Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Rafale deal: Law Ministry has observations, being addressed, says Parrikar
Ajay Banerjee
Tribune News Service
New Delhi, May 3

2016_5$largeimg03_Tuesday_2016_141730935.JPG

Rafale multi-role combat aircraft from Dassault Aviation of France
takes off at Yelahanka Airforce Station in Bangalore. AFP file photo

Even as the Ministry of Defence has agreed to the pricing of the 36 Rafale fighter jets from Dassault Aviation France, the Ministry of Law and Justice has made certain observations that are being incorporated in under-negotiation Inter-Governmental Agreement between India and France.

The price as accepted by India is expected to be 7.89 Billion Euros or Rs 60,000 crore and that has been largely agreed upon.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar informed the Rajya Sabha in written reply on Tuesday: “Ministry of Law & Justice have made certain observations and the same will be adequately taken into account while finalizing the IGA, which is still under negotiations”.

An Indian negotiating team has been constituted to negotiate the terms and conditions of the procurement of 36 Rafale jets and recommend a draft agreement. The meetings of the Indian negotiations team with the French side are underway, Parrikar’s reply said.

As per the India-France Joint statement issued by the two countries during the Prime Minister’s visit to France in April last year, Government of India conveyed to the Government of France that in view of the critical operational necessity to have more fighter jets for the IAF.

Both the sides have agreed to conclude an Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) for supply of the aircraft.

Rafale deal: Law Ministry has observations, being addressed, says Parrikar

I don't understand well: The IGA was signed between India and France at the upper level. It was said to be completed except for the price. Now the price is agreed but we have to take into account the remarks of Ministry of law and justice? So signature of India representative has no value?

I don't understand well: The IGA was signed between India and France at the upper level. It was said to be completed except for the price. Now the price is agreed but we have to take into account the remarks of Ministry of law and justice? So signature of India representative has no value?

IT was not signed ; but BROADLY agreed to

It already contains some pending clauses ; which are now being finalised

A large agreement contains Many Articles and clauses; Sections and sub sections

Given the Deadline of 26 January we had to sign on the Terms which had been agreed to
till that date

And if the Mirage 2000 also had the AASM missile

These multi-year orders would increase the rate of production of a new version of the AASM. Above all, they would bring down the unit cost of weaponry, far more expensive than competing products. Particularly in relation to GBU-49 bombs widely used on American theaters of operations. "With these orders, we can be very close to the price of the GBU-49", are we told La Tribune.

https://translate.google.fr/transla...aussi-du-missile-aasm-562087.html&prev=search

OK! So GoI aks for the AASM to go on its Mirages 2000 as part of Rafale deal,
Safran automatically gets its export doors open ( and AdlA says Hey, me too! )
and thanks India by setting up a full production line right at start of MII 90 order
thus lowering further the AASM's price so it can equip all Bharati fighters ...

Is that what you were hinting at, Pic mon brave? ;)

Good day all, Tay.

There is virtually a complete mismatch on what's the reality going on versus what's being quoted in public.

What DM MP is publically stating is a damage control exercise of what BJP Twitter account jumped the gun and announced with an infographic.

There is no logic at all for his response.

If you check I have said one official suggested to MP that deal be postponed to next year jan-march timeline and we can release the money in april-june 2017. And MP rejected the same.

Now it seems he is being clearly told that he may have to be shifted to Goa state unit for state elections due to non performance of existing leadership. And in his place perhaps a very very familiar name will come in.. Can't reveal the name but I have mixed feelings with the name being suggested...

It seems DM MP now wants to wait for the Cabinet level decision on the deal and wants to handover the reign plus onus of decision to his successor...

Surely this won't cut much ice with PM NaMo who is very keen to showcase induction of kalavari, Arihant and Rafale deal in 2 years performance report card. (Also lined up is aridhaman ceremony for PM to be done in coming months.)

The deal is already done and dusted at political level and Strategic partnership things are already underway. Thus all this is a smokescreen really.

Better wait for some days and few weeks.. Things would be much clearer..

Last edited:
There is virtually a complete mismatch on what's the reality going on versus what's being quoted in public.

What DM MP is publically stating is a damage control exercise of what BJP Twitter account jumped the gun and announced with an infographic.

If you check I have said one official suggested to MP that deal be postponed to next year jan-march timeline and we can release the money in april-june 2017. And MP rejected the same.

Now it seems he is being clearly told that he may have to be shifted to Goa state unit for state elections due to non performance of existing leadership. And in his place perhaps a very very familiar name will come in.. Can't reveal the name but I have mixed feelings with the name being suggested...

It seems DM MP now wants to wait for the Cabinet level decision on the deal and wants to handover the reign plus onus of decision to his successor...

