What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

No we're arm racing with India, before its' 3-0 in India's favor, now we're 1-1/2 vs 1 in China's favor, when you INS Vikrant will hit the water?
Soon :)
Yes we will be lagging behind due to better and large industrial base of China bit we will catch soon brother. China is kind of inspirational for me though.

Soon :)
Yes we will be lagging behind due to better and large industrial base of China bit we will catch soon brother. China is kindof inspirational for me though

Beside piss contest, we don't under estimate India's ability to complete INS Vikrant soon, Indian carrier experience is also an inspiration for China too.

China methodically push US out of SCS without firing a single shot by build up their aircraft carrier program along with all the artificial island will only strengthen China naval power in SCS.

The only way you going to push the U.S. out of the SCS without firing a shot is building artificial island on every square inch of SCS.

Russian delay in delivering mission specific articles delay the commission and full operational capability.

Several item have to be sourced from Russia, most noticeably Mig-29K and the arrestor gear are delay due to Russian non-completion which in turn due to Western Sanction over Ukrainian intervention.

It took Russia 8 years to deliver the 16 Mig-29K India ordered for INS Vikramaditya in 2004, and due to the sanction they are unable to fill the 26 Mig-29K India ordered in the time frame, the time they need to bypass the sanction by setting up assembly line in India.

Also the carrier have system from everywhere, Propulsion is form the US, radar is from Israel, sensor is from Italy while weapon system is from India and Russia, it take time to put everything together. Hence the long operational readiness time.

India is only assembling the various systems on the carrier. How much of the Gerald Ford class subsystems are outsourced from abroad?

33676_556164_805399.jpg

20170420-063449_U1085_M271044_c93b.jpg

e5377d1f7b3fcb313b1c36036ae872eb_w.jpg

The only way you going to push the U.S. out of the SCS without firing a shot is building artificial island on every square inch of SCS.

but in the event of war, those islands will make navigation of USN in the SCS very difficult which was the point. not like China is going to pull over every ship that sails on it during peace time. just like Chinese ships sail over the panama canal with no problems. but in the event of war, you bet your as the USA will secure that canal very quickly, so you can move war ships from Atlantic to Pacific quicker without issues.

but in the event of war, those islands will make navigation of USN in the SCS very difficult which was the point. not like china is going to pull over every ship that sails on it during peace time. just like Chinese ships sail over the panama canal with no problems. but in the event of war, you bet your as the USA will secure that canal very quickly, so you can move war ships from Atlantic to pacific quicker without issues.

In the event of a war, sure it be different story. But in a situation without firing a shot, impossible to do.

but in the event of war, those islands will make navigation of USN in the SCS very difficult which was the point. not like china is going to pull over every ship that sails on it during peace time. just like Chinese ships sail over the panama canal with no problems. but in the event of war, you bet your as the USA will secure that canal very quickly, so you can move war ships from Atlantic to pacific quicker without issues.

Probably the only way to keep the U.S. Navy out without firing a shot would be a blockade around SCS.

In the event of a war, sure it be different story. But in a situation without firing a shot, impossible to do.

Probably the only way to keep the U.S. Navy out without firing a shot would be a blockade around SCS.

I don't think your suppose to take his "without firing a shot" literally. of course, it's up to the original OP to explain, not me. I simply convey my thoughts on the geopolitical situation.

I don't think your suppose to take his "without firing a shot" literally. of course, it's up to the original OP to explain, not me. I simply convey my thoughts on the geopolitical situation.

I'll take it literally thinking its enough to intimidate the U.S. Navy out of SCS just because China will have more carriers or more missiles in the region.

Back
Top Bottom