What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Need a higher resolution to see what are the modules there, very impressive speed btw.
We will all see the assembly process unfold in the fall ... it will be a repeat of watching the 002 construction 5 years ago except even more exciting this time because of the new technologies :-)

Interesting post by our @lcloo dating back to 2015 I found while going though the old SDF carrier thread.
From Recruitment page of Jiangnan Shipyard official website. I can think of only one ship, i.e. type 002 aircraft carrier. I believe they do not built nuke powered subs in JNCX yard.

This recruitment aims at fresh graduates of 2016. They do not build a ship with fresh graduates, these are trainees/ supporting personnel assisting those who are already in place.

http://jnshipyard.cssc.net.cn/compay_mod_file/news_detail.php?cart=11&id=256
Does this mean the 003 carrier will be indeed fitted with nuclear propulsion?
1.jpg

Interesting post by our @lcloo dating back to 2015 I found while going though the old SDF carrier thread.

Does this mean the 003 carrier will be indeed fitted with nuclear propulsion?
View attachment 655682
Remind me of the excitement of those old days watching weekly construction progress of PLANS Shandong (commonly known as type 001A then, which turned up to be 002).:cheers:

Whether 003/CV-XX will be nuclear powered or not will be cleared in just a few months. Those fresh graduates should have 3 or 4 years hand on experience by now but we don't know if the nuclear power plant design for aircraft carrier has been finalised or not.

Last edited:
So will the assembly process for the modules be very different from the 002 assembly process? IIRC, some people said Jiangnan and Dalian use different module processes.

Maybe it was for nuclear submarine or coming future CVN!
Jiangnan does not construct nuclear submarines ... Bohai does. As for the recruitment poster, it was dated from November 2015. I can only think of the project as relating to the current 003.

Back
Top Bottom