What's new

Currie: CWG could be called off

Status
Not open for further replies.
i vistited Bajaur to do a damage assesment, as i was involved in a small-scale solar power electrification project there

admittedly, that was the only area.....that's a ''frank'' answer for you. I did (within my means) donate for my affected comrades.

I am just me.....many many people helped (and are helping) in Pakistan, a lot of it unreported. Off-topic though.

Donated more than my salary........Visited areas continuously for 3 weeks with supplies (Small scale what we few friends can do).....Flood victims People living in my home (the one in the village) for free.....

Now tell me how much you did....Forget CWG....What you did for flood victims in your own country? or for the poor, Or for the homeless?

And I am proud of both of you. Keep it up. :tup:

Suresh Kalmadi is now real indian Villon yaar hahahha kalmadi khush hoa hahahah kitna mal tha re kalmadi sarkar 3000 khakha.hhahahhaha

hey man, take it easy, don't u see the comments from pakistanis ?? yes we messed up big time because of corrupt politicians. but called whole country sh!ty and all that, i cant take this. i just remind the hard realities, just a taste of their own medicine.
I see the comments of Pakistanis - and if you have faultered be ready to face some criticism. The CWG are in deep shi@t - LITRALLY.

Indian media has criticized the games much more severely than any of the Pakistani member - and it is justified to a great extent.

Why just blame the politicians - How many of us have received our Flats from private builders in time and in what condition. Accountability is something Indians do not believe in. We have become inherently lazy. Which project public or private has completed before time apart from Delhi Metro? We are used to delays and making smart *** comments to justify it. Do you want to compare India with Pakistan.

Acknowledge what is the most pathetic trait of Indians as a whole - which is complacency. Do not forget this failure by passing snide comments on Pakistanis rather tighten ur straps - take criticism on the face and pledge to make a difference - starting with our personal behavior.

^^^^^^^^

we have similar problems in Pakistan also; corruption, desire to ''cut corners'' and accountability (lack thereof)

therefore from my perspective, i can ''understand'' what the problem is here; but when it comes to such high profile events the Kalmadis and Dixshits and CWGs organizers + those that won the bids to do the work should have gotten their acts together AGES ago. Mother nature of course is to blame for some of the delays (15-20 days)

in Karachi, people were SLAVING themselves and running around like crazy just to ensure that IDEAS-2008 defence expo could go as planned --even though turnout was not as high as previous years (for reasons we know already)

silly to compare a Defence exhibition to ''commonwealth'' games but you get the idea......in your case, you have more favourable political environment but the presentation and execution are AWFUL

opposite in our case; we had shiny VIP arrangements and good presentation, but people (even some ''military'' people of foreign countries who are not supposed to be averse to some risk) were nervous about venturing out into Pakistan --especially after all the bad media coverages

^^^^^^^^

we have similar problems in Pakistan also; corruption, desire to ''cut corners'' and accountability (lack thereof)

therefore from my perspective, i can ''understand'' what the problem is here; but when it comes to such high profile events the Kalmadis and Dixshits and CWGs organizers + those that won the bids to do the work should have gotten their acts together AGES ago. Mother nature of course is to blame for some of the delays (15-20 days)

in Karachi, people were SLAVING themselves and running around like crazy just to ensure that IDEAS-2008 defence expo could go as planned --even though turnout was not as high as previous years (for reasons we know already)

silly to compare a Defence exhibition to ''commonwealth'' games but you get the idea......in your case, you have more favourable political environment but the presentation and execution are AWFUL

opposite in our case; we had shiny VIP arrangements and good presentation, but people (even some ''military'' people of foreign countries who are not supposed to be averse to some risk) were nervous about venturing out into Pakistan --especially after all the bad media coverages

well our political environment is the same as yours may be even verse. you guys are capable i had been there and i have seen it, its just that you guys were at the wrong place at the wrong time..

well our political environment is the same as yours may be even verse. you guys are capable i had been there and i have seen it, its just that you guys were at the wrong place at the wrong time..

no you dont have zardari and his cronies, who are the sole entities bankrupting the country

but anyways.....

Listen................I now I have really beaten the bush here about Indian incompetence, however, right now, I believe if India really wants to save face and change things around.........then the orders need to come from top down, the PM needs to go on a war footing with mobilising manpower and machinery to get the job done.....no its, no buts, get it sorted out. The pride of the entire nation is on his shoulders.......Many Indians even in this forum and out in India and beyond will be very heartbroken.

Turn the event around, by housing the athletes in hotels before the start of the games, that will give them about 10 days or so, extra work.........if the US can do this and put people up in hotels then there is no shame here.......everyone already knows of the shortcomings...........so what, if there going to opint fingers at small imperfections left.....

Also, get rid of these silly spokes persons and who have no experience and no spin teams to discuss things with before opening there mouth to the media........I mean, the tw@t who went on National Television and said our standards of hygiene is different when Westerners are complaining about feces and urine with dogs urinating on their beds is abit too much.......and the other loon who said the bridge collapse was a minor issue, wonder whats else is a minor issue in the eyes of this lunatic..............Get rid of them all to show the world how serious it is..........

India could have done this a long time ago when the CWG head came to stay in India and complained about the attitudes then, they should have been taken seriously and not brushed under the carpet..........nontheless, the house is now on fire, pointless blaming who done it and is time to take the fire out

u simply cant beat us in corruption, our telecom minister did a scandal of 32 bn dollar......., the money spends on CWG is 70000 cr rs. we can hold 2 olympics with this kind of money.. its a challenge nobody can beat us in corruption.

Gazzi wish we had someone like you in our organizing committee.:tup:

^^^^^^^^

I have a question - How significant is the role of media?? They have been crying a river about mismanagement and delays since ages and yet nothing came of it. What is the use of have a free media - if the ruling class treats it just as a barking dog which has no teeth.

Several issues have been raised overwhelmingly in recent times with response from government being nothing more than a shrug-off. Starting from CWG to Naxalite issues to even Kashmir. We have been reading so many articles questioning the govt. stand with hardly any effect on the thick skinned bureaucrats and politicians.

Even now all we are getting is "These are minor issues" and "All Izz well" sort of response from the officials.

It has moved beyond corruption. Corruption is there in most developing nations - but the lack of accountability and indifference is what takes it to an entirely different plane altogether. We are proudly joking about IST being Indian Stretchable Time, When we book our flats we are ourselves sure that we wont be getting possessions for atleast 2 years beyond the promised date. When we do get possession - 70% of the features mentioned in the brochure are left their itself. Instead of the promised swimming pool we get an additional block, instead of gymnasium we get a community centre. It is all accepted and even expected by most owners.

For economically weaker section problem is even more acute. They are promised relocation and end up losing even their present accommodation. National Rural employment scheme pays not to the needy but to the greedy. Food grain is ******* in the selos and people are starving. All the rancid grain is given to alcohol manufacturers.

What they have done now is allocated a IAS officer for each block of village and provided him with a team to conduct a cleanliness drive in the village. They will just make some quick-fix jugaads and things will go astray when athletes move in.

The civil construction in India is a big big mess. We have a policy of only offering jobs to contractors with huge economic backing a construction history of big projects. All we have is major contractors bagging the projects then splitting into smaller jobs and giving to sub contractor who again in turn give the jobs to still smaller contractors. In the end the job is done by the same smallest contractor with little or no experience at half the cost which was sanctioned by the govt. He has no option but to cut corners and basically do a substandard job. If he refuses - his survival itself would be hampered. In addition to this a major portion of money he receives has to be aid as bribe to get the job in the first place.

Ohh I am in a mood to rant. Should lie down and sleep now.

National Shame..And Indian Channels are Just bashing up more&more :(
Most Disgusting in they are repeatedly showing Someone Who Spit Pan on the Floors.Phew...

Most Disgusting in they are repeatedly showing Someone Who Spit Pan on the Floors.Phew...

I think they should convert the pan stains on delhi walls and floors as examples of community art. Whole india is the canvas and people are demonstrating their creativity.

one way or the othere is good ..hope the media puts some sence in these retards about the jobs they have done... and about spitting pan even god o might cant change that habit ... would be great full if they dont spit in the stadium!!1

one way or the othere is good ..hope the media puts some sence in these retards about the jobs they have done... and about spitting pan even god o might cant change that habit ... would be great full if they dont spit in the stadium!!1

Well the media in India and Pakistan have found there new freedom and they have gone abit too far over the other side thinking the journalistic morality lantern is in their hands alone.........unknown to them, the media in the West is expert in shifting facts to suit the needs of its country.......

I can guarantee, if the UK or US was facing this ill of the CEG in Delhi now, the western media would (a) have never reported as much as the Indian media had and (b) held interviews and talk shows with those who are optimistic about the event........

The media in India and Pakistan think, I am neutral, so I am now going to destroy my country to show the world journalism body about how fair we are as a reporter..........foolish trend

They need to know when to keep their mouth shut, when and how to manipulate the situation to favor the country, yes raise concerns and totally go to town about the event after the event is over to make sure this sort of thing doesn;t happen again...........

Dear Mr. karan,

im glad you brought it up. Because it was my intention to make a serious post in this thread regarding:

THE FACT THAT YOU indians WERE MOCKING, LAUGHING AT, AND MAKING UNFAIR STATEMENTS WHEN SRI LANKAN TEAM WAS ATTACKED IN PAKISTAN

do you realize that during such events, even the most die-hard talebans, and other fundamentalists drop everything to watch those games?

do you realize how important hosting international cricket was for us??? Do you realize the shame we felt that our guests were harmed?

Do you know how much hospitality and warmth for guests are CORNERSTONE of Pakistani culture???

It was a crummy crummy feeling!!!!!! Luckily thanks to quick reactions of the bus drivers; subsequent arrests; and the friendly nature of the Sri Lankans (who had similar issues back home we were helping them sort out) --any major damage was averted

but the damage WAS done

so finally now, I call this nothing more than karma. I call it nothing more than payback.

you can go and scroll through those old threads and see the amount of trolling u bhartis were engaging in.

Posting the news about the ongoing blunders @ CWG -- it PALES in comparison to the keyboard diarrhea we saw during that incident.

Making fun at the back of a terror strike which targets civilians is certainly disgusting, but folks on your side including yourself have been guilty of same, having refered to Mumbai terror strike as Mumbai drama a number of times. So why the melodrama about some Indians going to town about the attack on Sri Lankan team. I can easily turn it around and call that Karma too..... Payback.. you know..

And its a never ending circle. Sure, you can have your share of fun on the CWG embarrasing statements from western media. And I for one will not cry foul.

Tomorrow there will be something similarly embarrasing for Pakistan in the same media and folks from this side of the border will have a field day.

Guess thats what we have been doing most of the time these days on defence.pk. Blowing steam that is..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom