What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Well for the Rafale sellers its not a news until first order goes manufacturing and delivery giving the unreliability of Indian purchasing...

I heard deal is for less capable Rafale than current config . Any info on that ?

France to investb30% back in India . And negotiations are going on for local manufacturing. This comes after France failed get orders abroad due same Price negotiations . I think they now understand EF is already a successful product than Rafale .

8.8 billion for only 36 aircraft? :o:
There must be some mistake here or someone is getting filthy rich!!

There is a dedicated Rafale thread pls visit that before making any assumption
Can you guide me to the relevant post there? I guess it will be about ToT and support systems? Still, it is what, 250 million a plane? :o:
Anyway, you are right, i wont make assumption, it will be great if you can guide me to the relevant post.

It's include weapons training life cycle cost.
costing 250 million a plane? o_O

costing 250 million a plane?
Yes,MKI Is Not Far From this Figure Either LCC of MKI is around 192 Million $+ Per Plane

And F-35 IS AROUND 468 million $ + Unit Cost

No wonder 4.5++ or 5 gen Gen Aircraft's are one hell Costly Deal to Maintain Presently or in Future

Huh?

Indian sources (and the Indian defence minster) clearly said 126 Rafales:

Deal for 126 Rafale jets ‘economically unviable’: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar - Indian Express

Einstein. :P

It is not economically viable with today's economy, which is why its only 36 aircraft immediately which will be delivered only by 2018-2020.

However more Rafale will be viable with the economy we have in the next 5 years. Imagine Indian economy in 2020 and our defence budget then.

To put it in perspective, our defence budget in 2010 was 30 billion $, in 2015 it was 50 billion $.

It is safe to assume that in 2020 our defence budget will be 85-90 Billion $. Rafale made in India will be very much viable then.

There is a dedicated Rafale thread pls visit that before making any assumption

someone is getting filthy rich. the numbers do not add up. Check the USAF acquisition costs for F-16 and F-15

Back
Top Bottom