Surely this won't cut much ice with PM NaMo who is very keen to showcase induction of kalavari, Arihant and Rafale deal in 2 years performance report card. (Also lined up is aridhaman ceremony for PM to be done in coming months.)

The deal is already done and dusted at political level and Strategic partnership things are already underway. Thus all this is a smokescreen really.

= more delays...............great

1418.gif

Is it gonna be subramaniyam swamy?

= more delays...............great

1418.gif

Well now I am hearing a very different view

NaMo is visiting DC. Prez Obama and some influential people are gng to say we made Pakistan pay F16 from their own pocket so they won't buy it. (According to news i have government of Pakistan has an excess borrowing of USD 1.5Bn in last 3 months.. The exact usage is ambiguous.. So it's nt in a position to finance new purchases. It's in fact not able to finance China related projects also where new Chinese loans require margin contribution from government)

So US folks are going ahead with again the F16 F35 plan which I had shared before..

It seems DM MP is showing carrot by saying Rafale deal not done.

US folks doing the same saying look we are not providing coalition funds...

There is a chance of quid pro quo here that PM NaMo may agree for something to purchase from USA. Not necessarily F16 but something to keep US MIC happy.. Particularly LM.. Who knows .. 36 F35s may be!!!

It may be teens or rather some critical tech at substantial cost or something else which may be given to make US ppl feel happy of siding with India and the new so called geo political posturing..

May be the new LSA/LEMOA may be agreed..

Well now I am hearing a very different view

NaMo is visiting DC. Prez Obama and some influential people are gng to say we made Pakistan pay F16 from their own pocket so they won't buy it. (According to news i have government of Pakistan has an excess borrowing of USD 1.5Bn in last 3 months.. The exact usage is ambiguous.. So it's nt in a position to finance new purchases. It's in fact not able to finance China related projects also where new Chinese loans require margin contribution from government)

So US folks are going ahead with again the F16 F35 plan which I had shared before..

It seems DM MP is showing carrot by saying Rafale deal not done.

US folks doing the same saying look we are not providing coalition funds...

There is a chance of quid pro quo here that PM NaMo may agree for something to purchase from USA. Not necessarily F16 but something to keep US MIC happy.. Particularly LM.. Who knows .. 36 F35s may be!!!

It may be teens or rather some critical tech at substantial cost or something else which may be given to make US ppl feel happy of siding with India and the new so called geo political posturing..

May be the new LSA/LEMOA may be agreed..
Yet more dithering, isn't it? This PM/DM are too busy trying to be the "smart" guys and trying to prove how amazing they are by getting XYZ when in reality not a single new jet deal has been signed for more than a decade now. Do they even have a plan or are they simply going from country to country with a begging bowl? Modi goes to France, 36 Rafale deal is proposed, Hollande visits and IGA is signed, Modi visits the US and now that takes precedent?

The F-16 and F-35 just don't fit in with the IAF nor their proposed force structure.

Modi will go to the US and return empty handed, I don't know why these bufoons are pandering to the US when they have made it clear that they are not offering the same ToT and industrial benefits as the French. if they are being duped by the US dumping the CSF funding of the F-16 sale to Pakistan more fool on them.

The IAF's decade long wait for a MMRCA goes on.....

If this Govt is so intent on kissing Washington a$$ then get them to agree to setting up a C-130XJ line in India, why does it all have to be about fighters? Why is Modi backing India into a zero sum game with the French on oneside and the US on the other?

And what about the MII fighter line? We have been discussing the 250++ Rafale demand for the past few weeks on here but that is now gone?

This is all very disappointing bro.

Rumors are indeed rumors.

I'll take everything with a grain of salt until they are actually signed. I doubt India is going to buy F-16s owned by Paks or get locked into the F-35, which has a massive backlog of orders and might not even be possible to deliver to the IAF until post-2025. Not to mention all the problems associated with the program.

US has been staunchly anti-Indian since before Independence and will continue to be so in the near future. They cannot be trusted and their next likely US president, Hilary Clinton, is also part of this anti-Indian brigade.

US South Asian policy is officially to delay Indian military and scientific developments and keep Pakistan at some level of parity through subsidies and Foreign Aid. Let's not forget about how they shut-off GPS during Kargil to hinder Indian troop movements, they could easily do such damage again in another hypothetical war if India were to purchase their kill-switch ridden military exports.

If US wants to change the relation, let them take the first step. Have them offer something massively beneficial to India with no strings attached. Else they should be avoided for military purchases.

@PARIKRAMA Hello Sir

I wanted to ask about Two things

1 Who will be the Next defence minister

2 After the Agusta scam
the government is looking into the Pilatus and MMRCA Tendering and bidding process

So will Rafale deal get stuck up again

Back
Top Bottom