What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

To admit, sometimes even official sources post nothing more than stupid things since a stupid author wrote something he des not understand.

Anyway ... let's try, so how could a carrier after just a first short cruise of just 5 days have completed all sea trials successfully?? There were not even more than one trail, so how could it have completed all trails?
Were there any J-15s taking off and landing during these "all tests" - IMO not even the arresting gear is fully installed!)

Even if the second carrier surely benefits from being a Liaoning V2 there simply MUST be more than one test; just compare, how many cruises the Liaoning made before hand-over and even more before reaching operational status?

To think all tests were already successfully completed is plain ridiculous.
I think you don't understand the meaning of the news.
http://eng.chinamil.com.cn/view/2018-06/21/content_8067307.htm

Deino understand the article perfectly well. It's simply a bad article from Chinamil or bad translation. The article posted by JSCh from Global Times makes more sense. I think the article meant Type 002 just successfully completed the task planned for the "First Sea Trial". And not completed all sea trials for Type 002. As it mention it will continue to be tested for another six months to one year before the ship is delivered to the Navy.

I think you don't understand the meaning of the news.
http://eng.chinamil.com.cn/view/2018-06/21/content_8067307.htm

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to diminish this achievement in any way but to assume ALL SEA TRIALS if there was only one is simply not correct or impossible.

Maybe call it semantics, maybe call me a pedantic German but I'm sure the carrier will have to accomplish several more trails before being handed over and even more before officially entering service and consequently it is impossible that ALL SEA TRIALS were accomplished.

Best,
Deino

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to diminish this achievement in any way but to assume ALL SEA TRIALS if there was only one is simply not correct or impossible.

Maybe call it semantics, maybe call me a pedantic German but I'm sure the carrier will have to accomplish several more trails before being handed over and even more before officially entering service and consequently it is impossible that ALL SEA TRIALS were accomplished.

Best,
Deino
The most interesting information in the news is that:
"The ship set out and began sea trials ahead of schedule, completing all trials in advance of its delivery to the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy. Experts predict it will arrive with the PLA before the end of the year."
But the news in en.people.cn (http://en.people.cn/n3/2018/0620/c90000-9473232.html) has been deleted.

23.jpg
24.jpg

Best,
Deino

The fast pace of Chinese shipbuilding is a fact.
They are super fast.
Western countries can't even match the China speed of churn out big ships.

Best,
Deino

I am sure that you are right.

Lost in translation, always.

Guys, let's move on from this ready or not, completed trials or not.... Just Wait patiently for some time then everything will be clear cut by itself, no need to tug so hard on the more semantic issue...

Simply Not cool to have this Major thread flashes on such petty issues repeatedly!! Frankly it's pretty boring!

Guys, let's move on from this ready or not, completed trials or not.... Just Wait patiently for some time then everything will be clear cut by itself, no need to tug so hard on the more semantic issue...

Simply Not cool to have this Major thread flashes on such petty issues repeatedly!! Frankly it's pretty boring!
Yes, just wait patiently. If the ship go out again for another sea trial, the claim that ALL sea trial has been completed is thus not true, and is actually a mis-interpretation of FIRST sea trial is completed as planned.

And if the pennant number is painted and the ship sail to a naval base, then it is confirmed that ALL sea trial is completed.

Just wait and see, in next few weeks, we will know.

Personally, I say the sea trial is completed with a successful night landing in high sea.

Last edited:
It said it's cracked in 300 places 7 days after completion, water went inside and the engine is fried. It cost 7 billion dollars. Lead Engineer and manager are being investigated.

What I will say is there is so much evidence to the contrary, so I went digging a bit. I found he original source, from a pretty good HK source, but the thing is, it wasn't talking about China, it talked about the Soviets, and another nation that won't be named, making these mistakes.

This youtube source, added the China angle. I saw the comments, it's not simplified Chinese, so they are not from the mainland, so you can guess what type of channel this one is, if not from the deliberate changing of the content of an article.

Yes you are right, the quote are not accuracy, but the head engineer was being under investigate is true. Rumors that he was taking rebate from AC project.

查委員會(中紀委)16日晚間貼出一則公告:「中國船舶重工集團有限公司黨組副書記、總經理孫波涉嫌嚴重違紀違法,目前正接受中央紀委國家監委紀律審查和監察調查。 」由於中船重工是是中國海軍裝備研發主力,包括遼寧艦、中國首艘國產航母均與其有關,媒體盛傳孫波很可能涉及收取航母工程回扣。
20180618-111352_U1085_M423474_c2a0.png

中紀委16日簡短公告中船重工總經理孫波被查消息。(翻攝網路)

1999年成立的中船重工集團是由國務院管理的大型國企,更是中國海軍裝備研發主力,包括航母、核潛艦等先進軍備,包括遼寧艦和第一艘國產航母均與中船重工有關。中船國企轄下子公司包括製造多款新型戰艦的大連造船廠、製造核動力潛艇的渤海造船廠、以及製造護衛艦的武昌造船廠,三峽升船機、港珠澳大橋也是中船重工的重點項目。

現年57歲的孫波早年任職大連造船廠、大連船舶重工集團,曾任工程師、副廠長、大連造船廠集團有限公司董事長。孫波2009年加入中船重工,三年後升任副總經理,2015年升任現職,成為這間大型軍工企業的第二把手。孫波對上一次公開露面是6月11日,他當時到中船重工物資貿易集團聽取工作彙報和交流。

孫波造船專業出身,曾經手中國的兩艘航母—遼寧艦改造和首艘國產航母設計建造,這兩航母都被發現有保養或設計質量問題。香港《蘋果日報》報導,遼寧艦2017年首次訪問香港,澳門國際軍事學會會長黃東發現艦身水線下面紅色的防鏽漆部份有相當明顯的落漆、生鏽;國產航母001A的航母駕駛室出現多根白色柱子,也被黃東評斷「非常奇怪」、簡直是失敗設計,甚至有可能是結構強度不足,需多加柱子支撐,美國華文媒體《博談網》甚至推測「莫非是造航母拿了回扣」?

《亞洲自由電台》則說,孫波上任總經理時正值中紀委巡視組巡視央企,中船重工被批評科研院所財務管理混亂,有人變賣單位資源或利用職務便利謀取私利。去年巡視組再度巡視指有領導人員「紀律意識淡薄,違規用人、搞小圈子」。中紀委派駐中船重工的反腐官員,紀檢組前組長劉長虹因涉嫌受賄犯罪,去年已被開除黨籍及公職。《法新社》稱,孫波事件凸現出中國雄心勃勃的軍備升級計劃,有其潛在複雜因素。《德國之聲》則說,連接香港、澳門及中國大陸的港珠澳大橋,雖然被譽為工程界奇跡,是世界上最長的跨海大橋,但工期拖延、預算超支與工安意外,讓這座大橋面臨「難產」,未能於2017年年底按計劃投入使用。港珠澳大橋還被曝出多名實驗室工作人員偽造混凝土測試報告的醜聞,其中一人已經於去年12月遭到監禁。

Last edited:
孫波造船專業出身,曾經手中國的兩艘航母—遼寧艦改造和首艘國產航母設計建造,這兩航母都被發現有保養或設計質量問題。香港《蘋果日報》報導,遼寧艦2017年首次訪問香港,澳門國際軍事學會會長黃東發現艦身水線下面紅色的防鏽漆部份有相當明顯的落漆、生鏽;國產航母001A的航母駕駛室出現多根白色柱子,也被黃東評斷「非常奇怪」、簡直是失敗設計,甚至有可能是結構強度不足,需多加柱子支撐,美國華文媒體《博談網》甚至推測「莫非是造航母拿了回扣」?

That just made my day. Thank you.

《蘋果日報》Apple Daily,《亞洲自由電台》Radio Free Asia, LOL! propaganda machines for Hong Kong separatist 港独分子 mis-information spin.
APPLE DAILY 蘋果日報 is a Hong Kong-based tabloid-style newspaper founded in 1995 by JIMMY LAI CHEE YING 黎智英. A sister publication carrying the same name is published in Taiwan. Apple Daily takes a sharp opposing stance against Beijing and pro-China circles incl later the local govt in Hong Kong from the very beginning of its founding in 1995 (the underlying reason of his venture in media industry), when the British was at its terminal stage to return HK to China in 1997. Jimmy Lai, a Roman Catholic believer, was also at the forefront of the Soros' backed Umbrella Movement (Occupy Central) in 2014, a colored revolution attempt supported by some US institutions in that enclave to destabilise HKSAR in particular and China in general. He donated more than HK $10 millions to the causes of that movement. Some media reports suggested the total donations since April 2012 could have been as much as HK$40 million. Reports in pro-China media claimed that Jimmy Lai had manipulated pan-democracts and was "colluding with foreign countries to provoke unrest in Hong Kong". He owns both Apple Daily and Next Magazine in Hong Kong and Taiwan. No doubt Jimmy Lai is a darling in the Western MSM and Washington political circles (just read his fond coverage by wikipedia :-) lol ), highly praised as the Western-style Democracy Champ while his relation with China is ever strained.

Well, nothing further needs to say about the spinmaster networks Radio Freeshit XYZ that operate in Asia, Europe and Latin America (wonder if they also operate in Africa) to disseminate Washington political views and other information to destabilise the targeted nations in the respective continents!

@wanglaokan — btw, are you still questioning about the Chineseness? This Jimmy Lai is a real Chinese in every regard, skin color, eyes, genetics, background, language fluency... but that's all. Just don't be fooled by those representations! In real life, the very Mindset, Ways of Thinking, Faith and Ideology control every other aspects!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom