What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

How do I not see any outrage by members here? We recently had a whole thread where one poster argued that two students who got beat up in an Indian college were definitely Muslim and condemned the Indians as bigots, but no one condemns China for their heavy handed response in this case.

Good question gubbi. Only Pakistani/Muslims posters can answer this. If Xinjiang was Uttar Pradesh, I got feeling that response might of been more harsh and different from some members. :coffee::undecided:

Another Muslim group funded and used by West for their own interests.

Attachments

• Rabiye xanim  Bush bilen ayrim.jpg
    Rabiye xanim Bush bilen ayrim.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 18
i really wanted to see somebody answering Gubbi's question, anybody???

Its may be as bad as the treatment of Muslims in India (on many occasions) or not but people are not going to bad mouth China not knowing exactly what is transpiring there. There are diplomatic sensitivities as well as certain feelings of friendship between the Pakistani nation and the Chinese which make it difficult for us to pass judgment on the Chinese. With India, we know the exact deal because so many of those who live in Pakistan have lived or seen the lives of Muslims in India and there is quite a bit of documented evidence as well as news coverage of this from India.

You can call it what you want, however given that so little is coming out of China makes it that much harder to judge them (I know whatever little some of you Indians find you will push it just to try to draw a wedge here and elsewhere).

On another note, I do know that quite a few governments (Muslim ones) are nudging China to look into the issue from a holistic standpoint as this problem can also become one which could lead to greater militancy in the overall region (similar to the Chechen issue). Obviously Pakistan and these other countries will not cut diplomatic ties over this issue (for that matter we have never cut ties with India despite all of the problems).

Last edited:
Attack on Muslims in China decried - Ludhiana - Cities - The Times of India

The Imam appealed to the Muslim community in India to boycott Chinese-made goods.

------

Mubarak! I wonder if that Imam suggested the same to his community over the carnage of Muslims in Chechnya. My advice to the Indians is to not try to pull cheap shots here by highlighting points to instigate. When was the last time you posted an article about an Indian Imam decrying the atrocities of the Indian forces in IoK? Who has the guts to do so in India? I am sure the day the Imam says something of this nature, your RSS crackpots will burn him and his family alive.

Simply amazing tactics of instigation...:disagree::lol:

Good question gubbi. Only Pakistani/Muslims posters can answer this. If Xinjiang was Uttar Pradesh, I got feeling that response might of been more harsh and different from some members. :coffee::undecided:

It is rare for other Muslim countries to comment on issues in India too. Often it is treated as an interference in internal matters if you comment on other countries affairs. If Indian govt. is asked to comment on the issue, I can bet that they'll say "no comments" too.

Pakistan's comments on Kashmir is an exception, not the rule.

It is rare for other Muslim countries to comment on issues in India too. Often it is treated as an interference in internal matters if you comment on other countries affairs. If Indian govt. is asked to comment on the issue, I can bet that they'll say "no comments" too.

That too because Kashmir is a disputed region.

We are not looking for GOP's comments on this issue. It's China's internal matter and they will take care of it. But if this was happened in India, do you think some posters would of licking thier chops to take shots at India. Why so fair and wait for the news theory on other country but not India? Lets wait for neutral sources when it happens in friendly country but if it happenes in India, some people would just make up their mind before they even finish reading the news. Interesting for sure, dont you think so?

We are not looking for GOP's comments on this issue. It's China's internal matter and they will take care of it. But if this was happened in India, do you think some posters would of licking thier chops to take shots at India. Why so fair and wait for the news theory on other country but not India? Lets wait for neutral sources when it happens in friendly country but if it happenes in India, some people would just make up their mind before they even finish reading the news. Interesting for sure, dont you think so?

Posters would be on India's case because of what they know vs. what we do not know of China. Unlike China, people in Pakistan have relatives. We have proximity to the country, we know the politics at the expense of Muslims that are played out in India thus the harsh criticism by Pakistanis (however I must point out that the Indian sides leaves no opportunity to hurt Pakistan and her image either). As much as you folks try to put on a "don't care" attitude with regards to Pakistan, one only has to go to your media sources, or your forums to read what people think about Muslims in India as well as Pakistan.

I know this is going off on a different tangent, however pay heed to my earlier point. Do not post these articles posing as if you care about the poor Uighurs. Their misery is being used to score political points for the Indian treatment of its Muslim minority.

Posters would be on India's case because of what they know vs. what we do not know of China.

And this is suppose to be good thing that you dont know?

Do not post these articles posing as if you care about the poor Uighurs. Their misery is being used to score political points for the Indian treatment of its Muslim minority.

I dont think I have stated anywhere I am criticizing chinese and taking side of the Uighurs, please read my post again. I believe you have misunderstood my or gubbi's question. You guys are always suspicious and look conspiricy theories in everything. These quesions are very simple.

Mubarak! I wonder if that Imam suggested the same to his community over the carnage of Muslims in Chechnya. My advice to the Indians is to not try to pull cheap shots here by highlighting points to instigate. When was the last time you posted an article about an Indian Imam decrying the atrocities of the Indian forces in IoK? Who has the guts to do so in India? I am sure the day the Imam says something of this nature, your RSS crackpots will burn him and his family alive.
Simply amazing tactics of instigation...:disagree::lol:

You are a "supermod" and even you cant stick to topic. What imam in Ludhiana did or what not, relevent to this issue. Firstly this news about indian imam does not belong in this thread. And you blain have to bring Kashmir, RSS and conspiricy theories in to this. The quesion is very simple people.

Apparently, according to many a members' posts here, its a sacrilege/criminal act if a few Indian Muslims are kind of discriminated against (it is of course bad), but its alright if chinese muslims are killed by their comrades. How do I not see any outrage by members here? We recently had a whole thread where one poster argued that two students who got beat up in an Indian college were definitely Muslim and condemned the Indians as bigots, but no one condemns China for their heavy handed response in this case.

The ill intention to label an economic-equality issue with religion color is so blatant and pathetic!

Remind you that the rioters were also attacking Muslims, including Uighur and Hui.

Moreover, there were also many instances that Uighurs protected Han during the riots according to various un-official sources. How do you explain this?

Thus, your try is doomed to reduce into laughter before the knowledged.

Why don't you enable yourself to access Chinese source for a more complete picture instead of relying on Western ones?

:lol:

May be they are not silence after all.

Turkey wants U.N. to discuss Xinjiang violence

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkey's Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday his country will ask the U.N. Security Council to discuss ways of ending ethnic violence in China's northwestern region of Xinjiang.

Predominantly Muslim Turkey has a non-permanent seat at the Security Council. At least 156 people have been killed in clashes between Uighurs and Han Chinese in the capital of Xinjiang. Uighurs are a Turkic people who share linguistic and cultural bonds with central Asia.

"We will put the events happening in the Xinjiang Uighur autonomous region onto the agenda of the United Nations' Security Council," Erdogan told a meeting of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in Istanbul.

On Tuesday, around 250 protesters in the capital Ankara briefly scuffled with police outside the Chinese Embassy.

Turkey is a common destination for Uighurs who have emigrated from China and Turkish pan-Turkic groups see the ethnic group as the easternmost frontier of Turkic ethnicity.

How many Uighurs died compared to han..?

As far as i can gather the Uighurs attacked the han and killed a lot of people and the next day there was a reaction by the han and it turned into riots.

So you want us to support any muslim group and it does not matter if its right or wrong?

Back
Top Bottom