What's new

Currie: CWG could be called off

Status
Not open for further replies.
security threat by this countries will continue to exist untill games are finished but here organizers did too less regarding to proper finishing.

these days pakistanis are living on cwg updates not food, on one side they say they don't care abt games while on other hand they keep all updates of cwg

security threat by this countries will continue to exist untill games are finished but here organizers did too less regarding to proper finishing.

And that is exactly what is being discussed i am sure sane elements should not and will not get :flame: over legitimate criticism

Games Village: ******, and now, water-logged

gamesvillagemess.jpg

This is the games village for CWG. Looks like a village though but not a games village for CWG. :what:
:azn:

Delhi can't get worse than Athens, says CWG England chief

LONDON: Commonwealth Games England president Dame Kelly Holmes came to the defence of the Commonwealth Games in Delhi and said that delays are part and parcel of any multi-sporting event.

Holmes, a former Olympic double gold medallist who visited Delhi last month along with Prime Minister David Cameron, cited the example of the 2004 Olympics and said the state of preparation in Delhi can't be as bad as the one she saw in Athens.

"I compare it to the Athens Olympics when they were still planting trees on the day it opened. I don't think it can get any worse than that," Holmes was quoted as saying by The Times.

Holmes, however, returned home unimpressed with the state of some venues in Delhi.

"I was there on the prime ministerial visit and I'm not going to lie, some of the venues looked like a building site," Holmes said.

The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (CGOC), already buffetted by corruption charges, suffered a serious blow when a foot overbridge outside the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium collapsed on Tuesday morning.

Things only got worse for the CGOC when a portion of false ceiling came down at the weighlifting venue of the Nehru Stadium on Wednesday though nobody was injured.

Holmes said the Games have been marred by several delays but she was hopeful that it would make the people of India proud.

"It is a fair point with a nation where so many people are in unfortunate positions, but I really hope the Games brings a different energy and makes some people feel proud. I just hope the general public in India will be given the chance to go to the Games," Holmes said.

CANADIAN ARCHERS PULL OUT OF DELHI GAMES

Canadian archers Kevin Tataryn and Dietmar Trillus have become the first Canadian athletes to pull out of the Commonwealth Games since concerns emerged this week over the condition of the athletes village in New Delhi.

Trillus told CBC Sports' Teddy Katz on Wednesday that he has withdrawn from the troubled event. Bob Tataryn, Kevin's father and an official with Archery Canada, said that his son is out.

Trillus, one of the world's top archers, was considered a medal contender in the men's compound bow — the same event in which Tataryn competes.

Trillus said his decision, arrived at after consulting with his wife, was based on several concerns — including health, security and the quality of accommodations.

"I've got from several sources that the athletes village is far from finished and extremely unsanitary, [and] the food is iffy at best. But what really concerns me the absolute most is the diseases that are running very rampant right now due to the monsoons, as well as the terrorism threats, which are apparently a very, very real thing…," Trillus said.

"I wouldn't let my children go there. What the heck am I doing getting on a plane to go there?"

Trillus, who's from King City, Ont., said his age also factored in his decision.

"I'm not a young man — I'm 52 years old," he said. "If I get sick from something like this, will I ever recover properly? We're not talking about the common flu here."

Canadian archery team leader Richard Towler said he's considering replacements for Trillus and Tataryn.

"We have many excellent compound archers in Canada and are presently working on sending alternates to compete in Delhi," Towler wrote in an email to CBCSports.ca.

Other archers still going

Earlier Wednesday, Canadian Commonwealth Games officials told several athletes to delay their trips to India. The women's field hockey team and two members of the shooting squad were scheduled to leave Canada on Thursday in order to arrive in Delhi on Friday.

Canadian chef de mission Martha Deacon told CBC News that their departures are being delayed by a few days because the athletes village is not yet up to code. Deacon said there are issues with hygiene, plumbing and electricity in some of the rooms in the village.

"We cannot put [athletes] in rooms unless we are confident they are safe and healthy," Deacon said.

Crispin Duenas, a teammate of Tataryn's, told CBCSports.ca that he still intends to go to India, and that he believes the rest of the Canadian archery squad plans to do likewise.

"As far as I'm concerned, I'm still going until my federation or the Commonwealth Games Committee tells me I'm not going."

Crispin said he's scheduled to travel to India on Sept. 28.

"As far as we know we're leaving on time."

these days pakistanis are living on cwg updates not food, on one side they say they don't care abt games while on other hand they keep all updates of cwg

so you should be thanking the Pakistanis; doing your job for you

lazy indians! :disagree::bunny:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Games Village: ******, and now, water-logged

gamesvillagemess.jpg

This is the games village for CWG. Looks like a village though but not a games village for CWG. :what:
:azn:

what the f*ck is that???? the lobby?! :hitwall:

Delhi govt to take over Games Village maintenance from DDA

New Delhi, Sep 22 (PTI) With questions being raised over the cleanliness in the Commonwealth Games Village, Union Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar tonight directed Delhi Government to take control of the maintenance of the complex which will house the athletes. The maintenance of the Games Village was under the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) which is under direct control of Union Urban Development Ministry.

Highly-placed sources told PTI that Chandrasekhar directed the city government to take control of the maintenance and cleanliness of the Games Village from tomorrow following criticism by the Commonwealth Games Federation. They said the CWG Organising Committee will be the overall incharge of the Games Village but Delhi government will look after the issues of maintenance and cleanliness.

Already 40 DANIPS (Delhi, Nicobar and Andaman Island Police Service) officers have been deployed in the Games Village and if required more officials will be put into service. Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will visit the Village tomorrow to assess the ground situation.

Cleanliness and maintenance of the Games Village had come under sharp criticism from foreign participants as well as Commonwealth Games Federation Chief Executive Mike Hooper who described the facility as "****** and unimaginable". Concerned over the unhygienic conditions at the Games Village, Commonwealth Games Federation chief Michael Fennell shot off a letter to Cabinet Secretary asking him to take immediate steps to fix the deficiencies in the residential zone of the Village, which he said has "shocked" advance parties from New Zealand, Canada, Scotland and Ireland.

"The final preparations for the Games Village have been of concern to the CGF since viewing the residential zone along with a number of Commonwealth Games Associations advance parties on September 15," Fennel said in a strongly-worded statement. But the embarrassed organisers, while promising to sort out all the glitches within the deadline, came out with a bizarre defence that the issue of cleanliness was a matter of difference in perception.

"For us and for you it is clean. But they (the foreign countries) have a different standard of cleanliness.

It is a matter of difference in perception," Organising Committee spokesperson Lalit Bhanot said. New Zealand Chef de Mission Dave Currie, who is camping in Delhi, threatened to pull out if the cleanliness issue of the residential zones where his country''s athletes will stay is not sorted out.

"There are some realities, I guess, that if the village is not ready and athletes can''t come then obviously the implications of that are it is not going to happen. If the village isn''t ready, the athletes can''t arrive," Currie said.

"It''s not our decision. We''re not saying we''re not coming or the country''s not coming.

What we''re saying is they''ve got a real challenge with the village and they need to take urgent attention to address it," he added.

so you should be thanking the Pakistanis; doing your job for you

lazy indians! :disagree::bunny:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

what the f*ck is that???? the lobby?! :hitwall:

Dude.. Lets talk 3rd Oct.. Till then the corrupt politicians of India have given the Pakistanis a free pass to enjoy our discomfort. Sad but true. But I guess you guys are aware of how it feels.. ;)

oh, i had forgot that u ppl have habit of keeping eyes on others......

shame...shame......bad habit:cheesy:

:lol::lol::lol:

yeah, well.

With all due respect, mi amigo, a lot of people have their eyes on this event...

wincing eyes :rofl:

Dude.. Lets talk 3rd Oct.. Till then the corrupt politicians of India have given the Pakistanis a free pass to enjoy our discomfort. Sad but true. But I guess you guys are aware of how it feels.. ;)

Dear Mr. karan,

im glad you brought it up. Because it was my intention to make a serious post in this thread regarding:

THE FACT THAT YOU indians WERE MOCKING, LAUGHING AT, AND MAKING UNFAIR STATEMENTS WHEN SRI LANKAN TEAM WAS ATTACKED IN PAKISTAN

do you realize that during such events, even the most die-hard talebans, and other fundamentalists drop everything to watch those games?

do you realize how important hosting international cricket was for us??? Do you realize the shame we felt that our guests were harmed?

Do you know how much hospitality and warmth for guests are CORNERSTONE of Pakistani culture???

It was a crummy crummy feeling!!!!!! Luckily thanks to quick reactions of the bus drivers; subsequent arrests; and the friendly nature of the Sri Lankans (who had similar issues back home we were helping them sort out) --any major damage was averted

but the damage WAS done

so finally now, I call this nothing more than karma. I call it nothing more than payback.

you can go and scroll through those old threads and see the amount of trolling u bhartis were engaging in.

Posting the news about the ongoing blunders @ CWG -- it PALES in comparison to the keyboard diarrhea we saw during that incident.

One way or the other.... Commonwealth Games have become most entertaining sporting event even before the opening ceremony. The question that whether there will be one is more exciting than any 100m sprint even with Usain bolt participating.

Bridge, False ceiling ... anyone willing to bet on what's gonna fall next - I hope some false Egos. Seeing a few heads rolling will also be soothing as well.

While the slogan Incredible India still holds true - the context has changed drastically.

IOC was asked if it was willing to take up the responsibility for this mess -

Pat came the reply "Humne kuch nahi kiya"

Dear Mr. karan,

im glad you brought it up. Because it was my intention to make a serious post in this thread regarding:

THE FACT THAT YOU indians WERE MOCKING, LAUGHING AT, AND MAKING UNFAIR STATEMENTS WHEN SRI LANKAN TEAM WAS ATTACKED IN PAKISTAN

do you realize that during such events, even the most die-hard talebans, and other fundamentalists drop everything to watch those games?

do you realize how important hosting international cricket was for us??? Do you realize the shame we felt that our guests were harmed?

Do you know how much hospitality and warmth for guests are CORNERSTONE of Pakistani culture???

It was a crummy crummy feeling!!!!!! Luckily thanks to quick reactions of the bus drivers; subsequent arrests; and the friendly nature of the Sri Lankans (who had similar issues back home we were helping them sort out) --any major damage was averted

but the damage WAS done

so finally now, I call this nothing more than karma. I call it nothing more than payback.

you can go and scroll through those old threads and see the amount of trolling u bhartis were engaging in.

Posting the news about the ongoing blunders @ CWG -- it PALES in comparison to the keyboard diarrhea we saw during that incident.

considering the above facts you should know how it feels and you shouldnt be mocking at others...

look, who is giving us advice .... whose country are expelled so many times from common wealth

expelled for what? Political reasons.

You want to know my personal opinion (and I'd be happy to hear from fellow comrades on this matter)

what is the Commonwealth anyways? A bunch of countries that say ''hey, i used to be a britisher colony....woop-dee-f*cking-doo!!!''

I was EXTREMELY vocal (even in letter to editor of Frontier Post, and The Nation) that we should celebrate the decision; and never go back to ''commonwealth''

it was more their loss than ours, to be honest

and no athletes want to visit the rubbish country apart from, let guess :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

we get the last laugh.....you cant even keep dogs from taking giant dumps on beds which were to be used by VIPs

put your money where your mouth is. CWG is in crisis --why dont you go volunteer and help clean up some of the rubble.

Where is indian pride and nationalism? Is it behind computer screen only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom