What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Africa and Latin America are not located in the SCS, Latin America is on the other side of the Pacific, the US has 60% of it's fleet in the Pacific and the USN will probably have a total of 13 CVNs so for securing the trade routes to Latin America China needs to have 8 aircraft carriers just for the Pacific, then comes the task of securing the sea based trade routes to Africa, the USN has the remaining 40% in the other half of the earth, so China will need some aircraft carriers for that region too.
Hmm, unless China can set up a few military bases there, otherwise it doesn't matter how many carriers we have we can't project power there.

If you look beyond 2035, China will likely overtake US in economy as well as military. This is the one big reason why US is desperately waging trade war and political containment with the aim to stop China's ascension.

These aircraft carriers are meant to be deployed for periods from 2030 to 2060 and beyond. Thus we cannot use current geopolitical affairs to ponder how they will be used. This planning takes some serious brain-storming in CMC and Chinese think tanks, and we are not the ones to judge whether this CV building program is correct or not as our view beyond 2030 is very limited.
Yes, but that's a bit too far to predict.
Let's see.
We are not sure how creditable is the rumor yet anyway.

Africa and Latin America are not located in the SCS, Latin America is on the other side of the Pacific, the US has 60% of it's fleet in the Pacific and the USN will probably have a total of 13 CVNs so for securing the trade routes to Latin America China needs to have 8 aircraft carriers just for the Pacific, then comes the task of securing the sea based trade routes to Africa, the USN has the remaining 40% in the other half of the earth, so China will need some aircraft carriers for that region too.
We are no world police, nor we want to be. 10 ACs may be true, but it must be a total number with older ACs like Liaoling.
Also, we don't have enough oversea territory islands like US/FR/UK, nor do we have enough allies that is willing to provide us a port as base in the near future. The purpose to build a strong navy is to get Taiwan back rather than involve into foreign affairs.

Guys STOP with these political - especially war-mongering with retaiking Taiwan scenario - posts in this section.

Take this as a warning.

005xwoBEgy1ggzpkvq9lqj31fg0xlnpd.jpg

Via @西葛西造舰军事CG from Weibo

If you look beyond 2035, China will likely overtake US in economy as well as military. This is the one big reason why US is desperately waging trade war and political containment with the aim to stop China's ascension.

These aircraft carriers are meant to be deployed for periods from 2030 to 2060 and beyond. Thus we cannot use current geopolitical affairs to ponder how they will be used. This planning takes some serious brain-storming in CMC and Chinese think tanks, and we are not the ones to judge whether this CV building program is correct or not as our view beyond 2030 is very limited.
But 10 by 2035 was still very surprising to me. I know it includes the two STOBAR carriers but even they are still pretty capable. It looks like the PLAN is indeed trying to match the USN ship for ship, not just on the quality but also the quantity side. I am sure they are also doing it on the submarine side, although it is much more secretive ... but sooner or later we will get those pics of 093B and 095s. The ambition of PLAN naval planners, if Pop3 is indeed correct, is considerably more than even what I expected.

I didn't mean Beidou. Beidou is for navigation. Was the pic taken by a Chinese or foreign satellite?
Given it was posted from Weibo, probably some commercial Chinese satellite company

Back
Top Bottom