What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Of course, I hope China has more carriers.

But in many cases it is a burden. The US needs a huge carrier battle group to maintain global hegemony. but China is to develop the economy. on how to protect overseas interests. The 30 ship type 054A is enough.

I hope it is type 075.
So why you're developed and developing Type-52 series of destroyers, Type-55 cruiser , Type-1 and Type-1A carrier, and Type-54A is a frigates which lack of fire power like long range air defense SAMs anti submarine warfare, you're facing threats from South Korean/Japanese Navies/USN which have destroyers which have sophisticated sensors, long range SAMs, carriers etc, if you have defensive strategy what the hell type-75 can do, and type-54A is not a jack of all trades @Two

Tell me. Why does Brazil keep an aircraft carrier? Which country does it want to attack?
And then tell me why you assume 2 carriers is enough for China then @Two o_O

So why you're developed and developing Type-52 series of destroyers, Type-55 cruiser , Type-1 and Type-1A carrier, and Type-54A is a frigates which lack of fire power like long range air defense SAMs anti submarine warfare, you're facing threats from South Korean/Japanese Navies/USN which have destroyers which have sophisticated sensors, long range SAMs, carriers etc, if you have defensive strategy what the hell type-75 can do, and type-54A is not a jack of all trades @Two
Very simple - deterrence.

Why does Brazil have an aircraft carrier?

Why does Thailand have an aircraft carrier?

Why does Turkey need an aircraft carrier?

Very simple - deterrence.

Why does Brazil have an aircraft carrier?

Why does Thailand have an aircraft carrier?

Why does Turkey need an aircraft carrier?
then why you think type-54A is enough for global interest for china, type-54a has a limitation in fire power lacks long range sams etc etc, that's why plaan developing type-52 series of destroyers/ type-55 @Two :crazy::crazy::crazy:

003 is under construction, all the modules of its hull were already built in factory, and the assembly is roughly 70% completed, the contract for 004 was signed few times ago`````005 and 006's blue prints are almost done```!
075 is also under construction its designed tonnage is around 25000 - 30000````075A is going to be bigger (to accomodate newly developed kit`:D)

China is implementing a defense plan. It's not an offensive plan. China only needs to ensure its national security. two carriers are enough.

I am more convinced that China is building LHD (Landing Helicopter Dock)

type 075

u=1169860898,145152408&fm=26&gp=0.jpg

This is what pAkistan marines need... four of them ... one unit or marines and 1 sq or attack helis and the other one for naval support ... four will make one brigade marine deployment a force to reckon with ...

Now back to the topic

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/07/as...ellite-intl/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

003 is under construction, all the modules of its hull were already built in factory, and the assembly is roughly 70% completed, the contract for 004 was signed few times ago`````005 and 006's blue prints are almost done```!
075 is also under construction its designed tonnage is around 25000 - 30000````075A is going to be bigger (to accomodate newly developed kit`:D)

Dang, a force to reckon with ... how many more type 94s nuke subs are being added ?

Waiting for mod to merge this thread with existing "Type 00X/003 (Formerly type 002) aircraft carrier news..." thread. :-)

This is what pAkistan marines need... four of them ... one unit or marines and 1 sq or attack helis and the other one for naval support ... four will make one brigade marine deployment a force to reckon with ...

Now back to the topic

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/07/asia/china-aircraft-carrier-satellite-intl/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Dang, a force to reckon with ... how many more type 94s nuke subs are being added ?
my circle does not have much info on subs````

Do you know if 004 will be "twin' to 003 or different?

Waiting for mod to merge this thread with existing "Type 00X/003 (Formerly type 002) aircraft carrier news..." thread. :-)
Nope, there are too many "irrelevant exchanges on the #carrier" ... Only if those distractions to be removed.

About the beam length speculation, Bltizo from SDF (or Rick Joe !?) had this to say:

I think the exact resolution is not clear enough for us to confidently claim the exact meter length of the beam. For you this is further compounded by having to rely on GE to get the length of another variable to try to compare it with the CSIS [ChinaPower] photo to try and calibrate it to the same visual height. All of that adds error which could very easily produce a difference of a few meters.

IMO the exact beam of it is not too important; whether it's 39m, 40m or 41m or whatever.

The use of this image and their measured distance is useful in confirming that the beam of the vessel is definitely not 32m or LHD sized, but is rather carrier sized as everyone else has been saying.

Personally I've been convinced this was a carrier since we got pictures of it in work last year, but this is for the people who are still skeptical for whatever reason.

The satellite image from CSIS ChinaPower (a U.S. think tank) referred by many.

Back
Top Bottom