What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

a model that the government plans to enter into with private firms in critical and high-end defence projects like building submarines, helicopters and fighter planes requiring long term commitments, both ways.
What I think is interesting here is that France is in a postion to scoop up a considerable amount of (/most) of these deals. Submarines? More Scorpenes are a certainty and it is speculated France could be partnering to help in the domestic SSN class. Helicopters? Airbus is (by FAR) the most active in the rotary wing domain under Make in India having already tied up with Mahindra to creat an "aerospace city" centred around the production of Airbus Military helicopters (most likely Panther and H225M), they are now just waiting for the orders. Figher planes? Well, we all know about that...

The under currents are pretty strong if you are perceptive enough and yet almost no media publication is reporting on what is quite a signifcant emerging strategic partnership between France and India.

What I think is interesting here is that France is in a postion to scoop up a considerable amount of (/most) of these deals. Submarines? More Scorpenes are a certainty and it is speculated France could be partnering to help in the domestic SSN class. Helicopters? Airbus is (by FAR) the most active in the rotary wing domain under Make in India having already tied up with Mahindra to creat an "aerospace city" centred around the production of Airbus Military helicopters (most likely Panther and H225M), they are now just waiting for the orders. Figher planes? Well, we all know about that...

The under currents are pretty strong if you are perceptive enough and yet almost no media publication is reporting on what is quite a signifcant emerging strategic partnership between France and India.

You my good friend caught the main points as i said 'May' month hint is very strong to see what more will come on offer..

Hearing not only falcon jets but some 10+ other fields where dynamic technologies are getting shared from French side besides the Rafale deal..

Its in a manner where the basket of India France Trade will very much multiply aggressively and France will get a growing market for its industries in a assured manner yet India wont be victimized with exorbitant price and there will be credible actual skill development of local industry.

I am of the firm opinion, Mk2 LCA project can be lapped by Dassault if they are a bit smart and position them well with their experience and long history of single engined jets.. Something which they now dont have post Mirages.

If Dassault gets LCA Mk2 project going and make it a success, you can stand assured, not only the relationship will be strengthened between both nations, Rafales and its NG Rafale Program will be staying with IAF and IN for minimum 6-7 decades easily... of course with repeated orders and program evolution..

You my good friend caught the main points as i said 'May' month hint is very strong to see what more will come on offer..

Hearing not only falcon jets but some 10+ other fields where dynamic technologies are getting shared from French side besides the Rafale deal..

Its in a manner where the basket of India France Trade will very much multiply aggressively and France will get a growing market for its industries in a assured manner yet India wont be victimized with exorbitant price and there will be credible actual skill development of local industry.

I am of the firm opinion, Mk2 LCA project can be lapped by Dassault if they are a bit smart and position them well with their experience and long history of single engined jets.. Something which they now dont have post Mirages.

If Dassault gets LCA Mk2 project going and make it a success, you can stand assured, not only the relationship will be strengthened between both nations, Rafales and its NG Rafale Program will be staying with IAF and IN for minimum 6-7 decades easily... of course with repeated orders and program evolution..

You and @Abingdonboy the French might give some consultation buy they may not own up LCA and drive it to make it better coz it might give them competition although a single engine plane but still a headache like Gripane is for them?

You and @Abingdonboy the French might give some consultation buy they may not own up LCA and drive it to make it better coz it might give them competition although a single engine plane but still a headache like Gripane is for them?
I don't think Dassualt will get that involved in the LCA project but they will be a VERY useful technical partner that I hope works very closely with ADA and HAL (needed to a lesser degree with the latter).

No doubt but IAF will operate close to 1/3rd of its fleet via LCA program anyways.. They dont have an option and successive governments will make sure that LCA will reach a final figure of 300+ bcz its our own jet.

The question is the assimilation of some strong partner as a consultant or as a co development or as a technical assist partner.. Instead of going for Saab, to bring in commanlity and use the expertise of Dassault makes more sense..

Of course everything has a price and a factor of future risk emanating from such a product as competitor

No doubt but IAF will operate close to 1/3rd of its fleet via LCA program anyways.. They dont have an option and successive governments will make sure that LCA will reach a final figure of 300+ bcz its our own jet.

The question is the assimilation of some strong partner as a consultant or as a co development or as a technical assist partner.. Instead of going for Saab, to bring in commanlity and use the expertise of Dassault makes more sense..

Of course everything has a price and a factor of future risk emanating from such a product as competitor

Make sense but its not that easy for them nor us to come to terms while doing it for LCA.

It might make sense for AMCA considering French don't have a 5th gen plane and our AURA might get some assistance or some consulting.
But that's just a pessimistic me :lol:

gjjgff iuyui ghhgsufsdq jhk MICKEY MOUSE reree gsggdfg :sick::sick::sick:

In english please !
new

IMG_2287a.jpg

OUI, ca va bien. Merçi ! :-)
De rien

I was very disappointed to learn that France has explicitly singled out India when it promised that none of the tech of Australian Barricudas would be transferred to India. So I see no collaboration happening on the naval front. In addition French Marketing was extremely crass in Australia where they bad mouthed their own propellers subs which coincidently India is buying.

I was very disappointed to learn that France has explicitly singled out India when it promised that none of the tech of Australian Barricudas would be transferred to India. So I see no collaboration happening on the naval front. In addition French Marketing was extremely crass in Australia where they bad mouthed their own propellers subs which coincidently India is buying.
Indeed, I found it really odd that Australia had insisted on this.

Indeed, I found it really odd that Australia had insisted on this.

Could be since the IP was being developed from Australia, they wanted exclusivity or their share in future sales. Kind of like UAE F-16 deal. @Taygibay

What I specially took umbrage at was French said propeller subs will get outdated soon, the same propeller subs which they are selling to India.

Back
Top Bottom