What's new

Cultural Identity of All Indians Is Hindutva: RSS Chief

Hindutva is Indianess which is another word for Hindu-ness. As explained by the article it has nothing to do with worship of one or other god, but it is cultural. Like the way Pakistanis also claim that they follow Indian culture. Likewise, Indian Muslims also follow Indian culture. The word Indian itself is an anglicized derivative of Hindu/Hindi.

If its another word for Hinduness then why not use Indian instead of hindutva by RSS and such extremist Hindu outfits?

And what is this Indian culture aka Hinudtva culture if you can explain?

If its this culture can you call us Hindutvas as well? ;) after all you mentioned us

RSS has become really active these days.......

:) the GOI policy is as weak as anything cant stop the general biased behaviour created by such groups and parties.
Thats why it matters what he says.
Making a mountain out of a molehill... thats' what you are trying to do.. Old man has right to hold an opinion...and propagate it the way he likes... at least he is not calling for war on a country out in the open.. Why is it so difficult for People like you to accept that everyone has a right of an opinion...and why do you guys see everything through communal lenses.

why would muslims and christians of India follow vedanta principle.. although I dont know what that is?

Dont talk about some thing that you dont know.
Now a days you can see a lot of rubbish about Hinduism.I dont other states condition.But in my state .I personally know a lot of Muslims and Christians that secretly go to the
temples for pujas.
RSS Chief is absolutely right.One doesnt want to follow Hindu gods for Hinduism.People from other religions is become Hindus when they follow Indian culture.
Hinduism is a way of life.

Off course nobody is obliged to take his views seriously. We are just talking about his opinions not some laws passed by GoI. But when a religious organization's head is speaking about "all Indians" then those who disagree or agree with him must want their opinions to be heard too, isn't?

Debating his opinion is fine, pretending the sky is falling is what I was referring to. This is like giving fuel to the fire, the more one argues here, the more you are likely to end up with flared tempers. This is a philosophical point, you have said that there is a possibility that with enough caveats, you might agree with the proposition. However you & I both know that most people from other religions are not about to agree or be comfortable with it. I think the first reaction in such cases should be a yawn rather than getting their panties in a twist about this man's opinion.

If its another word for Hinduness then why not use Indian instead of hindutva by RSS and such extremist Hindu outfits?

And what is this Indian culture aka Hinudtva culture if you can explain?

If its this culture can you call us Hindutvas as well? ;) after all you mentioned us

Because language has its own importance. Usage of Indian language to describe ourselves keeps us closer to the roots.

Hindutva is nothing but Hindu culture. You know no superior/inferior schism in the society, respect for elders and teachers, living in harmony with nature, stuff like that.

Yes you could have been called Hindutva, but for the fact that you have Arabized your culture to a large extent.

why? so for becoming Indians, Muslims will have to adopt hinudtva tag?

Hinduism is the Indian culture.But that doesnt mean he want to follow Hinduism strictly .People from any religion can become become Hinduism is the way of life.Our civilization. Those who dont want our civilization can find other places.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom