What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

“Almost all the factories in Xinjiang are Chinese-owned,” Haiyur said. “Often you would find a big poster outside the factories saying ‘We don’t need ethnic minorities for this position.’”

Han Chinese now account for half the province’s 21 million population, from 7 percent in the 1953 census.

if they are Racist . then what you are? how their population declined? Have nay Logical reasons ?

The uigher population has been increased from 3.29million in 1949 to 8.29million in 2000 and i don't know why you call that a decline?
The gradually change of composition of Xinjiang's population is due to the migration of people from neighbouring provinces for the reason that Xinjiang has long been emjoying a relatively high growth rate.(Also there are also uighur people migrated from Xinjiang to the eastern coastal area as well.)

http://hi.baidu.com/%D0%C2%BD%AE%B2%CE%BF%BC%D7%C9%D1%AF/blog/item/bfe90451ee44be2c43a75b05.html

BTW do you agree or disagree with idea of Free-migration for people within your own country?

I think Pakistanis have taken a realistic stand that nation states come first, its interests come first and ummah last. India is an exception, but wasn't long befoe Pakistanis were collecting money to fight in Chechnya. Its nice to see people have seen the light finally.

Hopefully we won't be hearing of Gujrat riots anymore as Gujrat is an integral part of India. All benefit.

Pakistanis have always raised voices for Muslims around the world whenever their causes are justified. Be that in Kashmir, Palestine, Chechnya or a host of other states. India is no exception.

We fully condemn this violence and whoever perpetrated it. However we will not be making politically motivated, sweeping and unqualified comments like some of our Indian members are itching to do so.

Also remind yourselves that the decades long atrocities in Kashmir by Indian state services or even the Gujrat massacres are obviously way more outrageous, deadly and condemnable than anything that’s happen in China recently. As is half a century long violent Israeli suppression of Palestinians or Russia’s brutal campaign against Chechens that leveled whole cities, etc. I can understand how a few of you are dying for some rhetorical payback for when we pointed out your own excesses in Kashmir and elsewhere, but the fact remains that Kashmir is Disputed Territory militarily annexed by India therefore there are hardly any parallels. Even in the Indian mainland the atrocities against Muslims should give Indians reason for modestly and restrain when discussing this ugly episode in China, least you be branded hypocrites.

Also remind yourselves that the decades long atrocities in Kashmir by Indian state services or even the Gujrat massacres are obviously way more outrageous, deadly and condemnable than anything that’s happen in China recently. As is half a century long violent Israeli suppression of Palestinians or Russia’s brutal campaign against Chechens that leveled whole cities, etc. I can understand how a few of you are dying for some rhetorical payback for when we pointed out your own excesses in Kashmir and elsewhere, but the fact remains that Kashmir is Disputed Territory militarily annexed by India therefore there are hardly any parallels. Even in the Indian mainland the atrocities against Muslims should give Indians reason for modestly and restrain when discussing this ugly episode in China, least you be branded hypocrites.

These so called decade long Atrocities claimed by Pakistani media is the Indian response to insurgency just similar to Pakistani army's offensive in Swat and NWFP. ........ terrorists deserve to die.....and you may like to call them by the name of mujahidins/fidayins/talibanis but the fact is they are terrorists... Just because they are in Kashmir does not make them less bad..... they've got guns....they have got bombs and they kill ......so they deserve to be killed....

Why this hipocracy .....your army action against insurgents is called national duty....but India's action against similar insurgents is called cruality...brutality...atrocities...

And if Kashmir is a disputed region then Pakistan has the other half of the disputed region....you tell me what has Pakistan done for Pakistan administered Kashmir apart from stationing your army over there.....there is a dummy government though...to fool the world...

Gujarat incident was wrong and both communities were party to it.....do you know that Hindus got killed in the train burnt by Muslim mob....and in subsequent riots as well.....but i guess you simply can't see that.....they were not a right thing and entire country was against them...

Regarding your claim that Muslims are ill treated in India......then let me tell you a Muslim has equal rights just like a Hindu....but you can't expect freebies if you don't have skills to earn a living..........if Muslim is educated and qualified he gets his due share of respect and money in India and a Hindu who is not educate lives his life like a beggar....thats equality or you......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslims_of_independent_India

Now can you proved a list of successful Hindus in Pakistan?

The uigher population has been increased from 3.29million in 1949 to 8.29million in 2000 and i don't know why you call that a decline?
The gradually change of composition of Xinjiang's population is due to the migration of people from neighbouring provinces for the reason that Xinjiang has long been emjoying a relatively high growth rate.(Also there are also uighur people migrated from Xinjiang to the eastern coastal area as well.)

ÊÔÂÛ1949ÄêÒÔºóн®ºº×åÒÆÃñµÄÀàÐÍÓ빦Ч_н®²Î¿¼×Éѯ

BTW do you agree or disagree with idea of Free-migration for people within your own country?

So you Mean to say that They Migrated from Xinjiang to other parts of china and HAN Chinese came from Other Part to Xinjiang , Why?

Why did Han Comes to same land where Uigher is migrating from? and why Uigher migrated from land which attracted Han population?

So the reason why I posted the article is to draw your attention to the fact that despite all the grandiloquence of Muslim brotherhood espoused by many members here in relation to Indian Muslims (Kashmiris included), it all boils down to business and realpolitik when it come to affairs between countries. Religion has no place in it. Case in point - China & Pakistan.

Dont think so.......you indians with the help of a state govt killed muslim in there thousands.....you have pushed muslims in india to the lowest point on all social-economic indicators and the killing of muslims is going on full paced in kashmir.

Its all to do with justice..

Main ethnic division: 45% Uighur, 40% Han Chinese

26 June: Mass factory brawl after dispute between Han Chinese and Uighurs in Guangdong, southern China, leaves two Uighurs dead

5 July: Uighur protest in Urumqi over the dispute turns violent, leaving 156 dead - most of them thought to be Han - and more than 1,000 hurt

7 July: Uighur women protest at arrests of menfolk. Han Chinese make armed counter-march
BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Some mosques defy order to shut

So you want us muslims to go around protesting against the chinese becauce 156 han chinese where killed and over a thousand hurt?:crazy:

So you Mean to say that They Migrated from Xinjiang to other parts of china and HAN Chinese came from Other Part to Xinjiang , Why?

Why did Han Comes to same land where Uigher is migrating from? and why Uigher migrated from land which attracted Han population?

thats not the case... anyway... Hans are more educated in tech subjects... also they speak & write Chinese... another advantage... so they are more preferable... Uighurs on the contrary less educated in tech subjects like engineering, medicine.... also they dont speak and write Chinese... these are reasons to new factories and hospitals to get suitable employees... :)

now if you go to America... & demand jobs when you only know Arabic for example... will you get job? .... perhaps you cant even get visa... :)

Dont think so.......you indians with the help of a state govt killed muslim in there thousands.....you have pushed muslims in india to the lowest point on all social-economic indicators and the killing of muslims is going on full paced in kashmir.

Do you have a link that gives the count of Muslims killed in Jammu and Kashmir ......
Here is what your so called mujahidins did in Kashmir...

Genocide in Kashmir

1. 400,000 Kashmiri Pandits, constituting 99% of the total population of Hindus living in Muslim majority area of the Kashmir Valley, were forcibly pushed out of the Valley by Muslim terrorists, trained in Pakistan, since the end of 1989. They have been forced to live the life of exiles in their own country, outside their homeland, by unleashing a systematic campaign of terror, murder, loot and arson.

2. Genocide of Kashmiri Pandits has reached its climax with Muslim terrorism succeeding in 'CLEANSING' the valley of this ancient ethno-religious community.

3. Educational Institutions burnt, damaged forcefully occupied : 105

4. Religious & Cultural Institutions Destroyed/burnt, damaged : 103

5. Shops, Factories looted/burnt/occupied : 14,430

6. Agriculture dependent families deprived of their land and source of income : 20,000

7. Horticulture dependent families deprived of their resource : 12,500

8. Houses Burnt : more than 20,000

9. Houses looted : 95%

10. Torture killings of Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley : more than 1,100

Pakistanis have always raised voices for Muslims around the world whenever their causes are justified. Be that in Kashmir, Palestine, Chechnya or a host of other states. India is no exception.

We fully condemn this violence and whoever perpetrated it. However we will not be making politically motivated, sweeping and unqualified comments like some of our Indian members are itching to do so.

Hey Hey hey , when Hypocrites...lol ....... Who me Indians or you Pakistani ......:rofl::rofl::rofl: I think Hypocrites definition is changed??

Starting Point
Gujarat : train Burn by Muslims ; Hindu Crowd reacted back. Indian Admin Taken One Side .

China : 2 Uighurs Labour get Killed Uighurs, Rampaged Han Chinese , and HAN Chinese Reacted Back . Chinese Admin Taken One side.

PAK Reaction : Gujarat is condemn, but not Uighurs because they supply Military weapons and if we Critical, then they stop those things.

So Mr Who is Hypocrite?? You only choose to react which suits your need, I dont heard about Muslims reacting to Sudan Muslims done to non-Muslims their? Non

you have pushed muslims in india to the lowest point on all social-economic indicators

My friends would highly disagree with you.
-------

What about in Pakistan why are there so many suicide bombers, terrorists(Talibans), etc. ?

GOOD Education plays a important role. I hope you are able to understand what i am trying to say.

----------------

“Uighurs were prevented from celebrating a traditional festival, banned from gathering in public and forced to learn Chinese, he said. ”

if anyone, no matter what nationalaties he/she belongs to, can't speak chinese how could he find better jobs and earn a better life for hemself in china if he can't communicate with his co-workers?
another example:
why you choose english instead of Hindo or Urdo or chinese to be the working languege in this forum?

i'm not a native english speaker but to do business with other country i have to learn english, that is just the same case.

if my uighur compatraits have to learn chinese, then it is 'the authority's plot to cleaning their culture'
else if they do not speak chinese, then they can't find good jobs and it becomes the authority's fault of discrimination.

These so called decade long Atrocities claimed by Pakistani media is the Indian response to insurgency just similar to Pakistani army's offensive in Swat and NWFP. ........ terrorists deserve to die.....and you may like to call them by the name of mujahidins/fidayins/talibanis but the fact is they are terrorists... Just because they are in Kashmir does not make them less bad..... they've got guns....they have got bombs and they kill ......so they deserve to be killed....

Why this hipocracy .....your army action against insurgents is called national duty....but India's action against similar insurgents is called cruality...brutality...atrocities...

Does pakistan go on about all the other freedom movements in india and theres plenty that want to split from india?........your indian army has killed tens of thousands and raped thousands which can not be compared to the ops in swat or in china.

Its really simple if the freedom fighters attack the indian army while terrorist attck innocent people.

And if Kashmir is a disputed region then Pakistan has the other half of the disputed region....you tell me what has Pakistan done for Pakistan administered Kashmir apart from stationing your army over there.....there is a dummy government though...to fool the world...

I am from AJK and i can say first hand we are happy a lot happier then my cousins in IOK......the question should be what has pakistan not done for AJK.

Gujarat incident was wrong and both communities were party to it.....do you know that Hindus got killed in the train burnt by Muslim mob....and in subsequent riots as well.....but i guess you simply can't see that.....they were not a right thing and entire country was against them...

What utter rubbish......your own govt says the train was not attcked but a fire broke out by accident and the hindus blamed the muslims.

I hope you can see that mumbai attackers where also right in the context you are talking about.....after all they where just a reaction to what the hindus did in gujrat.....after all "both communities were party to it".

Regarding your claim that Muslims are ill treated in India......then let me tell you a Muslim has equal rights just like a Hindu....but you can't expect freebies if you don't have skills to earn a living..........if Muslim is educated and qualified he gets his due share of respect and money in India and a Hindu who is not educate lives his life like a beggar....thats equality or you......

List of Muslims of independent India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There survey after survey that shows that the muslims of india are being forced to the bottom.....go google muslim in india.

Now can you proved a list of successful Hindus in Pakistan?

First of all how many hindus are there in pakistan compared to muslims in india?

My friends would highly disagree with you.
GOOD Education plays a important role. I hope you are able to understand what i am trying to say.

Have the lives of muslims improved over the last 60 odd years under india is the real question.
By all indicators it has got worse and worse over the decades in every area.
By Simon Denyer..take the armed forces of india.
NEW DELHI, Nov 6 (Reuters) - There are scarcely any Muslims working in India's 10,000-strong external intelligence agency, and neither Muslims nor Sikhs working as bodyguards for the country's top leaders, according to officials and media reports.

Mainly Hindu but officially secular India has its first Sikh prime minister, Manmohan Singh, but his community is not trusted enough to guard him, according to Outlook magazine this week.

The magazine said India's minority Muslims were not trusted by the security apparatus because of fears they could sympathise with the country's mainly Muslim neighbour and long-time foe Pakistan.

It said none had been recruited by the country's external spy agency, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), since 1969.

The domestic Intelligence Bureau (IB) had decided to recruit Muslims in the l990s, Outlook said, but the organisation still only had a "handful" of Muslim officers.

A government spokesman declined to comment on the report.

An intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Outlook was wrong to say there were no Muslims in RAW but right to say there were scarcely any.

Nor were there any working as bodyguards in the Special Protection Group (SPG) assigned to protecting current and former prime ministers and their families, he said.

"It is an unwritten rule in the SPG that they cannot recruit a Muslim or a Sikh," he told Reuters.

A.S. Dulat, who served as RAW chief from 1999 to 2000, said he did not recall coming across any Muslims in the organisation but could not confirm the Outlook report.

"If we do not have any Muslims obviously this is a handicap," he told Reuters. "If there are no Muslims, there must have been a reluctance to take them in. It is also not easy to find that many Muslims."

"NEED FOR MUSLIMS ACUTE"

Sikhs have not been used as bodyguards since Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by her personal Sikh bodyguards in 1984 at the height of a Sikh insurgency, Outlook said.

Dulat said Sikhs had come "under a cloud" following Gandhi's murder, but found it hard to believe they would still be excluded from bodyguard duties today.

The status of India's estimated 140 million minority Muslims is the subject of intense debate.

Leaked excerpts of a specially commissioned report, due to be published this month, have shown Muslims are significantly underrepresented in government jobs and in the judiciary but overrepresented in the prison populations in many Indian states.

There are just 29,000 Muslims in India's 1.3-million strong armed forces, according to the defence ministry.

But Outlook magazine's report will also raise concerns about whether India's intelligence gathering will be effective without Muslim agents and officers.

"The need for Muslim officers in intelligence-gathering is acute," another former RAW chief, Girish Chandra Saxena, was quoted as saying. "There are very few people who have knowledge of Urdu or Arabic. The issue has to be addressed."

India is not alone in failing to recruit Muslims to the top levels of its security and intelligence apparatus.

America's Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) are still reportedly struggling to recruit Arabic, Urdu and Farsi speakers five years after the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States.

Sikhs constitute nearly two percent of India's 1.1 billion population and the army is currently headed by General J.J. Singh, a Sikh.

(Additional reporting by Y.P. Rajesh)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prison is the only place where Muslims are over-represented

New Delhi, October 28: In sharp contrast to education and employment, where their share is way, way below their share of the population, Muslims have a disproportionately high representation when it comes to being in prison.

In fact, in many states, Muslims even make up a higher percentage of the population in jail than they do outside.

This statistic, a key finding of the Prime Minister-appointed Justice Rajinder Sachar committee — which is looking into the status of Muslims nationwide — has major social and political implications. Such a high figure of incarceration, experts say, means further marginalisation of the community, deepening prejudice and distrust.

While there is no break-up of the nature of the crime for which these inmates have been imprisoned, sources said the total number of inmates surveyed is 102,652 and a majority of them are not in for terrorism.

A dozen states with significant Muslim population shares were asked to furnish statistics on the number of Muslims in prison, convicted and under-trials. West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Andhra Pradesh have not reported back to the committee on this so the data available is only for eight states that did.

Incidentally, West Bengal, UP and Bihar, as was first reported in The Indian Express this week, rank at the bottom when it comes to representation of Muslims in Government employment, including state public sector undertakings and the lower judiciary.

Data accessed by The Sunday Express shows that when it comes to Muslims in the prison population, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Kerala are the most disproportionate.

• In Maharashtra, the percentage of Muslim jail inmates in all categories (see chart) is way above their share in the population (Muslim share in population is 10.6%, share in the total prison inmates is 32.4%.

• When it comes to those in prison for less than a year, Muslims contribute 40.6% of all prisoners in Maharashtra.

• In Gujarat, the percentage of Muslims in the state is just 9.06% but they make up over a quarter of all jail inmates.

• Assam, the second highest Muslim populated state in the country, after J&K, has 30.9% Muslims, and here, the percentage of Muslim jail inmates is 28.1.

• Even Karnataka, which did relatively better than other states in providing jobs to Muslims, shows the same trend: 17.5% of its jail inmates are Muslim as compared with 12.23% of its population
Prison is the only place where Muslims are over-represented

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The data, accessed by The Indian Express, shows:

94.9 per cent of Muslims in Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in rural areas do not receive free foodgrains.

While only 3.2 per cent of Muslims get subsidised loans, just 1.9 per cent of the community benefit from the Antyodaya Anna Yojana Scheme, a programme meant to prevent starvation among the poorest of poor by providing food grains at a subsidised rate.

60.2 per cent of Muslims do not have any land in rural areas. National average: 43%

Just 2.1 per cent of Muslim farmers have tractors. With 15,25,000 tractors, India ranks No.4 after US, Japan and Italy

A mere 1 per cent own handpumps.

On the educational front, the picture is equally dismal: 54.6 per cent Muslims in villages and 60 per cent in urban areas have never attended schools. National average: 40.8 per cent in rural areas and 19.9 per cent in urban areas.

Only 0.8 per cent of Muslims in rural areas are graduates.

Although in urban areas, nearly 40 per cent of the Muslims now receive modern education, only 3.1 per cent of the community in urban areas are graduates. Just 1.2 per cent are post-graduates.

When contacted by The Indian Express, Justice Sachar said: These figures are based on what people and organisations told us when we met them in the states. But they need to be analysed before arriving at any final conclusion. The committee is yet to submit its report.

The committee also found shocking instances of discrimination against the community. These include cases of Muslims not getting loans from even nationalised banks and finding it difficult to sell or buy property.

There is an implicit diktat that loans should not be given in specific areas dominated by Muslims because of the high probability of default the committee observed after its visit to Rajasthan between August 22 and 24 last year.

The committee also found inadequate number of government schools in the Muslim-dominated areas contributing to the low number of Muslim boys and girls attending the schools.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What about in Pakistan why are there so many suicide bombers, terrorists(Talibans), etc. ?

Can you tell why there so many indian separatist movements from kashmir,khalistan to Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh ect and why do they around bombing and killing people.

Does pakistan go on about all the other freedom movements in india and theres plenty that want to split from india?........your indian army has killed tens of thousands and raped thousands which can not be compared to the ops in swat or in china.

Its really simple if the freedom fighters attack the indian army while terrorist attck innocent people.

I am from AJK and i can say first hand we are happy a lot happier then my cousins in IOK......the question should be what has pakistan not done for AJK.

What utter rubbish......your own govt says the train was not attcked but a fire broke out by accident and the hindus blamed the muslims.

I hope you can see that mumbai attackers where also right in the context you are talking about.....after all they where just a reaction to what the hindus did in gujrat.....after all "both communities were party to it".

There survey after survey that shows that the muslims of india are being forced to the bottom.....go google muslim in india.

First of all how many hindus are there in pakistan compared to muslims in india?

Do you have links of those tens of thousands of news items that claim that India army raped and Killed tens of thousands of people in any part of the world?

If these so called freedom fighters attack Army...what is army supposed to do.....enjoy the shower of bullets and let them go because Pakistan claims they re freedom fighters... Attack on army means they are at war with army and army should kill them...just like American and Pakistani army is killing Talibanis...

Your happiness is subjective....even a poor farmer is happy considering his mindset....

I gave you a list of Muslims in India who are successful...and similar list of Successful Hindus in India is also available......

there are people from NY city migrate to california and vise wersa。the case between New Dheli adn Membai and no comment on your intelligience.

still regards.

Do you have links of those tens of thousands of news items that claim that India army raped and Killed tens of thousands of people in any part of the world?

Yes

If these so called freedom fighters attack Army...what is army supposed to do.....enjoy the shower of bullets and let them go because Pakistan claims they re freedom fighters... Attack on army means they are at war with army and army should kill them...just like American and Pakistani army is killing Talibanis...

Your a occupation army in kashmir just like the american in afganistan so its lawful and right for the freedom fighters to attck invading-occupation armies.

Your happiness is subjective....even a poor farmer is happy considering his mindset....

Unless his an indian farmer under debt and he commits suicide......how many farmers in india have killed themselfs in the recent years?.....go google it.

I gave you a list of Muslims in India who are successful...and similar list of Successful Hindus in India is also available......

Answer the simple qeustion i asked you......how many hindus are there in pakistan compared to muslims in india?

Back
Top Bottom