What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Congratulations :-)

EL-85LlUwAANIwQ.jpeg

:-)

PLAN Type 002 carrier CV-17 Shandong - 6 002 carrier.jpg

Around 30 to 32 pilots are sighted in the ceremony, including helicopter pilots. Presumably all of them are assigned to CV17.
I still don't understand if the Aircraft Carriers in PLAN are considered as independent units or perhaps they just borrow their aircrafts from other PLANAF units.

China's first domestically-built aircraft carrier officially enters service
China has officially commissioned its first domestically-built aircraft carrier, the Shandong, a significant step forward in Chinese President Xi Jinping's ambitions for the country to field a world-class navy.
M8aYwOdnXxY

Local : 2019-12-18(Wednesday) 04:59:55
Found via nicer.app/news

Congratulations, Chinese government! :)

I think we can slowly start to hand over "control" over the South China Sea to (future) Chinese Government leadership(s), with developments like these.

A small warning though : in your "wargames" / "encounters" with foreign navies, STAY FRIENDLY and DO NOT CAUSE DAMAGE TO OTHER NATIONS' SHIPS, AIRCRAFT OR TROOPS.
It'll greatly help your claims be realised sooner if you do.

It would also help a lot if you, current and future Chinese leaderships, can accept the fact that militaries spy on each other *all the time*. This prevents shots being fired. And that's a very very good thing, especially if you want to "control" a certain area.

Other than that, the South China Sea is called like that for a reason. China is the biggest nation near to that sea, and therefore best capable of building the military assets to police it.

We here in the west will SLOWLY (over the next few decades) willingly hand over "control" over that sea to China.

So long as you don't become dictators of that sea, of course.
But i don't think you will.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom