What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

From weibo user,

浩汉防务-菜兵
上传于 今天 13:27
来自 小米8周年旗舰手机
疑似江南长兴的003型航母分段面世,从分段结构上看,应该为航母的机库部分,而外飘则会在机库上面两层以上才搭建,根据更进一步的消息看,该航母的机库宽度与17相类似
13:27 Today
Suspected type 003 aircraft carrier segment section at Jiangnan Shipyard, Changxing. From the perspective of the segment structure, it should be the hangar part of the aircraft carrier. The outer flange segment parts will be built on the upper top two layers of the hangar. From further news, it is said that the hangar width of this aircraft carrier is similar to that of the 017.
8a4bebfdly1ftm1iqr0rtj23k02o0e84.jpg

The Type 003 is now controversial, since there is chance it will be nuclear powered and being a 100,000+ tonnes supercarrier.

We will only know when it is officially launched.
its not gonna happen, and 003's full displacement is no more than 80,000 tons````

From weibo user,

浩汉防务-菜兵
来自 小米8周年旗舰手机
疑似江南长兴的003型航母分段面世,从分段结构上看,应该为航母的机库部分,而外飘则会在机库上面两层以上才搭建,根据更进一步的消息看,该航母的机库宽度与17相类似
Suspected type 003 aircraft carrier segment section at Jiangnan Shipyard, Changxing. From the perspective of the segment structure, it should be the hangar part of the aircraft carrier. The outer flange segment parts will be built on the upper top two layers of the hangar. From further news, it is said that the hangar width of this aircraft carrier is similar to that of the 017.
8a4bebfdly1ftm1iqr0rtj23k02o0e84.jpg

CV18.jpg

From weibo user,

浩汉防务-菜兵
来自 小米8周年旗舰手机

How reliable is this information that it is indeed a carrier? I just got quite a harsh reply in another forum - quite interesting from a usually not too active Chinese member stating it is again only a supertanker.

Also the buildings around do not fit to the expected yard and its dry dock no. 4.

Deino

How reliable is this information that it is indeed a carrier? I just got quite a harsh reply in another forum - quite interesting from a usually not too active Chinese member stating it is again only a supertanker.

Also the buildings around do not fit to the expected yard and its dry dock no. 4.

Deino

It's the heavy assembly platform inside the new site of JSCG.

Enlargement of the dry dock is expected to finish in late June.
H2560 -- Xuelong 2 polar icebreaker, docked in March and expected to be undock in late August.
H2576 -- Pony 13P LPG tanker, docked in May and expected to be undock in October.

Last edited:

Deino

Not only JN, DL is reportedly working on same.

its not gonna happen, and 003's full displacement is no more than 80,000 tons````

The Type 003 and Type 004 are identical twin, and both gonna be nuclear powered.

This is coming from someone who is even prophet than big cat.

The Type 004 is no more than 18 months later than the Type 003, so it is basically the same class of ships using the same catapults and propulsion.

Last edited:
The Type 003 and Type 004 are identical twin, and both gonna be nuclear powered.

This is coming from someone who is even prophet than big cat.

The Type 004 is no more than 18 months later than the Type 003, so it is basically the same class of ships using the name catapult and propulsion.
I doubt it, what I know from credible rumors is that it could be more likely that we will see 003 carrier with the conventional steam turbines propulsion, like the Liaoning and type 002.

I doubt it, what I know from credible rumors is that it could be more likely that we will see 003 carrier with the conventional steam turbines propulsion, like the Liaoning and type 002.

Soon we will see the island structure, so we can determine what type of propulsion it really uses.

Back
Top Bottom