under the DDP 2006, with all the delays and issues Dassault caused, it will be questionable if more will ordered.

With an ALL fourth Generation PLAAF breathing down our necks in 2025 and beyond
we need Numbers and quality BOTH

I don't think they make super alloys for jet turbines. I don't think anyone in India makes it.

Besides they are not a metal smelting company, (e.g steel plant) but a forging company.

I just know theere is a MOU with a company building parts for BMW.

With an ALL fourth Generation PLAAF breathing down our necks in 2025 and beyond
we need Numbers and quality BOTH

Yes, but not necessarily more Rafale, the 126 now might be delivered only around 2025, a time when we will have LCA MK2 and FGFA in proper production too. So by then, IAF can go for more LCA MK2s for numbers, or more FGFAs for quality, not to mention that DRDOs dream of AMCA is aimed on soon after 2025. More MMRCAs had a chance only if we had agreed in 2012/13 and by increasing the order from Europe directly. Today, that would only be an option with the EF, since it's the only choice that can offer us many fighters in fast production.

@sancho

If we buy Rafale it will serve till 2050 and beyond

After 2035 ALL Mig 29 s ; Jaguars and Mirages will go

AMCA is just on paper ; So MKI ; Rafale and FGFA is what we will need

Therefore the order can easily go upto 200

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom