What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Everything has its first time.

Even the conventional carrier with the EMALS is also unprecedented in the history, and perhaps more difficult to achieve than its nuclear counterpart.

IMHO, the 003 carrier which is building in JN is conventional power with EMALS, 80k tonnage, total number will be 4.
The 004 carrier will be nuclear power with EMALS, 100k tonnage, total number will be 4~6.

Totally cleared out.

093356k5q5ouqo7c5jccj8.jpg

So the barge wasn't needed to transport carrier's modules?

IMHO, the 003 carrier which is building in JN is conventional power with EMALS, 80k tonnage, total number will be 4.
The 004 carrier will be nuclear power with EMALS, 100k tonnage, total number will be 4~6.

Anything over 80k tons will be nuclear powered.

Is this some sort of giant magic trick?........ie where are the modules now, can we see them at their new location?

The modules are now staying near the dry dock No. 4.

Allegedly taken near the #4 dry dock at the Jiangnan Shipyard it is said to show the Type 003 carrier modules.
Interesting if true this is painted and it shows already the overhanging parts extending for the flight deck, which we haven't seen in previous images.

(Image via 风吹罩罩飞 at the cjdby-forum)

https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2628440-1-1.html

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20200619 part.JPG
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20200619.jpg

Speculation here - I think what this implies is that China is not building just 1 aircraft carrier. They have plans for building more and by shifting this one, they can start work on the next one here.

Speculation here - I think what this implies is that China is not building just 1 aircraft carrier. They have plans for building more and by shifting this one, they can start work on the next one here.

Again as in the J-35 thread: You are over-hyping and mis-reading a single image and misinterpret things that are unlikely to be drawn as a conclusion from that single image even if in the end you are likely correct.

But the assumption that the PLAN might get more than one carrier and eventually already another one besides 003 is in the works might be correct, but it can surely not drawn as a conclusion based on a faked image showing a demo-module from 2013 as a new carrier or a grainy sketch of a new fighter and then say it will surely have TCV-nozzles.

Again as in the J-35 thread: You are over-hyping and mis-reading a single image and misinterpret things that are unlikely to be drawn as a conclusion from that single image even if in the end you are likely correct.

But the assumption that the PLAN might get more than one carrier and eventually already another one besides 003 is in the works might be correct, but it can surely not drawn as a conclusion based on a faked image showing a demo-module from 2013 as a new carrier or a grainy sketch of a new fighter and then say it will surely have TCV-nozzles.

That is your perception. I think you are underwhelming in your analysis and I could also retort in similar vein, as you have, but prefer to be polite.

That is your perception. I think you are underwhelming in your analysis and I could also retort in similar vein, as you have, but prefer to be polite.

No problem if you disagree and explain - like me - why you think I'm wrong. Also IMO underwhelming is always safer than overwhelming then then being disappointed or embarrassed; but that's most likely a personal taste.

Otherwise I still don't get your conclusion, why:

- an image of a demo-module should be a hint for another carrier?
- a crude sketch of a new fighter should be a conclusive evidence it might use TVC?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom