What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Where are you getting these measurements?
The images that we had like ages ago, people at that time (memebers here and other netzins) made measurements of it and found the exact waterline dimensions, this is nothing new. The only thing they are not sure of now is the flight deck length because it will either be 316 or 325 and most seem to be leaning to 316.
yo, long tonne is heavier then metric ton. 81k long tonne is roughly 82.3k metric ton.

And your measurements don't match with what I've been seeing. Since major construction havent finished yet, don't compare flight deck area and instead focus on waterline area. The waterline area of 003 is somewhere between ford and nimitz. def bigger then kitty.
The tonnage of the kitty hawk is less than 80k metric tonne, @ChineseTiger1986 and some other member talked about this like ages ago, I couldn't find the page here where they talked about it. I'm not sure if its called long ton or whatever but the point is that the unit the US uses to describe the tonnage of the kitty hawk is the reason why it is described as being 80k , if they use metric tonne it is less than 80k.

Indeed - as posted by @louischeung_hk - this is the so far clearest image of the Type 003 aircraft carrier.

I tried to rotate the original one a bit so that identifying details is a bit easier. 😖

(Image via @捣蛋来啊 from Weibo)

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210607 - 2 best+.jpg
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210607 - 2 best.jpg

base on new phone seems 003 can launch before year end.

Actually even if I'm MOST impressed by the latest progress, there is still much work ahead and comparing with the 002 carrier, 003 is broadly comparable to the Shandong in June 2016 or about 10 months before launch. So IMO launch 2021 is not impossible but highly unlikely:

PLN CV-17 Shandong - construction collage ++.jpg

But let us wage a guess ... What do you think comes next? ... and as always any corrections are appreciated.

1623084517420.png

Actually even if I'm MOST impressed by the latest progress, there is still much work ahead and comparing with the 002 carrier, 003 is broadly comparable to the Shandong in June 2016 or about 10 months before launch. So IMO launch 2021 is not impossible but highly unlikely:

View attachment 751434

But let us wage a guess ... What do you think comes next? ... and as always any corrections are appreciated.

View attachment 751436
Shandong wasn't built using supermodules. 003's assembly should be faster since there are fewer pieces to fit together.

Shandong wasn't built using supermodules. 003's assembly should be faster since there are fewer pieces to fit together.

Not necessarily ... for the first phase this is surely valid, but if you look how the deck modules and island was installed at the 002 - and now 003 - it is quite comparable.

Back
Top Bottom