What's new

Culture wars: Pakistan to demand 4,500 old artefact back from India

I don't have to read Hindu mythology.

My grand grand grand grand grand parents were Hindus and something else before that and they built nurtured these great civilizations. Just like Egyptian and Semites were something else before they were Jews, Christians, Muslims etc.

Now some people thousands of miles across come here and start laying claims on that, just like some of them are doing for Egyptian and Inca civilizations (because some of their mythologies say that and they "believe" in it).

What do we call such vultures? **** off!

You are our enemey and you have stolen it from us.

We want it back.

Most Pakistanis here associate themselves with the Muslim invaders and even celebrate the genocide of Hindus in Hindukush, repeatedly......so their claim on Hindu ancestry or IVC is highly questionable. You can't conveniently be the conquering Muslims and defeated Hindus of that region at the same time, can you? First decide who you are, then stick to it for some time, and then come back.

Quite lame excuses wont you agree. Hindu nationalism trumps all in India. My point was in reference to someone who dragged in religion and hence my valid point is indisputable. Rest i dont care two hoot about that ugly statue or that old rusty building. Art and History have never been my thing.

You are arguing with a wall bro.

These fanatic Hindus have started to believe that everyone was Hindu and therefore they are inheritors of their belongings. Quite a conveniet way to steal things, I would say.

Soon they will start laying claims on Egyptian and Inca civilizations as well.

Most Pakistanis here associate themselves with the Muslim invaders

I don't care what they associate themselves with.

We Pakistanis are the true inheritors of IVC.

You can keep believing in whatever mythologies, but you have nothing to do with IVC and Ghandara.

Now go and get another fresh bollywood dose from your jingoistic media and Modi about "SirGKal" strikes.

And you destroyed Mosques, Churches and Gurdwara's.
Oh!
That must be the reason we are a country that has the third highest population of muslims in the world.
Holi and divali are south Indian Hindu practices nit culture ones.
You're wrong bro.
Malayalis or ppl of my state used to not celebrate diwali or holi, till very recently.
These are north Indian festivals.
Though north Indian culture now seems to have influenced the south and I'm not complaining. :)

Absolute lies. Hindus across the world celebrate Diwali in honor of the return of Lord Rama, his wife Sita and his brother Lakshmana from exile of 14 years after Rama defeated Ravana. To honor the return of Lord Rama, Sita and Lakshmana from Lanka and to illuminate their path, villagers light Diyas to celebrate the triumph of good over evil.

There is a symbolic legend to explain why Holi is celebrated as a festival of colours. The word "Holi" originates from "Holika", the evil sister of the demon king Hiranyakashipu. The festival itself is believed to have origins from the Prahladpuri Temple[17] of Multan in the Punjab region.[18] The original temple of Prahladpuri is said to have been built by Prahlada, Hiranyakashipu's son.[19]

I've never seen a muslim Punjabi celebrate Visakhi.

The point still stands, if pakistanis are so concerned about customs and culture of their supposed ancestors, why don't you celebrate their celebrations?

Nor do we define ourselves as the "Hindu Republic of India" so we have no problems accepting other religions as our own.
Thank you for proving my point that its a Hindu festival! Not a cultural one.

I've never seen a muslim Punjabi celebrate Visakhi.
It's not my fault that you've never been to Pakistani Punjab, Muslim along with Sikh pilgrims overwhelmingly celebrate visaakhi every year. I think since you are a south Indian so you don't have any idea about the cultural practices of Punjab! Ask any Indian Punjabi Sikh, who had the opportunity to visit Panja Sahab in Pak-------

How many times are you guys gonna embarrasse yourself at UN, tell me one incident where Pakistan won against India at UN.. Name one!!

UNESCO is the proper platform for getting back stolen ancient relics.

And Pakistan is doing the proper thing to go to UNESCO.

Anyway come on guys you have CPEC the greatest thing ever happened to humanity.. That can keep your history rich for the next thousand years... Leave those useless statues to India! Good night!!!

It's not my fault that you've never been to Pakistani Punjab, Muslim along with Sikh pilgrims overwhelmingly celebrate visaakhi every year. I think since you are a south Indian so you don't have any idea about the cultural practices of Punjab! Ask any Indian Punjabi Sikh, who had the opportunity to visit Panja Sahab in Pak-------

Exactly, Gurduwaras are being taken really good care of. Every Sikh Yatri who has been in Pakistan can testify to that.

Malyalis or ppl of my state used to not celebrate diwali or holi, till very recently.
I've read somewhere that there exist Hindus in south India, I think Tamils who hold ravana , the arch enemy of lord Ram in high esteem and divali is celebrated coz ravana was killed by Lord Ram, right! So this might be the reason for south Indians for not adopting this north Indian festival?

Oh!
That must be the reason we are a country that has the third highest population of muslims in the world.
That would also explain how a Hindu extremist like Modi who played a major role in Muslims genocide in Gujrat made it to the seat of a PM even when he was blacklisted by the US :lol:(Kindly grab the point and spare me the technicalities or "facts"). As i mentioned earlier i really am not interested in Indian version of reality or Pakistani version of things. Just wanted to let him know that there are two sides to coin, if you BHARTEEZ are not willing to accept our narrative then do expect us to reciprocate the same, hence futile argument, no? Pakistan is taking it to UNESCO let's see what they decide. Period

I've read somewhere that there exist Hindus in south India, I think Tamils who hold ravana , the arch enemy of lord Ram in high esteem and divali is celebrated coz ravana was killed by Lord Ram, right! So this might be the reason for south Indians for not adopting this north Indian festival?
Let me tell you, as a Hindu we have more than one version of Ramayana.
To me its perfectly okay to hold Ravana in high esteem, after all he kidnapped Sita only after his sister was "dishonored" by Lord Rama and his younger brother (ostensibly). Characters in our mythology come as close to reality as possible, they have grey shades and not just B&W, not even Lord Ram is spared.
Now, now dont misconstrue what i said. I can explain it to you in detail later elsewhere.

The real reason for holi and diwali being celebrated in North India is different. In north there's a marked difference between seasons, and not so in south India. For example holi falls on vernal equinox, which means it is considered the beginning of spring.
So these festivals are not just about mythology. :)

That would also explain how a Hindu extremist like Modi who played a major role in Muslims genocide in Gujrat made it to the seat of a PM even when he was blacklisted by the US :lol:
Oh!
I wonder why was he conferred the highest civilian honour in Saudi Arabia then?

... friends...this belongs to you! Are you going to let your heritage stolen?

BTW this is just half timeframe of your known history...

Dont let your history and heritage be robbed in broad day light...

You are next bro, soon they are gonna claim "Qin Shi Huang" was Hindu too (because they believe so) and hence Terracotta army also belongs to India. :rofl:

Oh!
I wonder why was he awarded the highest civilian honour in Saudi Arabia then?

Things happen. Stranger things.

Like all those "Mujahideen" (OBL and his fellows) were received with red carpet in the White House and given the greatest honor in America by comparing them to American founding fathers..

As I said, stranger things happen... but the deeds of these people remain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom