What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Rafale Deal Final, India to Buy 36 Fighter Jets for 7.8 bn Euros
rafale1.jpg
Congratulations if true.

Boss it may sound as offtopic,but pls tell me about pakfa/fgfa.
Will it be materialised?
it will come.. stage 2 engine test and final prototypes will be out later in 2020-21.. thats when the 3 prototypes are expected..

read these ss my good friend..

View attachment 300598

View attachment 300599

and the icing in the cake

View attachment 300601
View attachment 300602

notice the word "operational" benefits to USAF AND USN

all this from here

View attachment 300603

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR1000/RR1021/RAND_RR1021.pdf

enjoy the truth of what USA really wants and think tanks says..

++
ps you remember i said about A&N base thing...
Something that also sticks out to me here (and from some other sources I've seen post Carter's visit ) is a new line they are pushing. They understand that Indians generally find the idea of a US military presence in India unpalatable (no matter how you sell it- non-binding, peacetime only etc) so they have started to push the HADR angle now saying that the LSA (although it's not actually called that anymore, they've changed the name because they felt LSA had too many negative connotations ) will allow greater interoperability for HADR efforts in India with Indian forces. Except, tell me when was the last time India asked for any external help in dealing with its emergencies? India is itself a regional responder in emergencies, it doesn't ask others for such help nor does it need it.

The US have calibrated this all wrong and no wonder they are getting nowhere with India. They are expecting India to bow down in front of them like the rest of their so-called "allies" and to be an extension of their military/policy makers.

+ If you go to NDTV and watch the interview with Vishnu Som and SECDEF Ash Carter you'll see that he doesn't make a single reference (unprompted) to the sale of American fighters to India and he certainly doesn't mention any intention to green light the transfer of groundbreaking tech to India. The most he talked about were UGVs and some CBRN kit.

I think Parrikar told Mr Carter what India wants and what India doesn't want and thus their side is recalibrating after getting very ahead of themselves.

‘Mirage 2000 upgrade for Air Force on track’
NAYANIMA BASU

Upgraded models to sport longer range radars; have improved tactical awareness

BL15_ANTOINE_CAPUT_2814197f.jpg

Antoine Caput, Vice-President and Country Director (India) of Thales, has said the $2.5 billion-project to upgrade 51 Mirage 2000 fighter jets for the Indian Air Force is going as per schedule and four upgraded jets have been already delivered.

In an interview with BusinessLine, he said the firm is keen to make India its global manufacturing hub and the joint venture with Bharat Electronics (BEL) is progressing well. Excerpts:

How has the progress of upgradation of the ageing Mirage 2000 aircraft been so far? Is it on track?

The project began in July 2011 and since then, Thales and Dassault Aviation have both been working on the upgradation of IAF’s Mirage 2000 fleet.

Four upgraded Mirage 2000 have been delivered to the IAF and the rest of the fleet is being upgraded by HAL with the support of Dassault Aviation and Thales teams as per the contract.

Will this upgrade enhance Air Force’s combat capabilities?

The Mirage 2000’s capabilities will be significantly enhanced and the IAF will have a capable and potent platform for the next 20 years. The upgraded Mirage 2000s will sport longer range radars and improved tactical situation awareness.

They will also have longer-range weapons to engage simultaneous targets with greater stealth. The improved fighters will have an extended operating envelope, with the capability to engage ground targets whilst countering airborne threats.

Recently, the top brass of the IAF expressed concerns over delay in the project. What was the issue?

It is on track, as per schedule. We are working with all partners and in case of any challenge, we will address them as per the contract.

(This article was published on April 14, 2016)

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...ade-for-air-force-on-track/article8476332.ece

IRST not included in this Rafale deal ?
No standard weapon along with Rafale ?

Last edited:
the deal price break up

price break up approx

2 bases - Euro 1.1 Bn x 2 = 2.2 Bn
Flyaway + weapons - Euro 2.7 Bn
All support packages - Euro 2.1 Bn
Customization - Euro 0.8 Bn

The flyaway + weapons - Euro 75 Mn or USD 84.75 Mn - the same as MMRCA $85 Mn

Removing weapons cost of USD 10-15 mn implies flyaway at USD 70-75 mn range or Euro 62-66 Mn.

after removing the VAT and adding marginal corporate profit, DA has given a solid deal to India where its going to use VOLUMES as a key to make humongous profit over next 20 years of production till 2035 and almost 5-6 decades of presence in Indian defense arena

++
some more comments

base price was initially Euro 1.4 Bn but after much haggling it has been reduced to Euro 1.1 Bn..

Support package basically contains everything.. what could be further broken down in direct and indirect costs and technology cost...

modifications have come down a bit.. primarily the NG version of missiles are not ready... of course a part of support package cost built in has 2 active component costs
1. RBE 2 AESA partial codes
2. Spectra + upgrade partial codes.

posted in the sticky..
where will the rafales be based?

the deal price break up

price break up approx

2 bases - Euro 1.1 Bn x 2 = 2.2 Bn
Flyaway + weapons - Euro 2.7 Bn
All support packages - Euro 2.1 Bn
Customization - Euro 0.8 Bn

The flyaway + weapons - Euro 75 Mn or USD 84.75 Mn - the same as MMRCA $85 Mn

Removing weapons cost of USD 10-15 mn implies flyaway at USD 70-75 mn range or Euro 62-66 Mn.

after removing the VAT and adding marginal corporate profit, DA has given a solid deal to India where its going to use VOLUMES as a key to make humongous profit over next 20 years of production till 2035 and almost 5-6 decades of presence in Indian defense arena

++
some more comments

base price was initially Euro 1.4 Bn but after much haggling it has been reduced to Euro 1.1 Bn..

Support package basically contains everything.. what could be further broken down in direct and indirect costs and technology cost...

modifications have come down a bit.. primarily the NG version of missiles are not ready... of course a part of support package cost built in has 2 active component costs
1. RBE 2 AESA partial codes
2. Spectra + upgrade partial codes.

posted in the sticky..
Nice fairy tales.
We are living in at a time where even official sources are heavily biased towards military procurement, and here we have fan boys polishing it further to make it seem like its a good deal.

@Picdelamirand-oil @Abingdonboy @Taygibay

Under the proposed deal, French companies apart from Dassault Aviation, will provide several aeronautics, electronics and micro-electronics technologies under the offset obligation. Companies like Safran and Thales will join Dassault in providing state-of-art technologies in stealth, radar, thrust vectoring for missiles and materials for electronics and micro-electronics.

said by Nitin Gokhale
http://bharatshakti.in/after-hard-bargain-rafale-deal-price-finalised/

++ i said RBE 2 and Spectra +upgrades partial codes..

IRST not included in this Rafale deal ?
customizations

where will the rafales be based?
have to check...

Probably in east and west both sides 1-1 base.. Mirage bases may be upgraded for future Rafales..

?
No standard weapon along with Rafale ?

weapons are part of jets+weapons specs.. not too much ordered .. bare minimum.. we have good MICA already with Mirage deal.. so limited weapons..

Nice fairy tales.
We are living in at a time where even official sources are heavily biased towards military procurement, and here we have fan boys polishing it further to make it seem like its a good deal.

nah.. fan boy is very small..

i make a living making deals for dassault...

i am an agent..an arms dealer..i am employed by dassault..

ya deal is bad.. but then why should i care.. i am getting a hefty commission!!!

nah.. fan boy is very small..

i make a living making deals for dassault...

i am an agent..an arms dealer..i am employed by dassault..

ya deal is bad.. but then why should i care.. i am getting a hefty commission!!!
Whoa bro, and where's my commission? I've been an ardent supporter of the truth this whole time :(

Whoa bro, and where's my commission? I've been an ardent supporter of the truth this whole time :(
i will cut you a deal too.. don worry..

we will live lavishly in paris.. thats the haute couture place for us.. nice cars, nice homes, nice wine, lovely women.. this deal will make us live life king size for life..

Pfffft! you can retire in Bahamas with all the money DA is paying you
no tax heaven is safe anymore.. so better i be in france.. paris is good...

surely DA will reward me handsomely for my accomplishment..

Back
Top Bottom