What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Coming to land very soon

Cf1Y47PWwAAmi4a.jpg

All posts after March 19 till April 11 have disappeared

Or, the @WebMaster decided to remove the old data, to save the data load. If the hacker was able to enter the webserver, he could easily distroy the whole data, but there is always backup available, which might not be there with the @WebMaster prior 2011 April 19.

This article os all over the place:

The Indian side is expecting that through negotiations, it will manage to strike a deal at $7 billion for 36 machines.

---------

A few lines later:

“India is pushing for the deal to close between $5-6 billion for 36 aircraft and it should be inclusive of all the support and maintenance infrastructure,” an official revealed.

---------

Most of what is being said is either blatently untrue or is very old news but all becomes clear:

Meanwhile, Swedish defence major Saab AB has offered to manufacture its fifth-generation Gripen fighter aircraft here with technology transfer to India in a renewed bid for a pie in the multi-billion dollar Indian Air Force (IAF) modernisation plan and in compliance with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative.
Saab, which lost in the medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) tender in 2011 — won by French firm Dassault Aviation SA — anticipates that the IAF will need more than the 36 Rafale fighter jets that India is buying from France to beef up its depleting fleet. The Swedish company is not only offering to set up a base here, but also help in development of aerospace capability for the next 100 years, along with partnership in developing the next version of the indigenous light combat aircraft (LCA) Tejas and the advanced medium combat aircraft, being developed and designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency.

Recently, Saab (India) chief Jan Widerstrom said the company is also ready to stick by New Delhi’s negative list — as was made clear by defence minister Manohar Parrikar — when it comes to exporting fighter aircraft from India.

---------
About 1/3rd of this article is nothing but idiotic promotion for the Gripen.

This idiot is all too eager to earn his paycheck from his Swedish masters.

+ we've gone from absurd projections of the quoted cost by Dassault ($12 billion+) to absurd price demands by the MoD. When SAAB is selling 36 jets to others for $8+ billion, how are they going to meet the so-called $5BN demand?

This is just so tedious.

@PARIKRAMA

There was an attack. Check here people :

Pakistan Defence Forum is back online.

Good day all, Tay.

With due respect @Taygibay , there was no cyber attack.

This forum is in process of shifting servers and data was lost due to incompetency of PDF's technical team. Even Webmaster did an status update that he has data on old server and would try to get it back.

DDoS attacks do not delete data. Pakistanis have this habit of blaming India even if their wives do not become pregnant.

This article os all over the place:

The Indian side is expecting that through negotiations, it will manage to strike a deal at $7 billion for 36 machines.

---------

A few lines later:

“India is pushing for the deal to close between $5-6 billion for 36 aircraft and it should be inclusive of all the support and maintenance infrastructure,” an official revealed.

---------

Most of what is being said is either blatently untrue or is very old news but all becomes clear:

Meanwhile, Swedish defence major Saab AB has offered to manufacture its fifth-generation Gripen fighter aircraft here with technology transfer to India in a renewed bid for a pie in the multi-billion dollar Indian Air Force (IAF) modernisation plan and in compliance with Prime Minister initiative.
Saab, which lost in the medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) tender in 2011 — won by French firm Dassault Aviation SA — anticipates that the IAF will need more than the 36 Rafale fighter jets that India is buying from France to beef up its depleting fleet. The Swedish company is not only offering to set up a base here, but also help in development of aerospace capability for the next 100 years, along with partnership in developing the next version of the indigenous light combat aircraft (LCA) Tejas and the advanced medium combat aircraft, being developed and designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency.

Recently, Saab (India) chief Jan Widerstrom said the company is also ready to stick by New Delhi’s negative list — as was made clear by defence minister Manohar Parrikar — when it comes to exporting fighter aircraft from India.

---------
About 1/3rd of this article is nothing but idiotic promotion for the Gripen.

This idiot is all too eager to earn his paycheck from his Swedish masters.

+ we've gone from absurd projections of the quoted cost by Dassault ($12 billion+) to absurd price demands by the MoD. When SAAB is selling 36 jets to others for $8+ billion, how are they going to meet the so-called $5BN demand?

This is just so tedious.

@PARIKRAMA

I personally feel pushing the price further down to 5-6 billion mark is not possible . Egypt got 24 Rafales along with a stealth frigate with weapons and support for both in 5.9 Billion dollars.

I I Asad that the frigate cost 0.9 billion USD, then 5 billion for 24 Rafales.

If I use the same ratio, its 7.5 Billion USD for 36 Rafales. And if we are getting it all at 7 billion USD, its a good deal.

I don't think we will yield any result from further price negotiations, 7 billion is a fair price...

And we should remember that Dassault will not sell at a Loss.

As for the article. Only F18 fits Indian Airforces needs, that too if USA acts like Russia while selling it+ keeps the servicing like USA. REST DO NOT FIT IN . I ignore these paid news...

All I got 2 months before is that the main contention is terms and conditions for the follow on which will be made here.... Parikkar doesn't want to go for the first 36 very fast while ignoring the later batch, without which the Rafales will be useless. The concerns are that if India goes ahead with the initial 36 without discussing and freezing the terms for the 2nd follow on ones, French might milk us for the follow on ones.....

Atleast this is what the things were when republic day happened.

With due respect @Taygibay , there was no cyber attack.

Well, one way or another, we lost a month of small talk and it had to be explained to those surprised.
And, there are other types of cyber attacks apart from DDOS that do cause data loss.
LOL and I'll smugly sip my coffee in lieu of answer to your possibly factual reproaches. :coffee:

The concerns are that if India goes ahead with the initial 36 without discussing and freezing the terms for the 2nd follow on ones, French might milk us for the follow on ones.....

I don't think that's to be feared from Trappier's words at the 2015 results question and answers.
Dassault and the rest of the Rafale GIE want both linked so that finally, costly choices can be spread,
a sticking point in one term being balanced by an easy one in the second or vice versa.

Example : IAF wants a non-desi part integrated, say Israeli. This is a one-off cost to Dassault. You pay.
But if you buy 126-200+ Rafales under MII, it is spread over all units and becomes a small percentage.

If the deals are entirely segregated, that cost may block things by tipping the tab over Indian maximum.

Fast and fluid is the spring torrent that brings life to the immemorial immobile dry plain? *
Don't be a dam?

Good day all, Tay.

* The Yank in me would translate that poem thus : - Let's be adaptable, creative and get the job done!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom