What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

007Kimevgy1gji34485ygj333418gb29.jpg

Via @奇圆JeffHoly from Weibo

Finally a new picture, feels like it's been ages since the last time we got a good update on the ship.

The most recent update was in fact the one from October 2nd.

But the pic was more blurred, and you can briefly see that only one gap left as compared the three gaps from September 28th.

003.jpg

The most recent update was in fact the one from October 2nd.

But the pic was more blurred, and you can briefly see that only one gap left as compared the three gaps from September 28th.

View attachment 677654
Hahahaha... I opt to be patient awaiting the water becomes clear and the ship form becomes obvious :-) in the meantime I'll just look out elsewhere and trying to forget that it exists... good that there are folks like you who keep on feeding / interpreting / deciphering // here even the small increment of changes... :D i mean it... in a positive sense.

October 9th, 2020

There are still two major gaps, and we exclude it, the length of the current ship would be around 310 meters.

The tip of the bow is around 5-6 meters wide, so the waterline is not over yet, and it is conceivable to be around 320 meters.

In addition with the bulbous bow, it gonna reach 330 meters.

003.jpg

October 17th, 2020

There is one final gap.

View attachment 680418

The question - and as such most important to determine its final waterline length - is, were the front modules only moved further back and joined or was an additional module inserted? As such, will the bow module now simply mated or is still a module missing?

The question - and as such most important to determine its final waterline length - is, were the front modules only moved further back and joined or was an additional module inserted? As such, will the bow module now simply mated or is still a module missing?

The bow section will move further back, then add the bulbous bow section in the front like this one.

ford.jpg

Hmm ... given the latest images I come to a slightly smaller estimation!?

View attachment 681034

The current length is about 300 meters if join all the modules together.

You have overestimated the length of the large gap.

Also, the 'small gap' doesn't exist, it is simply the stern section being higher than the forward section, not a gap.

The red arrow is in fact a bridge that allows the workers to pass between the modules, so the real gap is not that large.

1.JPG

Also the 'small gap' is in fact an indentation of the module, not really a gap.

2.jpg

And the only missing module is the one that contains the bulbous bow.

3.jpg

I am awaiting for the one whole, completely joined carrier, basically one complete picture of the exterior view, think it may possibly still take several more months before such scenes will happen. In the meantime Just keep patient, and look at the other side momentarily... :-)

Back
Top Bottom